More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 06:19:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Default Replacement Clothes for Servos?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Default Replacement Clothes for Servos?  (Read 14298 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Default Replacement Clothes for Servos?
« on: 2006 May 19, 01:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least, I assume that's what I'd need to do what I want to do.

What I want is Servos that look like more human-shaped androids, basically. I have skintones that I like for the purpose. I've sorted out how to get a Servo out of the clothing and hair meshes that make it look like a Servo, and how to use SimPE to give the Servo the skintone I want (and I'm assuming that there isn't any way to get around having to do it one by one), but when the Servos I'd modified visited other lots, they reverted to the Maxis Servo stuff.

Since I wanted to put all my Servos in the same outfit (invisible clothes to show off the droid skintone), I'm thinking that a default replacement would probably solve the problem. I'd also be willing to have them all be stuck with the same hairstyle (I'd have to decide whether I'd prefer it be a bald head or something else) instead of being able to give them different ones for identification, if that was my only alternative to being stuck with the Maxis version.

Anybody tried this yet? Willing to try it for me? Have a better idea of whether or not it would work? I'm not completely hopeless with SimPE but I don't really have any idea how to find the Servo stuff in order to do anything to it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Default Replacement Clothes for Servos?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 19, 01:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get it to work I would be interested in seeing it!

Axe murdered since 2006
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 19, 02:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge did something so Servo will look like humans, maybe it is what you are looking for,  here is a link to this mod:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7056&highlight=servo
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 19, 03:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works quite well, the only snag is that Servos tend to revert back to their original skin temporarily when visiting community lots.

You'll also note that the glowing green orb in Servo's middle can still be seen now and then just beneath the skin surface.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 19, 03:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that mod, MissDoh, and Pescado's clothing tool is also equally effective, but neither of them can do anything to stop Servos from reverting to Maxis defaults on lots they don't live on.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 19, 03:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ok, I tried.  Smiley  I had no idea you had it already since you did not specify it.  Embarrassed
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 19, 05:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely a useful part of the process, and thanks for suggesting it. Smiley It just doesn't address the issue I'm having. Maybe I should ask Windkeeper if she would do Servo default replacements. She's uploaded a couple of nice default replacements sets to MTS2 lately, especially the fabulous male swimwear set (in general there's actually a lot of Maxis clothing I like, but their male swimwear is godawful). I know she has a lot on her plate, though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 19, 16:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely a useful part of the process, and thanks for suggesting it. Smiley It just doesn't address the issue I'm having. Maybe I should ask Windkeeper if she would do Servo default replacements. She's uploaded a couple of nice default replacements sets to MTS2 lately, especially the fabulous male swimwear set (in general there's actually a lot of Maxis clothing I like, but their male swimwear is godawful). I know she has a lot on her plate, though.
I truly wasn't aware there was much variety in the world of male swimwear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 19, 18:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly wasn't aware there was much variety in the world of male swimwear.

There isn't. Swim trunks are usually either boring (dull solid colors) or loud (goofy Hawaiian prints). Unfortunately, the Maxis ones are boring AND loud, and generally hideous. Windkeeper's replacements look like swim trunks I have actually seen men wear.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 19, 20:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't. Swim trunks are usually either boring (dull solid colors) or loud (goofy Hawaiian prints). Unfortunately, the Maxis ones are boring AND loud, and generally hideous. Windkeeper's replacements look like swim trunks I have actually seen men wear.
I feel this is truly an appropriate metaphor for sim-swimming in general: Boring and loud.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 20, 10:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I recently spent an evening trying to get servo into an android skin. Veilchen said use agesimscheat to make servo an elder, then back to adult. That gets them into a normal skin. Then I got the DNA number of the skin I wanted to use and pasted it over these three values in DNA description in SimPE (see http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3634.0);

Dominant Gene: Skintone  00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Recessive Gene: Skintone  00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Skintone Range:   00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

Commit and Save

No dice, my servos are still pink skinned.

I tried the SimSurgery module in SimPE.

No Dice.

I tried the alternate SimSurgery model in SimPE. (MTS2 I think that module was - can't remember now.)

Still pink skinned servos.

I even tried using the cloning lab in SimEnhancer 2. I had to create android sims, make a clone of them then try to overwrite the skin of the servo sim. SimEnhancer gave me a funny message, like 'this sim doesn't exist except in peoples' memories'.

So if anyone works out how to do it - I've seen screenshots of servos as androids - please let me know how.  Undecided

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 20, 12:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for servo specifically, but in order to change the skintone of my sims (I do that to most townies that marry in my sims' families) I have to change the DNA as you did (I want the change to be genetic) and I also change the number in the sim character file, in the age data and in the property sets.
When done changing the DNA commit and save then use the more... open sim's character file
In the character file you need to click on the age data and change the line "skintone" to match the new skintone you want and then click (after commit of course) on the property sets (usually 2 or 3 depending on the age of your sim) and change the line skintone in each property set. Commit and save.
In game you need to "do something" to your sim to reset his skintone (the change won't display automatically as soon as you start the game). You have (as far as I know) two different methods to do that : either age up and down the sim, or (the method I prefer as it doesn't mess up the clothing) change the sim to zombie and back to sim. I do that with insim but I think you can also do that with the testing cheats.

In order to change the eye color it's almost the same, only easier : you have to change the DNA (if you want your change to be genetic) and then change the "eyecolor" line in the age data in the character file. No need to change anything in the property sets at all.
And it is a lot easier to make the changes appear in game : just change appearance with a mirror (click ok even if you did not actually change a thing).

Hope this can help you. As I said I don't know for sure if it works with servo, but it works perfectly with ordinary sims.
Don't hesitate to ask if something is not clear.
Pioupiou
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 20, 13:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I was able to get to work was using SimSurgery, with an android Sim I'd created just for that purpose as the template. I had to use the full SimSurgery to make it work; trying to just pick parts either gave me error messages or simply did nothing.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 21, 04:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When done changing the DNA commit and save then use the more... open sim's character file
In the character file you need to click on the age data and change the line "skintone" to match the new skintone you want and then click (after commit of course) on the property sets (usually 2 or 3 depending on the age of your sim) and change the line skintone in each property set. Commit and save.
Pioupiou

I can find the age data and change the skincolour, but I can't find anything  that looks like property sets or is labelled as such. Am I missing something obvious or do you think the servo might not have any if it starts as adult?

I'm giving it another try now.

akatonbo I apologise for hijacking this thread, I hope you found a way to do the default clothing you wanted. If Pioupiou's suggestions don't work in SimPE, I'll try creating an android and cloning it over the servo in it's entirety with simsurgery. Thanks. Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 21, 04:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeehaar! It worked.

I've also discovered a use for the hats - as well as the coloured hair which someone else mentioned. Now he has some skin I see Marvin is also badly in need of some exercise. A fat android just looks odd...

dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 21, 06:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two questions:

1. Which method did you end up using?
2. Does he revert to default servo appearance when he visits a community lot?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 21, 07:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I've just taken pics of the process and am going to post a tutorial in peasantry a bit later on. To say thanks for all the people that have given me clues and hints and instructions. Smiley

I haven't taken Marvin to a community lot yet, will report back.

Edit: Hah - and now I want default clothing for the servos - ie no clothing - hey - the thread's back on topic!

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 21, 16:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue I had wasn't with taking a Servo to a community lot myself (although I actually didn't try that), it was that when the Servo appeared on another lot (residential, but I assume it would be the same on a community lot, and it's just as much of an annoyance if it only happens with residential walkbys) as a walkby visitor, he was back in the Maxis stuff. Kind of like how cheerleaders and llama mascots always wear their Uni stuff when they show up as uncontrollables.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: