More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:00:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  possable use for the vamp overlay?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: possable use for the vamp overlay?  (Read 5672 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
possable use for the vamp overlay?
« on: 2006 May 22, 08:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you know the vampire overlay right? I was wondering if it is possible to clone it and make it choosable so that it could be used for full body scars, freckles, etc, for all sims ( not just vampires) ? I would much adore that!!!

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Re: possable use for the vamp overlay?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 23, 01:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been trying to figure out how to do that for ages myself. I even brought it up in another thread not too long ago. If some brilliant person who is much smarter than me could figure it out, it would be amazing. I don't know if it is possible though. Maybe if we all stormed the BBS and started whining nonstop about tattoos, they would put it in an EP, like they did for the whiny pet people ^_^
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 23, 03:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell Yeah! Id rather have tattoos than pets

ISFJ
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 23, 03:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want both! Bring on the tattooed chihuahuas!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 23, 03:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I told my mom I was going to tattoo her chihuahua once. That didn't go over too well. She muttered something about my cats and pink dye
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 23, 03:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the game as it is, would the sim need to be a vampire to get the custom overlay much like the servo right now?  If this could be reverse engineered somehow and be available on all sims then we could reduce the amount of skintones used.  I believe they're 3MB each currently.

Hmm, I wonder if they'll have vampire pets?
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 23, 06:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it can be extracted and turned into a face mask in the make up section .... or would you loose the body? Hmmmm

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 23, 10:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe done the same way as earrings etc

Axe murdered since 2006
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 24, 12:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive taken a look, but know ABSLOUTLY NOTHING about modding ... I can creat clothing and hair and bin hair providing i dont have to touch a mesh ... so I was Waaaaayyyyyyy outta my league here Sad Anyone else?

Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 25, 23:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't an easy way to do this because it's not treated like a regular skin. The overlay is toggled by a specific BHAV that either turns the flag on or off - i'm not positive, but I think it depends on whether the sim has the Vampire Token or not. i think that's what is controlling the on/off thing.

I'ts probably possible for one of the modders to make something similar that would work for tattoos - I don't know. I haven;t done a lot of modding, mostly just the food stuff, but I'll have a look. No promises through!

Morague
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 26, 01:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this will help or not, but I extracted a vamp sim with sim surgery to clone in a hood rebuild and right from CAS she has the vamp overlay without being a vampire, therefore it may be possible to utilise the on/off in some other way.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 26, 08:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, so if Jorenne has it showing it must be poss SOMEHOW  Huh
Thanks for taking a look Morague, there would be SO MANY possibility's open if we can somehow get at this for other uses Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 26, 08:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't an easy way to do this because it's not treated like a regular skin. The overlay is toggled by a specific BHAV that either turns the flag on or off - i'm not positive, but I think it depends on whether the sim has the Vampire Token or not. i think that's what is controlling the on/off thing.
It could be possible to toggle the vampire overlay via the Generic Sim Call without actually setting the sim as a vampire, or removing the persondata bit that causes him to be recognized as a vampire while allowing him to retain the overlay...

But there's only one overlay. Either all vampires end up that way, or no one ends up that way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 26, 10:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jorenne,

How does the overlay work for you - what I mean is, are you choosing it as a custom skin color, or do they have a regular color & then you put the overlay on them? If you are putting the overlay on a regular colored skin - how are you doing that? Where does it show up so you can choose it?

It would definitely be possible to create tattoos as custon skin "colors" but I don't think that is what most of you are loking for. As for making them accessories, that is also possible but then you have to deal with them sowing up over top of the clothes not being covered by the clothes.

Ideally, having the tattoos as an overlay would be the best solution because they'd have their normal skin, then the tatoo & then the clothes. I'll have a look into this over the weekend & see if I can figure something out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 28, 09:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been messing with the vampire overlays and think I've finally cracked the issue where it impossible to use any face paints or other makeup options on a vampire without them also turning blue. Probably will be in the next release of VampireFixes, superceding the old Argonian fix.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 28, 12:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh! Great news JM Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: