More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:10:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will you ever...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will you ever...  (Read 11607 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Will you ever...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 19, 19:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a game, why do you need something that makes you uncomfortable though?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 19, 19:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the same reason why V.C. Andrews (or any horror author, to extend the analogy more broadly, but Andrews in particular is fairly notorious for incest) is a bestselling author. Some people enjoy reading things that make them uncomfortable for fun. And teen pregnancy in general isn't an uncomfortable issue for everyone, and teen-teen woohoo even less so. (I personally think the fact that teens and college students can't date in-game normally is a little silly -- that's not even particularly controversial.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 19, 20:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be more interesting if it created inbred, mentally-deficient sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 19, 20:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally don't care for it, only because my brother and sister both had kids as 16-year-olds, and subsequently have had very hard lives.  I feel their pain and while they may not quite regret it (although my sister very nearly gave up her son for adoption about six months after he was born - during which time I was taking care of him full-time with a full-time job, and I was only nineteen), they both would have made different choices if they had to do it all over again.

Anyway, long story short, I prefer the slightly unreal, idealistic world of my Simmies and I try not to change it too much (annoying coded habits notwithstanding!)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 19, 21:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a game, why do you need something that makes you uncomfortable though?

Unless I'm writing a story with that theme, I don't need it :) I play the game the way that's fun for me. But I need it available for other people, so I can read their stories. Maybe have an uncomfortable moment learning experience. Maybe be able to empathise a bit more with your life or your sisters or brothers. Or so other people can, even if I never do.

I don't like pink. I rarely paint with that color - my little girls don't wear pink clothes. I've thought several times about starting a "Simply Sick of Pink" site for kids with lots of girl's stuff in other colors. I just don't like it, Sam I Am ;) But I need it to be a part of the pallet so other people can paint pigs or make frilly victorian clothes or whatever. I don't want to use it myself, but I definately don't want it banned altogether.

It would be more interesting if it created inbred, mentally-deficient sims.

Half the sims in the game look inbred anyways. And they're *all* mentally-defiicient. Isn't that why you play with free-will off?

Unsouper
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 19, 21:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never use any of those mods.

And I was a victim of incest. It wasn't fun at the time. I try not to think about it. That's something that's hard for people to understand...it sounds intriguing, but if you were a victim of it, it leaves scars. Believe me, I know.

Nuff said.

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 19, 22:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free not to think about it Jarsie. Please don't think I'm trying to promote it or trying to make you (or anyone) uncomfortable. I've been speaking about entertainment in general, not just TS2. There are certainly many things which I don't deal well with. I've got PTSD, and I'd rather not go there. So I don't.

*hands Jarsie a bouquet*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 19, 23:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I didn't mean it that way. I certainly don't think anyone should be forced to relive bad experiences.

Unsouper
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 20, 03:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack that allows incest (yes, okay, eww, but it was for a storyline, so nah) called CloserFamily-OptionalPatch.package. I think I may have picked it up at MTS2, but I'm not sure. It works, and I don't think I've ever had it conflict with anything

*edit* Here is the link: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=82368
It says it's for nightlife, but it works fine with OFB.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 21, 07:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does a mod exist which enables non-pregnancy teen-to-teen woohoo without enabling teen-to-adult or teen-to-elder or anything else like that? If so, where can I get it?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 21, 07:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the Woohoo for Teens mod but just don't have them woohoo with adults or elders.  I'm not sure if one exists that only enables it for teens.  Jenflowers was the one who made the original Woohoo for teens, but Jase has taken over the project since she stepped out.  He now maintains it at his site along wtih InTeen.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 21, 07:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, I suppose that would work... I don't guess we have autonomous woohooing to worry about, do we? *whaps self on the head for not realizing that woohoo isn't an autonomous action*

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 21, 07:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless you have Lizz Love's autonomous waterbed.  Cheesy  Of course, even if you did, you can change the settings on it to make it so teens can't use it.  Even if you have teens in love with older sims, they will not spin up romantic wants toward them, because the wants tree doesn't recognize those relationships.  So I usually don't end up pursuing those relationships because I like getting the aspiration points for it, LOL.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: