More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:54:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't bloody pledge!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't bloody pledge!  (Read 5233 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Can't bloody pledge!
« on: 2006 May 27, 11:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, have twins in a greek house, as soon as they applied for a charter the sister went off and brought back a letter, which is non-selectable. The message box thing said my greek house was level 6....so I am guessing this is the level 6 pledge bug. I have Uni and NL, and the game is patched up-to-date. I am wondering where the fix is for this? I am sure I used to have it, but it was unnessesary to have in my game because of patches....this is the first greek house I have made since I first installed uni. I think it was made by TwoJeffs, but not too sure...it could be Pes. If anyone has it can you please email it to me.....please? Cry  I think my email is in my profile, but if not, pm me Smiley Thanks!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't bloody pledge!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 27, 11:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what you're saying. The letter is "non-selectable"? What, exactly, is wrong?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 27, 11:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she's referring to the Greek House "sim gweek symbol" decorative object that is acquired when a charter is granted. Ordinarily the symbol may be clicked to access an assessment of the current status of the fraternity.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 27, 11:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened when I first installed Uni, but I had so many other things going wrong I reinstalled, after which it was fine.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 27, 11:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is definitely unrelated. You have to save, exit, and reload the lot after making it a Greek house for all functions to work. This isn't related to the level 6  bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 27, 13:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, obviously since I uninstalled and reinstalled, I had to exit and re-enter my lot, which is no doubt why I could pledge etc.  But I did have so many things that were far more serious than that going wrong and that was the only advice I got, and I did it and it worked.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 27, 13:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is definitely unrelated. You have to save, exit, and reload the lot after making it a Greek house for all functions to work. This isn't related to the level 6  bug.

*DrBeast stares blankly at the screen, then starts banging his head on the desk

Way to go on letting us know about that, Maxis. Really, WAY TO FUCKING GO!!!  Angry

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 27, 14:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think actually, they did, in a roundabout way, as if you use changeLotZoning, you have to do that.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 27, 14:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but it remains a residential lot of sorts! I mean, you don't have to do that for, say, a home business, correct? Stupid, STUPID maxis! Argh!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 27, 14:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, think about it, Uni was the first EP, so things which appeared then are not so advanced.  Loading time has come down considerable since then, for starters, and a lot of other improvements have been made, but I suppose this just wasn't considered important enough, or maybe to difficult, to change.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 27, 14:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but I suppose this just wasn't considered important enough, or maybe to difficult, to change.

Bah...just part of EA's "who gives a fuck" standards...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 27, 14:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think by too difficult I meant it might cause more problems than it solves.  I imagine it's one thing making a new set of instructions for a new EP (as in the family business, for example) and another thing to go into older coding and rewrite that.  Isn't that the reason why most of us are wary of the kind of hacks that have to be put into program files, and like Pescado's, because they go into Documents, and are thus easily removed - although we have to close our game to do so, or to remove any other custom content unless we do it in the build or buy menu.  And hacks which just slip into Downloads are much less problematical to update as you simply exchange the old for the new, and since you know where it is, that bit is easy.  Personally, I'm wary of anything that messes with my program files, including patches!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 27, 15:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, let's say, for argument's sake, that yes, it's too difficult for them to do. How about a popup box prompting you to save and re-enter for the changes to take place? It THAT too difficult too? Or, how about stating it in the the first place IN THE FUCKING MANUAL?!? I ask too much, don't I? Bah, I'll just shut up...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 27, 16:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of Maxis/EA, I'd say, yes, you do!  But never mind, we have Pescado!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 27, 16:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thank the Gods for him and the other talented people out there who actually make the game PLAYABLE!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 27, 16:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm yeah, when I went back in the game it was all working as it should Cheesy Thanks all and sorry for bothering you!

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 27, 17:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks all and sorry for bothering you!

No need to feel sorry, your post was a real eye-opener to me!
Footnote: someone should set the thanks and quote buttons a bit apart! I thought the Obstetrics Dept's test subjects had broken out of their pen!  Tongue

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 27, 17:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! I do that too, press the 'thanks' instead of the 'quote', makes me jump everytime Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: