More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Genetic Experimentation Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Genetic Experimentation Challenge  (Read 6564 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
The Genetic Experimentation Challenge
« on: 2006 May 25, 06:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I previously posted this on another Sims forum, but since it's Invitation Only, I figured I would also share it in a public forum. Please let me know what you think of this.

Begin copy:
~~~
1. Either create a new sim or sim couple in CAS or use downloaded sims. Do not use facial templates (or if you do, alter them significantly).
2. For your not-to-actually-be-created sim, pick an adult (either gender) and click 'Randomize' five times. Take print screens of the facial features of this sim (front face and in profile) for both genders. You may want to consider printing out a copy of them as well.
3. Your goal is to breed a sim (either gender) into your CAS family that looks as close to these facial features as possible. If you're starting with a couple, they will be married and can only breed with each other. This is to give the challenge a bit of a kickstart to begin with.
4. Move them into a lot and get crackin'. There are no restrictions on lot size.

Rules:
1. You may use any cheat and/or hack or mod except ones that alter a sim's genetic makeup (you certainly can use the Plastic Surgery machine since it does nothing to alter the genetics of a sim, but no claiming that you bred a sim that looks that way), and you also may not clone a sim in any fashion. In regards to speeding up time hacks, see rule #6.
2. You may not create townies/CAS/NPCs specifically for this challenge. You can use any CASs/playable sims that already exist in your game if you so choose.
3. You have as many or as few generations to achieve this as you so desire.
4. Skin tone and/or eye color doesn't matter; only the facial structure does.
5. Facial structures can only be compared once the in-game born sim reaches adulthood.
6. If you feel yourself getting too bored or frustrated with this challenge, feel free to speed up the aging a bit, but only one time skip per generation (i.e. In generation 4, you can make a newly-grown child turn into a teen, but you can't do that for any other generation 4 members; you can, however, do that again in generation 5 or later). Just so we're clear: you can only jump to the next age stage. No turning children into adults, or toddlers into teens.
7. You may not create a child (or toddler, etc.) for your couple in CAS.

The only one who can truly determine when the challenge is over is you, or if you choose to post comparison pics on a forum, your community members.

Initially, I was going to say that you could use pictures of other sims provided by other people, but considering how finely tuned some features can get, I thought that might be a touch too imposible, so I went with the random sim genetics. What do you all think? I was also thinking that if the challenge is too easy, then I could make the skin tone and eye color required in the final result, but I'd love to get all your thoughts first.

~~~~

End copy

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: