More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:53:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Pillow Fight Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Pillow Fight Request  (Read 5223 times)
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
No Pillow Fight Request
« on: 2006 May 21, 06:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking at the available hacks, and noticed the "noroadpillows" one. This got me to thinking... Could you make a hack that prevents sims from having the want to have a pillow fight when there are no beds on the lot? (or maybe add this feature to the noroadpillows hack?) I was thinking of using noroadpillows when it occurred to me that it could pose a problem when they are on downtown lots with no beds, for example.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: No Pillow Fight Request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 21, 06:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has actually already been discussed before. Folks who wanted to be able to make their Sims have a pillow fight anywhere to satisfy wants but don't want to let their Sims have pillow fights willy-nilly on their own seem to mostly be using a "no autonomous pillow fights" hack found on MTS2. (Either that or they just cope and wait to satisfy the want, but the people who've peeved about the noroadpillows hack mostly seem to want to be able to do it on dates.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 31, 23:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Sims didn't want to have pillow fights in the first place, they would roll better wants replacing that stupid one. It's a totally ridiculous want: you go out to a nice restaurant or club, of course you always want to have a pillow fight, right?

I would also love a hack preventing Sims from wanting pillow fights, or just replacing that want with a simple "play with".

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 01, 02:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, these poor pleasure sims have so few sensible wants, don't they - I mean, you're out on a date with the man or woman of your dreams, and all you want to do is ventrilofart them!  I ask you!  But then, sims are not people, they are sims, and their wants are limited, and frequently ridiculous.

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 01, 03:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forget pleasure Sims, my fortune Sims want to pillow fight on dates! All my Sims do, regardless of aspiration and playfulness. It's quite annoying, and reminiscent of the instrument want spam that TwoJeffs so kindly burninated.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 03:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, most of my sims have their dates at home at the moment as I don't have a Downtown attached to this installation, so I suppose it's a natural sim thing after a quick roll in the hay to have a pillow fight!

Funnily enough, the only sim I've every had to roll the want to study for two majors was a pleasure sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, most of my sims have their dates at home at the moment as I don't have a Downtown attached to this installation, so I suppose it's a natural sim thing after a quick roll in the hay to have a pillow fight!

Funnily enough, the only sim I've every had to roll the want to study for two majors was a pleasure sim!

It would be fine if they only wanted it in bedrooms, but they want it in clubs and restaurants and probably rock quarries.

Lucky you, my only pleasure Sim at University so far has made me really hate the aspiration. Even my romance Sims want to do homework and write term papers, but all she ever wants to do is stay home from class, play computer games, and go on dates. Okay, so she's like I was when I was 19, but I don't really want to re-live that  Roll Eyes.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 03:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Stella got like that later, so I rather wonder if she had some dangling SWAFs!  One choice was understandable (Art) as her LTW was Celebrity Chef, but the other was Politics!  And though after the first Semester she never wanted to do an assignement or write a term paper again, she always did them without complaint (and no macrotastics then) and if she went visiting she'd do them and study, so that quite often when it was her turn to be played, her bar was almost full!  (And when as a teen she had a perfect date with her boyfriend, she crept over in the middle of the night and left him his flowers and - a Farstar telescope!  (And he's a romance sim!)

I do think, though, that when sims of any persuasion are on dates they roll some crazy wants, and we just need to be selective and only lock any that we want them to get, so that the others have a chance of rerolling to something more "acceptable"!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 01, 03:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I do play to the wants I like, and can most often avoid the pillow fight want. But I hate even seeing it there. Some wants that others dislike, I don't mind much (like the tree/shrub/plant wants), but this one is a pet peeve of mine.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 01, 03:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you thought about making a lot especially for dates, with all the things they get wants for if they're there (like the karaoke,  a pool table, electrodance sphere etc?  (You could put a bed on the lot so then the pillow fight want wouldn't seem quite so stupid!)

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 01, 03:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really rather not resort to that, I'm fine with the Nightlife neighborhood that came with the game. Shocking after the joke that University buildings are. I just don't want to see the stupid want.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 01, 04:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe if they were already in love?  I have a pleasure sim who's husband is Romance and they both kept spinning the Ask someone on a date want, and then he spun Ask Georgina on a date - at which point I gave in and let him ask her.  The had the date at home since they were at home and they spent almost the whole time woohooing - and she rolled exactly the same wants as he did - they had a wonderful time!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 01, 04:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they want to pillow fight no matter who they date. Pillow fighting doesn't clog their wants slots, I don't have problems getting other wants like woohoo to spin (usually), I'm just sick and tired of even seeing the pillow fight want.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 01, 04:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange - I don't often see it even with my most fun-loving sims!  I suppose it depends on their interests!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 01, 05:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see this want all the time on dates, and I'm tired of seeing it too.  That's the main reason I took out no road pillows and put in Monique's no autonomous pillow fighting mod.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 01, 05:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see this want all the time on dates, and I'm tired of seeing it too.  That's the main reason I took out no road pillows and put in Monique's no autonomous pillow fighting mod.

Does that mod kill the wants too?

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 01, 05:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that mod kill the wants too?

No, but unlike noroadpillows it means that they can be fulfilled even if there's not a bed in the room.

Maybe we should just all get crammy's fish pillows mod. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: