More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:14:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 807384 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #300 on: 2007 September 22, 20:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Inge's teleporter with no problem thus far.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2007 September 28, 17:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There doesn't seem to be anything to download in the link for the Clean and Fixed Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville.  Is there anywhere else available to download them, or would they need to be reuploaded?
Sysa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2007 September 28, 23:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There doesn't seem to be anything to download in the link for the Clean and Fixed Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville.  Is there anywhere else available to download them, or would they need to be reuploaded?
Link on page 10.
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2007 September 29, 04:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link on page 10.
Only links I found on page 10 were for BV and Seasons neighborhoods, I'm looking for the originals.
eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2007 September 29, 11:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link on page 10.
Only links I found on page 10 were for BV and Seasons neighborhoods, I'm looking for the originals.

At the bottom of the page there is a mediafire link by sysa, check again
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2007 September 29, 14:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh... found it this time, thanks. Smiley
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2007 October 08, 15:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried Argon's update.... everyone is ugly, no indication of my pretty face replacements at all. I must have done something wrong... will try again.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2007 October 08, 20:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing tourists add to the game is spreading the greetings and dances to other places.  Or am I missing something about tourists? 

No, that would be what tourists are bad for, and why you would install the antivacationactions hack.  What tourists are good for is MOAR FIGHT!  I have the standard EAxoid tourists in my vacation spots (which I don't mind since I refuse to let my sims make friends with most of them).  For the most part, they appear to hate each other and fight constantly.  This is akin to cabaret.  Hours of entertainment for my playables.

Tribulatio proxima est
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2007 October 08, 21:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried Argon's update.... everyone is ugly, no indication of my pretty face replacements at all. I must have done something wrong... will try again.

You have to have the face templates in Downloads BEFORE you create your hood or it will use the templates that came with the game to create your townies.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: 2007 October 09, 15:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is SaraMK's empty downtown template. For installation instructions see the first page in this thread.

* D001.zip (171.42 KB - downloaded 515 times.)

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: More Awesome BV templates
« Reply #310 on: 2007 October 09, 20:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely no pre-made characters and no orphaned clothing collections.

Is there a how-to somewhere to correct orphaned clothing collections?  This thread is just so busy and it's got me all flummoxed. Tongue

The only playable sims in the BV templates are the Travelers in the family bin (V001 only), the rest are all tourists and locals (which look like they were hacked to make them that way, their memories show up as gossip while newly generated ones are fine).

These gossip memories, are these the kind that can be deleted by using the Lot Debugger?

When you say that 'their memories show up as gossip' I interpret this to mean that the memories that they have show up as the 'gossip' kind, and all other 'regular' memories must have been deleted?  So, EAxis made a half-assed attempt to clean them up?

I personally don't like broken Sims in my game Grin Almost all of them are missing thumbnails and have "gossip" attached to their memory tokens (which gets merged into the base neighborhood).

Is there a way to fix the missing thumbnails issue?  Have the game regenerate them?

Whew.  This thread has gotten unweildly.  13 pages in and it's a tad confusing to find all the uploads in different posts.  We need an index. lol. Cheesy

Ste

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: 2007 October 11, 15:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a how-to somewhere to correct orphaned clothing collections?  This thread is just so busy and it's got me all flummoxed. Tongue
I don't know if there is a tutorial for this, but essentially what you have to do is find the BINX and 3IDR files attached to a collection with the same instance of any empty Family Information that's been left behind. Since I prefer to blow away all the families and start from scratch, I don't have to do any digging Grin

These gossip memories, are these the kind that can be deleted by using the Lot Debugger?

When you say that 'their memories show up as gossip' I interpret this to mean that the memories that they have show up as the 'gossip' kind, and all other 'regular' memories must have been deleted?  So, EAxis made a half-assed attempt to clean them up?

Yeah EAxis made a half-assed attempt at adding them in the game, SimPE shows the token as gossip for the premade characters, any new vacation sims created by the game are normal. I have no idea if the FFS Debugger cleans them out or not, but the tokens are not supposed to be gossip.

Is there a way to fix the missing thumbnails issue?  Have the game regenerate them?

I'm assuming their thumbnails were deleted so they could hack their everyday clothing and not have incorrect portraits, though I have no idea why they did it because from what I've seen none of them were generated as locals by the game. The game should regenerate them, but again it's my personal preference not to have anything in my game that's broken to begin with.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: 2007 October 11, 20:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there is a tutorial for this, but essentially what you have to do is find the BINX and 3IDR files attached to a collection with the same instance of any empty Family Information that's been left behind. Since I prefer to blow away all the families and start from scratch, I don't have to do any digging Grin

How does one identify an 'empty Family Information' instance?  I guess, click on the Family Info?  But what consitutes as 'empty'?  I dont recall if I've even looked at Family Info in SimPE.  Will there be a Family Info resource for each sim character file?

And do you just delete the BINX and 3IDR file?

Yeah EAxis made a half-assed attempt at adding them in the game, SimPE shows the token as gossip for the premade characters, any new vacation sims created by the game are normal. I have no idea if the FFS Debugger cleans them out or not, but the tokens are not supposed to be gossip.

Do you mean to say that they're supposed to be legitimate memories... but somehow they all got turned into gossip about those memories?

Either way, is it 'safe' to just delete them all (either in SimPE... or hopefully via the Lot Debugger... assuming it can do this)?

The game should regenerate them, but again it's my personal preference not to have anything in my game that's broken to begin with.

So... you wouldn't actually have to do anything really.  The game should just regenerate the thumbnails on it's own?

Finally, your avatar makes me wanna ask, since I recently, finally managed to watch the series finale:

What did you think about the way QAF ended?

Highlight spoilery stuff below for my reaction to the Final Season of QAF:

Personally, I thought it was decent.  I do like how they brought them back together.  I do like how they tied the loose strings up when it came to Debbie's, Michael and Ben's, and Ted and Blake's relationships (Ted coming full circle).  I also like that Emmett ended his relationship with Drew.  I also like that they brought back Hunter (even though I hated his character, it was nice that they worked out the family thing).  I'm glad that Lindsey and Mel got back together and that they decided to move away, even though that was kinda sad.  I also love that Brian grew up, and how he and Justin got back together again, and then had to go their separate ways again.  I thought it was really fitting.  Sure, things were a tad too neatly tied up, and the final season sorta fast forwarded through a lot of character and plot development, but it was still pretty enjoyable.  It was a pretty satisfying series finale.

Ste

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2007 October 12, 10:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one identify an 'empty Family Information' instance?  I guess, click on the Family Info?  But what consitutes as 'empty'?  I dont recall if I've even looked at Family Info in SimPE.  Will there be a Family Info resource for each sim character file?

And do you just delete the BINX and 3IDR file?

For each household in game, there is a Family Information (FAMI) resource, along with a Collection (COLL) resource with the same instance number. And for each piece of clothing in a family's wardrobe, there is a 3IDR (and BINX) that links the clothing's Property Set to the Family's Collection.

When you open a FAMI in SimPe, it just lists the names of sims belonging to that household. To see what clothing items are associated with that household, you'll have to inspect all the relevant 3IDR resources, and search the ones that have a link to that household's instance.

Perhaps the logic is hard to get, so I've put a small tutorial with pics here: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-ngbh-wardrobe.html

However, if you want to clear an entire neighborhood, and not just a particular household, you're free to delete the 3IDR and BINX resources with instances greater than 0x00007FFF.
mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2007 October 25, 07:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greetings and hi! I'm a non-awesome newb. After reading all of this (and many other posts here, much to my confusion) I think I finally have a plan of attack. What I'm going for is a Cleaned Up game. Not completely empty. Let me see if I got this right:

Installed game (I have all expansions/packs/patches) Sims thru BV.
Moved/backedup old stuff.
Empty EA Folder In My Documents.
Downloaded MATY hacks I will need (the whole pack actually)
Downloaded CAS/Face template replacements (to prevent EAxis fugliness)
Downloaded (this is optional) Custom Defaults for skintones/eyes (more fugliness prevention)
Downloaded cleaned/empty templates for Pleasantview, Veronaville, Strangetown, Downtown, Seasons (Riverblossom + Stealth), and BV (I will have to do Uni, Blue Water myself as the links are gone unless someone has them or I missed them)

backup all hoods

Need to: The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
Rename N001 to N001-bak to disable it.

clean out uni/bluewater hoods per instructions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

install all downloaded hoods (overwriting maxis ones)

Run game.

Game should:
-contain only maxis families/npcs/townies as left in the cleaned hoods (the ones I wanted to keep like Pleasant, Strange, Capulet, Kat, Travellers plus known friends/npcs )
-generate the 48 necessary tourists w/ replacement looks
-generate only 1 townie w/ replacement looks
-generate necessary npcs (and then after as necessary on a 1 per basis)

Be free of BFBVFS!

Ready to test and import more hacks/cc.

Did I get it?

mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2007 October 25, 07:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please delete this reply if necessary but edits to my post don't show up... so....

game will also add the 1 local / vacation hood

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: 2007 October 25, 08:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the B001, U001, U002 and U003 hoods.

Download here

mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2007 October 25, 08:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks!
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2007 October 27, 15:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the files that Sysa provided on page ten the cleaned and fixed base hoods? Or are they just cleaned?

If we install the cleaned up Pleasantview, do we still need to have N001 named N001-bak? As I understand it, naming it N001-bak will disable its ability to dump Sandy Bruty, et al, in every new hood but will not disable its ability to generate Pleasantview into an empty My Documents\...\Neighborhoods folder. Is that right or do I have to go back and read all fourteen pages again?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

mageborn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2007 October 28, 00:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they are the cleaned and fixed. (At least the ones I have) You need to follow the instructions at page 1 of the thread for how to copy them over your orginal N001-3 files (after you back up the old ones or rename em with N001bak or something)
snowgray
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2007 November 19, 04:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems as though the links to the empty templates at the beginning of the thread no longer work.  I got the Downtown and Uni ones from Emma's post a few pages back, and the extra-empty Argon one, but there doesn't seem to be an empty Seasons template.  Does anyone have it?  Thank you.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 2007 November 19, 04:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it, but can't find it atm. Will post later Smiley

[edit] Found it. Empty G001.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 19, 04:28:01 by Emma » Logged

snowgray
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2007 November 19, 04:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: What about G002?  If I understand correctly, those are the random sims that will get dumped into every neighborhood, right?  That's what I'm trying to avoid...  Thank you again.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 19, 05:00:11 by snowgray » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: 2007 November 19, 08:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have it-but it is the one at MTS2 by Jordi. I don't really like to re-distribute if it is still readily available. Just go over there and do a search for his name.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2007 November 19, 11:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Emma starts wildly distributing all of Jordi's stuff

I would have Jordi, if it was no longer available. Didn't feel right really 'cos you can get it easily at MTS2.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: