More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:08:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?  (Read 26859 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 30, 04:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to stare blankly as you people rattle off strange numbers that mean nothing to me, then ask...

What does this have to do with us here?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 30, 04:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We thought you were sleeping. Tongue

You know..while the cat's away.. Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 30, 04:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just going to stare blankly as you people rattle off strange numbers that mean nothing to me, then ask...

What does this have to do with us here?

And this is why there needs to be another child board for non-Retardo, non-Podium stuff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 30, 04:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, somebody translate what all those numbers mean so I can follow along. What the heck is a 1111 or a 805? The only numbers I know are 403 and 404, which might happen if nobody translates those others for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 30, 05:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It indicates the date Helaene made the skins. January= 1/11 Etc.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 30, 05:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The names of Helaene's skintone sets are numbers, which are actually calendar dates.

I still want to know how on earth a skintone could possibly cause pointy ears. Just because a preview image has pointed ears doesn't mean the skintone actually makes Sims have pointed ears.

I have seen Pollination Technician replacements that have pointed ears, but that's completely different from a skintone replacement.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 30, 05:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen Pollination Technician replacements that have pointed ears, but that's completely different from a skintone replacement.

And now that I look around at Laverwinkles, I see that is exactly what Dylan has up for download there -- a replacement polli tech which happens to have both purple skin and pointed ears. The skintone and the ears are completely unrelated to each other in every way except that Dylan happened to use both of them when he (?) created his polli tech replacement.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 30, 05:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried two sets and didnt like them so I took them out and am using Maxis defaults unitl I find one like.  I cant remember what the first set was maybe Louis but not sure.  The second was Enayla's.  They were both too shiny for me.  Maybe I should try Helaene's.

ISFJ
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 30, 06:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im looking at Healanes now ... very nice Smiley Im goint to try some maby, but I couldnt have em as default unless I can keep my sims-vault penises! lol

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 30, 06:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Helaene's skins and Crammy's penis mod - works fine.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 30, 06:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla needs a DNS, like, say, "oilysims.com".

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 30, 07:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually ive already taken em back out .... WAYYYYYYY to oily and greesy looking for me.
SussiSoGood has nice skins ....

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 30, 07:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't like about the skins helaene and Enalya have created is the fact that males look too damn feminine! These skins look perfect on females, but on males...meh!

Let the Beast inside you free!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 30, 07:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the males look feminine at all with the 1111 skins.  At least not the default.  The pictures on her yet-again new site show something completely different to what I see in my game.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 May 30, 08:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...maybe that's one series I haven't tried. Oh, and never trust a pic  Wink

ETA: damn, I see some skins in there I hadn't seen until now. Oh my poor Downloads folder. Oh Lordi...!

Let the Beast inside you free!
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 May 30, 17:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using some of Lyran's non-default skin tones and I rather like those. They're not terribly realistic but have a bit of eyelash and some color to the cheeks and lips. Females are correct above the waist. The only reason I'm not using the default ones is I'd like some with a bit of hair down there and maybe a little less blush to the cheeks. I haven't seen any others I like, so I'll have to check out some of the ones mentioned here.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2006 May 30, 17:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried other skins but keep ending up with AllenABQ's skins made into defaults. They're not super-realistic but they do have body hair (on the men).  I tend not to like the shiny look, plus I think a lot of "realistic" skins have this weird effect where the collarbone seems to really stick out...

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 May 30, 19:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using some of Lyran's non-default skin tones and I rather like those. They're not terribly realistic but have a bit of eyelash and some color to the cheeks and lips. Females are correct above the waist. The only reason I'm not using the default ones is I'd like some with a bit of hair down there and maybe a little less blush to the cheeks. I haven't seen any others I like, so I'll have to check out some of the ones mentioned here.

I used Lyran's as default, but the men looked too feminine with all that eyeliner Cheesy I am currently using the maxis skins cos I haven't seen any skins that seem right for my game.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 May 30, 19:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded and at this point am totally liking the 1111 skins.  They don't have that creepy over realistic effect that some of her prior skins I have downloaded have.  Or the guys looking feminine as I have noticed that as well with some of her prior work.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 May 30, 19:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Helaina has a new skin out today ... not bad, but still to 'yeti' on the male's for my taste Smiley

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 May 30, 21:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Lyrans for a very long time - but the blokes lookd far too efiminate.

I've now switched over to Helaenes 1111 defaults (thanks Blue!), and I find them much better for the women, but the blokes are still a tad hairy.  I figured I could put up with hairy blokes easier than I could put up with girly blokes, so I've stopped there for now.

I can't remember which alien default I have (another thanks to Blue), and I really would like male defaults like that one for the human type sims.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 May 30, 21:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried other skins but keep ending up with AllenABQ's skins made into defaults. They're not super-realistic but they do have body hair (on the men).  I tend not to like the shiny look, plus I think a lot of "realistic" skins have this weird effect where the collarbone seems to really stick out...

Or they'll have a protruding belly, or weird knees, yeah.  I don't know whether it's a flaw in the whole way skins are handled, or if I'm just clueless as to what constitutes an attractive physique, or what, but I honestly prefer the Maxis style to most of the custom skins I've seen.

The other thing I've noticed is, the more detailed and realistic your default skins are, the harder it is to make your Sims really look different from one another.  A somewhat bland skin seems to lend itself better to individualizing each Sim because it draws one's attention away from things like lip and lower-eyelid shape, and more toward variable things like eye color, hairstyle and facial hair.  I find AllenABQ's are a nice compromise between too-doll-like and too-realistic.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 May 30, 22:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use sims vault real skins with real adds...

Regarding the 112s, I tried to edit them for Blue so they wouldnt be so shiny. I liked them at first and then sometimes a line would show up at the neck and other times not, I never could figure it out. Anyway, I miss these skins because I love the faces, but I am having graphics issues on and off, maybe I will use them again later I dont know...so here they are, please dont email me and tell me they suck, if you dont like them remove them. Tongue

Light
Medium
Tan
Dark
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 May 30, 22:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these the default versions, or just modified versions?

(Oh, and thanks -- I've downloaded them...)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 May 30, 22:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use sims vault real skins with real adds...

so here they are, please dont email me and tell me they suck, if you dont like them remove them. Tongue

Cheesy  That is what I would do anyway Nectere.  I'm not that much of a whiner to complain about something someone has made and offered for me to use.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: