More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:09:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Visitor-Enabled objects?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Visitor-Enabled objects?  (Read 3639 times)
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Visitor-Enabled objects?
« on: 2006 May 27, 23:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! Wink I was away from the community for a long time now  Roll Eyes Many things happened those months.
Anyway, i was expecting to find a lot of autonomous/visitor-enabled objects when i came back. It just seems logical to me that since OFB is out many people would like to open shops where customers can use different type objects (and you charge them per hour). Like gyms, or a internet-cafe.
In fact, i made a mod some months ago that allowed customers to use computers in your business lot, and to my surprise there is only like 2 other mods like that around.

I guess what i'm trying to say is...am  i missing something? Is there a global mod that let visitors use all kind of objects in bussiness or people isn't interested in this feature? Huh
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Visitor-Enabled objects?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 04:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No global mod that I am aware of, but I for one would like to see more items that are not already visitor-enabled made so. For example, when you posted your visitor-enabled computer on MTS2, I asked if you could visitor-enable the alienware PC. Even better, though, would be to visitor-enable the version of the Alienware PC posted somewhere on this site (I forget who by) that has all the Uni & OFB features added. That way, we'd be able to have some variety in our cybercafes.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 28, 04:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking for some visitor enabled bookshelves (for my community lots) earlier today, but had no luck.

I force all my sims to skill up at community lots, and it's great that they can get creativity, cleaning, logic, and body there (thanks to Squinge's visitor enabled career reward objects)...but I can't seem to find anything for them to gain mechanical or cooking.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 28, 12:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean for your controllable sims?  If you have Pescado's comm-skilling, they should be able to use any bookcase to gain mechanical etc., but why would a non-controllable sim want to gain anything that isn't FUN!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 28, 12:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I?m guessing that's with uainntjak, right?
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 28, 13:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right.

I mean ALL the sims in my neighborhood.  In my neighborhood.  In my neighborhood.  Yes, all of the sims in my neighborhood.

Sorry, had a Sesame Street moment there.

So, anyway, I figure if someone can make working out fun (and on my community lot, that seems to be what most of the sims do, is head right for the workout items), then there ought to be a way to make studying mechanical fun (or, failing that, to get the reward objects visitor enabled, because those are fun, right?)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 28, 13:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried getting one of your controllables to offer lessons to one of your visitors on one of the reward objects, and see if they use them then?  I know they do on home lots, so I would think you could do it that way on a community lot.

Zephyr Zodiac
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 28, 13:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No...I suppose I could give that a shot.  I usually have my playable sim doing his/her own skilling, and let all the other sims on the lot make their own decisions as to what they'll do.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 28, 14:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it depends on whether you're trying to get one of them to gain a particular skill in a hurry.  Otherwise, I'd just be satisfied with them gaining the skills they CAN gain - and here's a thought!  If you have a lot of toy robots and clean-bots etc. on the lot, then when they go wrong, you could get one of your sims to influence them to repair.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: