More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:24:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Retarded OFB question.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Retarded OFB question.  (Read 9722 times)
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
Retarded OFB question.
« on: 2006 May 18, 18:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if it's possible to sell clothes from a HOME business?   Roll Eyes
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Retarded OFB question.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 18, 18:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havent tried it but I imagine the answer is yes..since almost anything and everything is sellable. 

siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 18, 18:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to get clothing racks on a residential lot.  I even tried going to a community lot, buying them, and placing them into a sim's inventory, but they won't go IN the inventory.  So there went that plan.  =\
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 18, 19:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide states no clothing stores and no restaurants as home businesses. 
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 18, 19:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucks.  Thanks though.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 18, 19:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a hack on MTS2 that allows you to get all community lot items availabe in the buy catalogue for residential lots; you might take a look there.

Eta: here it is: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138575
« Last Edit: 2006 May 18, 19:42:54 by KellyQ » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 18, 20:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfect!  Thank you so much!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 19, 17:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can stuff it into your inventory when you buy one on a community lot, you can haul it home with you and use it there. I routinely bogart community lot trash cans in this way, stuffing them into the inventories of my owners and managers so they can take them home with them and use them as no-empty trashcans. The street trash can has been permanently knocked over on some lots because of this, and I simply never bother to un-knock it over, instead using my handy no-empty community lot trash can for all my trashcanning needs. The community lot can even comes in a wide variety of colors to fit any room. Did I mention that it's firmly attached to a post and cannot be knocked over, nor does it ever need emptying?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 19, 18:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a moment, JM, I thought you were going to say that you have a home business selling community trash cans!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 19, 19:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

Unsouper
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 19, 19:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a home business that sells clothes.  I used one of the special "community stuff" collections, as mentioned above.  Just be sure to use the tool to set it for sale, or it won't work.  Yes, that's what I did.  Took me several (sim) days to figure it out.

And hey, why not sell communtiy lot trash cans?  Then you can use Pescado's handy tip.  Not to mention the thrill of marrying a townie into the family, to learn they own 100 of them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 19, 20:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't sell community trashcans because they can't be flagged for sale. Or I would have.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 20, 10:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a successful home restaurant using a community collection in a residential lot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 21, 07:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can stuff it into your inventory when you buy one on a community lot, you can haul it home with you and use it there. I routinely bogart community lot trash cans in this way, stuffing them into the inventories of my owners and managers so they can take them home with them and use them as no-empty trashcans. The street trash can has been permanently knocked over on some lots because of this, and I simply never bother to un-knock it over, instead using my handy no-empty community lot trash can for all my trashcanning needs. The community lot can even comes in a wide variety of colors to fit any room. Did I mention that it's firmly attached to a post and cannot be knocked over, nor does it ever need emptying?

If you have a community trash can on your lot, could you delete the regular trash can with moveobjects on?

If you have a maid, will she pick up a kicked over trash can?

Just two questions I didn't know the answer to.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 21, 14:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can stuff it into your inventory when you buy one on a community lot, you can haul it home with you and use it there.

That was the first thing I tried.  Didn't work.  The community stuff collection dealie seems to work though.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 21, 15:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's a problem related to computers etc.  that have to be switched off before they go into an inventory.  Maybe the clothing racks have to be UNSET for sale in order to go in - I know that if you want to take a few broken toy robots etc home to mend, you have to unset them for sale first!
« Last Edit: 2006 May 23, 21:42:18 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 23, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started my home based Boutique by starting with a residential lot and making it into a a comm. lot (before moving sims in)..puting all the community stuff I wanted (including clothes racks), changing the lot to residential and then moving sims in. After starting home business, I just used the sale tool to mark the clothes for sale.

Did you guys know that you have to restock the clothes on the rack? I just noticed this and one of the clothes rack actually became empty.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 23, 19:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you guys know that you have to restock the clothes on the rack? I just noticed this and one of the clothes rack actually became empty.

Yea, I discovered that when I had one of my sims start selling various wardrobes and dressers in her clothing store to boost her profit margin. When I sent her to restock the dressers, she started with the clothes racks first.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 23, 21:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I discovered that when I had one of my sims start selling various wardrobes and dressers in her clothing store to boost her profit margin. When I sent her to restock the dressers, she started with the clothes racks first.

Yeah I did notice the same thing that if you dont restock the racks in the home business they empty unlike the the "community lot " benefits of old where the racks never emptied Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 23, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's so annoying though about home businesses or clothing stores is your playable family can't use the darn racks to buy anything THEY want!  It doesn't matter once you put your hacks back in, but if, like me, you start by playing the game just as it's installed, you can't fulfill the "Buy new clothes" want even in a store full of clothing racks!

Zephyr Zodiac
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 23, 21:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um it's probably because it counts as them already owning them, seeing as they own the store.  I always use the shop at home puter.

Axe murdered since 2006
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 23, 21:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, as I say, once you have hacks in your game again, you can deal with it, but why can't they buy from their own store?  People do it in RL - some shop-owning parents deliberately make their kids pay for sweets so they don't grow up thinking sweets are free!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 24, 00:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, as I say, once you have hacks in your game again, you can deal with it, but why can't they buy from their own store?  People do it in RL - some shop-owning parents deliberately make their kids pay for sweets so they don't grow up thinking sweets are free!
True but unfortunately sims2 isn't geared to totally mimic RL thus making us devise other methods of fulfilling their wants Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 24, 00:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thus making us devise other methods of fulfilling their wants Grin

Like cheating!! Wink

Axe murdered since 2006
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 24, 01:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a community trash can on your lot, could you delete the regular trash can with moveobjects on?
Don't do that. The trash can is used as a beacon object to indicate outside-ness.

If you have a maid, will she pick up a kicked over trash can?
Not unless she attempts to throw things away into it. If nobody ever attempts to place garbage in it, it will stay kicked.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: