More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:09:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807415 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #450 on: 2008 June 09, 22:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, glad you guys can make yourselves feel so wonderful by making fun of someone over teh intarwebz! How cool are all of you? Damn, I only wish I could be so awesome and superior..

Oh.... wait... no I don't. This is just a forum about a computer game. I almost forgot I have a life and don't WANT to spend 6341245 hours to create a million of my own townies, downtownies, and NPCs. Really people I think you may have forgotten that there are REAL people outside, perhaps you should all go get some socialization without a screen and a keyboard, it might do you all some good.

Thanks for being so helpful.  Roll Eyes

Piss off. We don't need your whiny brattiness here.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 June 09, 23:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, glad you guys can make yourselves feel so wonderful by making fun of someone over teh intarwebz! How cool are all of you? Damn, I only wish I could be so awesome and superior..

Oh.... wait... no I don't. This is just a forum about a computer game. I almost forgot I have a life and don't WANT to spend 6341245 hours to create a million of my own townies, downtownies, and NPCs. Really people I think you may have forgotten that there are REAL people outside, perhaps you should all go get some socialization without a screen and a keyboard, it might do you all some good.

Thanks for being so helpful.  Roll Eyes

Wait! Come back!

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 June 10, 02:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the lulz just keep getting better.

A quick recap from where I sit:

* gracie says "I know I'm not explaining myself very well, so you need to take the time to read this confusing post and work out what I really want".
* Since her post wasn't clear (as stated by her) I answer what I think her question might be.  I make a point of covering several aspects of the subject, since I'm not sure exactly what her question is.
* gracie then posts, and this time is able to explain exactly what her question is (with the clarity she couldn't find earlier).  And says that my post doesn't answer her question at all.  I thought it was lulzy that even though I'd explained that you don't need to uninstall/reinstall to regenerate EAxis neighbourhoods - and that I'd explained how to regenerate them - she still seems to think that's the way to go.  I think it rather nicely demonstrates the effort she put in to read my post.
* Naturally I go WTF?  Why on earth would you want the annoying pre-made townies, even with different names and faces, when it's their behaviour that's the worst thing about them?
* gracie then claims that even though she has the time to do the lengthy dance of the disks to uninstall & reinstall she doesn't have the time to get exactly the townies she wants by making a few groups of sims in CAS, plopping them on a lot, and then using Inge's cat statue to townify them.  This is because she has one of those life things, which apparently we don't.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 10, 03:05:32 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 June 10, 05:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see at least two more scores on the retar-doh card for that last post, possibly three.

Do you by any chance have assburgers, gracie? Just askin'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 2008 June 10, 05:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why? For the love of god....why? Why do we attract these moronic tards?

*Emma sobs into witch's shoulder like the emo kid she secretly is

Gracie. Just go and play somewhere else. Try the TSR forums or the BBS. They love arseholes like you, and if you piss them off you could always start a picture thread!!!!one!!1

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2008 June 10, 06:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch awkwardly patpats Emma's shoulder, like the emo kid she isn't Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: 2008 June 10, 06:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch awkwardly patpats Emma's shoulder, like the emo kid she isn't Tongue

Cheesy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 June 10, 15:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit, the 'tards iz makin Emma cry!

It just makes me sooo, mmmmmad!   Angry

* jolrei rolls his eyes insanely and jumps up and down in rage.

@ gracie:  your request is pointless.  Trans:  "I want to have all the same townies and NPCs but I want them to be totally different."  If this makes sense to you, you have no cause to criticise our lives.  Your real life is clearly rather speshul and should be kept locked in your head where it belongs.

If you do not use a clean template you get Maxis townies.  If you use new archetypes, they just look different.  If you change the names you get different looking townies with different names.  Hence what you get is different townies.  All you are keeping is the clothing, which is frankly stupid.  Use clean templates and just generate townies using one of several available methods.  That already would have you playing your game happily into fiery ball heaven, and would not have wasted your own and our time. 

Tribulatio proxima est
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 June 10, 18:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In gracie's defense, she *does* know what she wants. The Impossible. You all just didn't read her post right.

What she wants is to change all the faces and names of every Maxis-made playable and townie, but keep everything else the same. For some reason, she thinks either someone else has done all the work, or maybe the custom name mods will do it for her.

Nuh-uh.

The only way to get what you want, gracie, is to edit all the townies and playables by hand in SimPE. And I doubt anyone else wanted to "save the story lines", so you'll just have to do it yourself.

You might want to ask yourself "is it worth it?" Because honestly, how many of those story lines are really that great? And how many of the townies do you need to preserve, to keep those story lines intact?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 June 10, 18:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One could do all that face and name changing with TJ's SimBlender but I think jolrei hit the nail on the head. By the time you've finished, the old townies would cease to be old townies and would be instead new townies. So why waste all the time and effort of changing all the old ones into new ones when you can start with the new ones and get back to your extremely important life?

Try the TSR forums or the BBS. They love arseholes like you, and if you piss them off you could always start a picture thread!!!!one!!1

Don't forget to mention how rude and nasty everyone who tried to help you was! I'm sure they'll throw you the pity party you've always wanted.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2008 June 11, 03:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Gracie, how long have you had this secret desire to be repeatedly immolated?

Honestly though, let me see if I have your request right.

"I want all the retarded townies that everybody else wants to get rid of, but I want them all to have new names and faces which would require several grueling hours of painstaking surgery with SimPE, but I think someone else should do it instead of me because I have a life and they don't!"

Is that a fair assessment of your request?   Because if it is, then they have been exceedingly nice in their responses since you deserved a lot more scathing retorts than you have gotten so far.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2008 June 11, 03:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I interpreted her request as possibly asking to replace the townies, but maintain her CAS families' relationships with townies... although she said that she wasn't that invested in the families. 

Gracie, your way doesn't work, and if you don't mind restarting, (which you indicated in your initial post), then that's possibly the simplest way.  You can also get the game to automatically generate a batch of townies with your default replacements (faces and names) if you want by clicking (or shift clicking, I don't remember) on the mailbox in debug mode.  If you don't want to waste hours in CAS, you can do it that way. 

But otherwise, stop being a whiny twit and leave.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 June 11, 07:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want to waste hours in CAS, you can do it that way. 

But that's the thing that gets me about this.  It doesn't take hours in CAS.  I make all my own townies, using Hook's randomiser to randomise their features (such as makeup, facial hair, glasses, hats, jewelry), their star signs, their turn-ons & turn-offs, their genetics, etc, and maybe I have it down to a fine art now, but it doesn't take me hours.

Gracie apparently doesn't have the time to make groups of sims in CAS, put them on a vacant lot and then use Inge's cat statue to townify them.  Add a few minutes in SimPE to adjust surnames (yes, you can safely change surnames in SimPE, it's first names you shouldn't change there) and you're done.  It's a heck of a lot quicker than the dance of the disks to reinstall the game - which it seems gracie does have time for. 

And you get exactly the names, appearance & clothing you want for your townies.  You can even give them hair from the custom bin if you want (although it's best to create them with a normal hair colour and then change it in-game to something from the custom bin before you townify them), which won't happen if you spawn them with the mailbox or townie gun.

There's only a couple of townies/NPCs that already have relationships with the playables, and they are included in the clean templates.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 11, 07:49:21 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 June 11, 08:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(yes, you can safely change surnames in SimPE, it's first names you shouldn't change there)

Never heard about that before, care to elaborate a little please? Is it a VBT? I have used SimPE to change surnames in the past, I'm pretty sure I never did for first names, but I'd like to know for future reference.

Dive in!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 June 11, 09:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you change a sim's first name in SimPE, it doesn't change it everywhere.  The sim's first name is also stored somewhere in their character file.  Last time I used SimPE to change first names was when I was playing with Marhis' gender reversed PV, and when sims errored the error messages were coming up with their original name not their new name.

Since then, I've learned that Pescado advises against it (see this thread for an example), which is good enough for me.  I trust his advice on how to keep a neighbourhood healthy, just as I've trusted his bug fixes for years now.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: 2008 June 11, 12:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made an empty Desiderata Valley (F001). Instructions for installing are included in the zip.

Download Here.

Also, I have uploaded all the empty templates available in this thread to this folder:

Empty Hoods.

I haven't got the cleaned templates though, just the empty ones. Let me know if I have missed any of them.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2008 June 12, 04:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Searched this thread for "greek" and "frat" but found nothing, so poke me if you must for my question. I recently installed the clean templates from this thread and started a new Pleasantview, with attached clean Sim State University & Downtown (so far). My townie & maxis playable-free Sim State has the 2 Maxis greek houses, but of course as there are no members my sims can't get an invite or move into the existing houses. Is there a way to get into those lots so that I can assign some of my dormie population to those houses, or should I just bulldoze those lots and plan to start fresh with self-made greek houses?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2008 June 12, 04:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you able to enter the lots in build mode? If you can, try "changelotzoning residential" (no quotes) in the cheat box.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2008 June 12, 04:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give it a try. So I change the zoning to residential, use a money cheat or mortgage shrubs to move one person in, then do I change to zoning back so it functions as a greek house? I've never messed with zoning, so really have no clue here.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: 2008 June 12, 06:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I usually do is make a YA, move onto a residential lot, spawn dormies and all that, then motherlode or whatever, move them into the 'greek house', and get them to apply for a charter. I then reduce funds to about §100 and save. Once I have one of my playables in the greek society and moved them in, I turn the placeholder into a dormie. I think it is still part of the Greek Society as it turns up when other playables want to join, but that doesn't bother me too much.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2008 June 12, 06:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, but if I use the changelotzoning to residential on the existing "greek" houses in Sim State, will that remove the charters already in existence, or at least give me the ability to remove them upon entry? Right now they're listed as already greek, so no new sim can move in without an invite, no matter how much cash they have. Also, I have the buyable Townie & NPC creator, if I spawn adult townies in a Uni hood, would they be considered for the dormie pool? I don't seem to have the ability to choose Young Adult as a spawning age. Clearly I'm new to the whole "add your own townies" game. Thanks for your help!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #471 on: 2008 June 12, 06:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO, I'd bulldoze the Greek House(s) and place a nice fresh lot there. But, I would say that...I only use the Maxis stuff if it has been modified to be playable Cheesy

[edit] Sorry, yeah, you have to have a sim on a residential lot in the uni hood (not in a dorm). Then you spawn 'townies' using the NPC gun and they are dormies.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2008 June 12, 07:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPC gun? Sounds like I gotta get me one of those!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #473 on: 2008 June 12, 08:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL you already have it! Just shift>click on the sim in debug mode and select 'spawn>NPC and Townie Maker'. The repoman's gun will then fall at your sim's feet. Click on it and you will see an option that says 'spawn>townies' or something like that. Alternatively, you can shift>click on the mailbox for the same option.

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2008 June 12, 08:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I never mess around with debug mode, too scared of blowing up my game :-P
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: