More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:31:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Error logs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error logs  (Read 7629 times)
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Error logs
« on: 2006 May 28, 04:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be a no-brainer but is it ok to delete old ones?  I have somewhere in the vicinity of 38mb of logs dating back to Dec 2004, mostly sound errors and a few object error logs.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Error logs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 04:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, definitely a no-brainer - delete away.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 28, 12:31:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always delete them, the same ones just keep reappearing.  I would only keep them if there was a serious problem occurring in my game and I needed to enlist help!  I think the ones that keep appearing, audio errors for example, are because my audio drivers aren't totally compatible.  I used to get a lot of texture errors, then I upgraded my video drivers, and now I don't get any.

Zephyr Zodiac
innishkea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 28, 15:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well obviously not such a no brainer as 61 folks have had an interest in it ... So here's another I have a problem with errors its now getting to the point where there are more of them than game time can anyone help me find the cause, normally it comes up with  visitor generator  code Huh?? N001 Carson or whoever on the lot and if I delete the log it deletes the sim please help I have just disablled the visitor controller in the game so dont know if that has worked yet.....  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 28, 15:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you say !

ElfPuddle, translate!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 28, 15:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like these are error logs created with debug mode on.  But I've deleted those logs after closing my game and I haven't lost a sim yet! 

Zephyr Zodiac
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 28, 15:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like they are hitting the delete button on the error popup. instead of the  reset button in game.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 28, 15:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think you're probably right!  Even so, the sim would not be deleted from the character files, surely, and would reappear when the lot is loaded again.

Zephyr Zodiac
innishkea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 01, 14:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Guy's here we go I am getting pretty sick of errors coming up in my game I am getting them constantly, before I installed OFB my game was fine I had an occasional error and yes if I hit delete instead of reset it would delete the character from my game but I would either use insimenator restore family funtion or wait till I reloaded the lot and all would be well, I have installed EP3 and now getting more errors than even I can cope with every two seconds I get a popup saying user00325 error too many iterations stack error and this is either a vivitor generator error or object error can anyone help as it really is spoiling my game I have turned off all hacks but this makes no difference errors are still coiming up .........
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 01, 15:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, have you tried playing in safe mode - if the game plays ok when debug is turned off, then maybe it's worth trying the FFS debugger to reset the lot.  But you have to do that with debug turned off.

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 01, 18:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... if they are getting error logs that frequently... then there is definitely some kind of problem. Since you just installed OFB, are you sure that all of your custom content is OFB compatible?

Also... if you read the dialog box, it will have the location path of the actual error logs. The options that you see on the dialog box (Delete, Reset, Cancel) affect the object that is causing the error, NOT the actual error log itself. The game is providing you a choice to delete the object (which can be a sim - sims are considered objects by the game), reset the object to it's original state, and cancel which attempts to cancel out whatever [inter]action the object is attempting. Depending on the type of error, all of these actions could just be temporary solutions, as in your case.

Anyways, you should go to the location of the logs (probably C:\Documents and Settings\...\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs where ... is replaced the actual directory path on your computer). You will probably have several logs there (Object_#####.log) Take one of those error logs, post it here as an attachment, and maybe someone can figure out what your real problem is.

Ste

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 01, 20:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with syberspunk.  Turning testing cheats off will just give you constant jumping - it won't stop the problem and it won't find the source of the errors.  I also am convinced it is due to something that isn't OFB compatible.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 01, 20:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they reall could make those things easier to read.  they are a form of the core dump that was designed first in unix.  its not that hard to generate something that will mention what object it choked on.  of course then i had adb to read them with..

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 01, 20:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try running all your downoads through simPE to see if anything shows there.  Also, check with clean Installer for duplicates and Hack conflict detector from SimWardrobe for - yes - hack conflicts!

Oh, and just a thought, have you got the most up-to-date version of the Colour Options Enabler?

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 01, 21:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hack conflictor?  where exactly is the sim wardrobe?

Life is tough.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 01, 21:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simwardrobe.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 01, 21:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Blue, what've you done to irritate Pescado?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 01, 21:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's a long story.  We fight a lot.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 01, 21:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how can you tell when hes pissed?  you know when i quit smoking no one noticed and the joke was i ws so mean anyway no one could tell i was cranky.

Life is tough.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 01, 21:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, buh-leave me, you can tell when he's pissier than usual.  His usual state is that of pissiness, but he cranks it up a notch too.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 01, 21:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe thts when he needs a nap.  hahahahah.    Shocked

Life is tough.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp