More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:06:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807407 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #525 on: 2008 August 13, 19:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll do them, as Jordi has retired and SaraMK is busy with other stuff. I dunno how long it would take for the test SimPe to be released though. Hopefully not too long as Inge is pretty much on the ball.

Once I have done the cleaned Desiderata and Riverblossom templates I'll post them in this thread and whoever can do whatever they want with them then. Wink

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: 2008 August 13, 19:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not make a new thread, Emma?  Put all the useful stuff in one post with one link and the basic instructions.  You can update it when Apartments gets fixed.  I'll link to the new thread in the FAQ and then lock this thread so it can die.   Tongue

Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2008 August 31, 11:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone here planning to make an empty template for Apartment Life?
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 12:53:05 by Entgleichen » Logged
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2008 August 31, 17:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* geekgirl scrolls up a few inches

ayup.

Cyjon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2008 September 02, 02:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well since Emma's too busy *pfft* PLAYING the game to make clean templates, I'll post mine instead.

Clean Riverblossom and Desiderata

These haven't been extensively tested.  I installed them and poked around to make sure everyone's memories and family trees seemed right.  I tended to err on the side of caution in my slashing.  For example, Desiderata still has 3 social bunnies.  However they are in the Default family, aren't wearing their costumes, and the game makes a brand new social bunny rather than using one of them.  As near as I can tell they are dead social bunnies, and that's too funny to take out.  There are also several unknowns that are almost certainly unidentified NPCs so I left them in.

BirmanKat, you (or anyone) are welcome to mirror them at your site or do anything else you like with them.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2008 September 02, 12:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Someone reported that for the new social groups and witches, it's enough to delete their template character data, then the game will create new ones based on someone's very own templates, and everything should work fine. Would you people agree or am I overlooking something?
yashila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2008 September 02, 13:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Someone reported that for the new social groups and witches, it's enough to delete their template character data, then the game will create new ones based on someone's very own templates, and everything should work fine. Would you people agree or am I overlooking something?

Well that's not all...you also need to edit the template because the memories and stuff are still there which eventually will bork your game...as in jumping bug, those weird bubbles with stripes...I wouldn't do it. It's the same with all the templates...deleting all the characters is NOT enough. That's why it's called empty and CLEANED-UP Templates...

...and afaik there won't be any cleaned-up AL template as long as there's no updated SimPE...so just wait and drink rum.

At least that's what I know.

I am zeh chihuahua of no-mercy. Beware or I will bite you in the back.
"OH MY HUMPING DOG!"
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2008 September 02, 13:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's why I asked. I became unsure suddenly. So thank you Smiley
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2008 September 02, 14:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I knew the process of emptying and cleaning up the templates, then I would do it myself right now.

I just want to get rid of those bloody families.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2008 September 02, 16:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's not all...you also need to edit the template because the memories and stuff are still there which eventually will bork your game...as in jumping bug, those weird bubbles with stripes...I wouldn't do it. It's the same with all the templates...deleting all the characters is NOT enough. That's why it's called empty and CLEANED-UP Templates...

...and afaik there won't be any cleaned-up AL template as long as there's no updated SimPE...so just wait and drink rum.

At least that's what I know.

The new QA version of SimPE is out and is compatible with Apartment Life, you need to download it from their forum.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2008 September 02, 18:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose there is a tutorial for cleaning out a whole neighborhood, or is that the the electric bugaloo tutorial is for?
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2008 September 02, 23:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a tutorial here, but I am not sure if it is correct.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2008 September 03, 02:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new QA version of SimPE is out and is compatible with Apartment Life, you need to download it from their forum.

However, the link to apply for QA status is broken. I applied back when we were waiting for the Bon Voyage version, but never received a reply, so I thought I'd apply again.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: 2008 September 03, 09:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do people think they're going to get some sort of fancy email?  You apply, I click "approve", you can read the QA forum, and that's all there is to it.  I rarely miss a day checking the applicants so you were probably in the first time you applied - which could explain why you can't click the link any more.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2008 September 03, 13:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what do you know. I AM allowed to view the QA thread. Yay!

It certainly made a difference when I actually logged in. *blush* Ok, so one of those "senior moments" struck again. However, in my defense, I must say that at the time I applied that application said I'd receive an email. I'm sure things have changed a lot since BV.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2008 September 04, 06:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made an empty template for AL if anyone's interested?

Back up E002
Put file in C:/Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 Apartment Life/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplates/E002
Delete characters.

I have tested this and it seams to be working so far, since this is my first I wonder if I done it right?

* E002_Neighborhood.package (105.43 KB - downloaded 14795 times.)

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2008 September 04, 15:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - I'll be brave and test this, once I get back from going off with my mom and kid sister for lunch.
tamwilliams
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2008 September 04, 17:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back up E002
Put file in C:/Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 Apartment Life/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplates/E002
Delete characters.

I have tested this and it seams to be working so far, since this is my first I wonder if I done it right?

Thank You for the file. I tested it on a hood I created before AL with my own custom townies. I had a total of 33 character files. After placing your empty template in the Neighborhood template folder and starting the game, I still only had 33 character files. Yippee. I created my first family, moved them into their house and it showed 55 character files which I am assuming are the NPCs the game generated and my family.  I shut down the game and restarted. I still have a total of 55 character files. I will open the neighborhood with the QA version of SimPe to confirm if the other character file additions are the NPCs, but I am sure they are.

All in all, so far the empty template for AL seems to work. I will be creating some sims for apartments next to see if the game generates more character files.

Thanks so much,

-Tam

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2008 September 04, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back up E002
Delete characters.

To test this thoroughly would it make a difference if I deleted the E001 neighbourhood located here.
C:\Documents and Settings\Aaliyah\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods

So that the neighbourhoods could be fresh.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2008 September 04, 20:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back up E002
Delete characters.

To test this thoroughly would it make a difference if I deleted the E001 neighbourhood located here.
C:\Documents and Settings\Aaliyah\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods

So that the neighbourhoods could be fresh.
Yes you can do that

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2008 September 04, 20:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this AL empty template just for custom hoods? I tried it on the new neighbourhood and it was still full of the families.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2008 September 04, 21:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might just hope for someone to come along and make a clean template for the base E001 as well.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2008 September 05, 05:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this AL empty template just for custom hoods? I tried it on the new neighbourhood and it was still full of the families.
Are you sure, mine works regardless. Delete the neighborhoods folder and try again.

I might just hope for someone to come along and make a clean template for the base E001 as well.
I'll work on that.

*Ella whine*
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2008 September 05, 05:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it another try. I did the usual steps involved with empty templates. Maybe I missed something.

Update : Yes same thing still. Placed the package file in the E001 folder in Program files, Deleted Character files and still a populated hood (deleted Neighbourhood folder in my documents to start fresh). After that failed again as a test I deleted the character files from the E001 folder in my documents and replacing the package there. Strange thing with that is the hood is still populated, but the character folder is empty. I even played with a family for a while and the character folder stayed empty. I'm assuming that's not good either.

I wish is knew what I was doing wrong since it's working for you.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 05, 06:01:55 by SimFeliz » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2008 September 05, 06:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

empty templates don't affect already created hoods, like Belladonna Cove (minus certain empty templates like Pets since BDC was created without Pets). To have an cleaned up Belladonna Cove, you need a cleaned up template for E001.

I rid my hoods of the social townies and bin families by backing up E002 and then deleting the neighborhood package file and all the characters. I then put in pre-AL copies of my hoods. The game can't add what it doesn't see.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: