More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:54:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 805830 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: More Awesome BV templates
« Reply #250 on: 2007 September 17, 03:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

argon_BV-ocd.rar

Absolutely no pre-made characters and no orphaned clothing collections. Family Ties and Neighborhood Memory have both been replaced with copies from a raw (no templates in the game files) clean neighborhood. That will stop any garbage from being copied over when the two neighborhoods are merged. The V001 folder is a complete replacement (since it has no lots) so just move the original, all others require the character files to be deleted.  Grin

I've got all the other neighborhoods for University-Seasons done the same way (Downtown is a little different, I kept the ghosts because they have tombstones on the lots), and a raw neighborhood with the NPC Sim descriptions corrected if anyone's interested.

(I don't have Pleasantview/Strangetown/Veronaville templates, if any base neighborhoods with lots are in the game files then extra bloat is added to fresh custom neighborhoods, which is what my templates were made specifically to avoid)

* argon_BV-ocd.rar (618.28 KB - downloaded 14856 times.)

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2007 September 17, 03:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

argon_BV-ocd.rar

Absolutely no pre-made characters and no orphaned clothing collections. Family Ties and Neighborhood Memory have both been replaced with copies from a raw (no templates in the game files) clean neighborhood. That will stop any garbage from being copied over when the two neighborhoods are merged. The V001 folder is a complete replacement (since it has no lots) so just move the original, all others require the character files to be deleted.  Grin

Okay, getting a bit bewildered by all the versions and new character types and what they do here, so please bear with me, and thanks in advance: if I install this with just JMP's antiredundancy and notownieregen, they'll be free of any premade characters and the game will create...what?  New NPC's, tourists, locals, all of the above, none of the above, or...?  And will they or will they not be generated using replacement face templates, if installed?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #252 on: 2007 September 17, 03:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and 1 Local for each vacation type will be the only ones to get generated, but that's just because Pescado's mod unlinked the call for making new tourists and limited the number for Locals. Yes they will be generated with the face templates Grin

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: 2007 September 17, 03:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and 1 Local for each vacation type will be the only ones to get generated, but that's just because Pescado's mod unlinked the call for making new tourists and limited the number for Locals. Yes they will be generated with the face templates Grin

Okay, thanks!

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 September 17, 04:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend you use Argon's templates for BV if you want clean, clean, clean. He is definately more awesome than me. If he puts it on MTS2, it'll be better than mine, and mine will be removed.

I do wonder if the ones I did with the maxis playable only was done correctly. Hopefully someone more awesome than me can check it (because I'm definately not as awesome).
I would like to see one with the playable sims, and their relevant memories. Not 100% if I did it at all properly.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 17, 04:11:41 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2007 September 17, 05:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't post anything on MTS2 anymore :-P

The only playable sims in the BV templates are the Travelers in the family bin (V001 only), the rest are all tourists and locals (which look like they were hacked to make them that way, their memories show up as gossip while newly generated ones are fine).

Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 September 17, 08:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for Argon
It's early morning so i'm not fully functioning yet, so bear with me if this is a dumb questiion Smiley

Am I to understand that if I use your empty BV templates and notownieregen (which is always in my game anyway) there will be no vacation tourists generated at all?   
If so, I am thinking the vacation areas will look exceedling empty with just our playables present.  I don't want all of the tourists just a few to be realistic.  Will I need to create tourists myself?

SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 September 17, 11:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

argon_BV-ocd.rar

I've got all the other neighborhoods for University-Seasons done the same way (Downtown is a little different, I kept the ghosts because they have tombstones on the lots), and a raw neighborhood with the NPC Sim descriptions corrected if anyone's interested.

(I don't have Pleasantview/Strangetown/Veronaville templates, if any base neighborhoods with lots are in the game files then extra bloat is added to fresh custom neighborhoods, which is what my templates were made specifically to avoid)

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question. I tried this and it still forces on me the 40 odd vacationer's (not locals, I can live with the locals) Is this mean to be an empty replacement?
Sysa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 September 17, 12:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question. I tried this and it still forces on me the 40 odd vacationer's (not locals, I can live with the locals) Is this mean to be an empty replacement?

You're supposed to have antiredundancy as well, because that's what stops the game from regenerating the vacationers.
Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 September 17, 13:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question. I tried this and it still forces on me the 40 odd vacationer’s (not locals, I can live with the locals) Is this mean to be an empty replacement?

You're supposed to have antiredundancy as well, because that's what stops the game from regenerating the vacationers.

Now I am really confused - I was under the impression antiredundancy was to stop the Tour Guide and Charlatan spam and locals, and notownieregen is for the tourist/vacationers.

maybe we need step by step instructions as we have for the other templates at the begining of this thread.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2007 September 17, 18:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Anilyn
Empty templates are for either creating your own townies (NPC Creator debug object) or letting the game create a full set from scratch. They won't be empty if you fill them with your own.

@SimFeliz
This doesn't affect the number of townies generated, use notownieregen for that.

Anilyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 September 17, 18:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know - I was having a senior moment - I have been using Sara's empty templates since March.
I really should wake up before I try to think  Roll Eyes
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2007 September 17, 19:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe we need step by step instructions as we have for the other templates at the begining of this thread.

I second the motion...this thread has become rather confusing.

Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 September 17, 20:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thirded!

I have Argon's empty templates installed and NPC/Townie creator fix and now have all three vacation sub-hoods with no locals or tourists. My problem is creating new ones. I made a few of my own in CAS, spawned the NPC and Townie creator (on the lot with the sims I wanted to make into vacation sims), selected Make Into Vacation Sim -> Mountain -> (sim name). I got a message "(sim name) added to family Mountain" and I saw that this generated another character file... but the original sim is still playable on the lot.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Is the new character file a clone of the one I made in CAS? I guess I was expecting it to work something more along the lines of the teleporter painting/shrub. Any chance that will be updated for BV?
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 September 17, 20:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry. I thought antiredundancy was the one that stopped the tourists. I have notownieregen too, but maybe I have an old version will update. Thank you. next time I will research properly before posting.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2007 September 18, 00:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah crud I think they changed that feature of the npc creator since the last time I played with it, apparently you can't change sims from CAS into townies anymore... I think removing them from a family with SimPE might work.

EDIT: Inge's teleporter (the pet statue) does work, make them a townie then use the make into vacation sim
« Last Edit: 2007 September 18, 00:56:05 by Argon » Logged

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: 2007 September 18, 00:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah crud I think they changed that feature of the npc creator since the last time I played with it, apparently you can't change sims from CAS into townies anymore... I think removing them from a family with SimPE might work.

I wonder if Inge's teleporter or the InSIMenator will still allow for CAS-to-townie conversion...

louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 September 18, 03:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

question for The Awesome Argon:

I don't understand. I just checked out Inge's teleporter (pet statue) and it says it's updated for pets and seasons. How then, will it manage to turn a sim I made in CAS to a Vacation Sim (since there's no indication it was updated for BV)?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2007 September 18, 05:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked out Inge's teleporter (pet statue) and it says it's updated for pets and seasons. How then, will it manage to turn a sim I made in CAS to a Vacation Sim (since there's no indication it was updated for BV)?

Correct, it has not been updated for BV. The idea is to make them a townie before you make them into vacation sims so their names will show up using this.

louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 September 18, 05:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much Argon! Thank you! I love you! Cheesy
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2007 September 18, 10:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found out I made bad backups of the vacation hoods. Stupid me. At least I can backup my downloads folder.
Shows how much I'm not awesome.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: 2007 September 18, 17:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to extract them from compressed.zip on the BV cd(s) so you won't have to uninstall the game. I don't know for sure which disc it's on though.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 September 18, 19:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread has rambled all over the place and I'm no longer sure what's available for BV and what's not. Tongue  Is there a version of the BV hidden hood (I guess it's V001) that adds the other characters (I don't mind the locals or whatver that come with it), but keep the Traveler family from showing up in the sim bin in every hood on the machine?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 September 19, 05:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

messages #257 & #258
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2007 September 19, 13:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

messages #257 & #258

Thanks, but those clean everything.  I'm looking for one that just gets rid of the Traveller family while keeping everything else. 

Of course, baring that I'll just turn them into townies in the hoods I don't want to play them in. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: