More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 04:50:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 805840 times)
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #675 on: 2010 January 26, 22:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had duplicates of downloaded items, not families, until I installed my game directly into the C:\ drive, not C:\Program(x86).  But I have no idea why you are getting no lots and duplicate families.  Have you tried cleaning out the Virtual folder?

Perhaps this fix can help you, there was another user with the same error on Direct X, but with Windows 7,  and they had to download this to fix it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 01:47:04 by Cynarra » Logged

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2010 May 24, 22:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Raising the dead to ask if anyone has successfully replaced the templates in Windows 7 x64. I never had a problem with XP, but the templates don't seem to be taking similar to Rome_Raven and Cynarra's problem. Currently trying to circumvent the Virtual Drive issue by installing to the C:\, but that is a whole mess on its own.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2010 May 25, 08:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a barbarian would install the game in Progra~1 anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2010 May 25, 17:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only a barbarian would install the game in Progra~1 anyway.
Tried to install to a customer directory, but the automatic updater that runs at the end of each EP install kept crashing and uninstalling the whole EP. Tech support says it is a known issue in W7, but they do not provide support for TS2 on this operating system.

HOWEVER, voodoo debugging seems to be the cure. Reinstalled game to default directory, installed the same templates to the same location as the previous effort, and it's working now. This is a definitive answer, but, based on my learnings from reading the Microsoft boards, the Virtual Store frequently has such glitches. Clearing the TS2 entries from the Virtual Store and reinstalling the template might work for people still having problems modifying files in ProgramFilesx86.
Simmistress
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2010 June 01, 15:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very, very new to creating clean neighborhoods--but I have resolved to try to navigate this process.  I have all EPs installed, and several stuff packs.  My question is do I need to dl all of the empty templates for each and every ep I have installed?  What if I am using a custom hood?  Then, which ones do I need to install?  I've read through most of the thread, but I don't see where this question is asked/answered explicitly.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2010 June 01, 19:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very, very new to creating clean neighborhoods--but I have resolved to try to navigate this process.  I have all EPs installed, and several stuff packs.  My question is do I need to dl all of the empty templates for each and every ep I have installed?  What if I am using a custom hood?  Then, which ones do I need to install?  I've read through most of the thread, but I don't see where this question is asked/answered explicitly.

You should get everything for all the EPs. If you want clean pre-made hoods, you get the clean templates. If you want a completely empty custom neighbourhood, you get the empty templates.
syrenslure
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2010 July 15, 09:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to request a new upload of an empty F001 / Desiderata Valley. I  have been back and forth through this topic and over google, but that is one I can't find anywhere, and Emma's 4-shared links are no longer active.

Thx.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2010 July 15, 22:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the link in Tarlia's megahood thread. She has clean hoods linked there as well. I haven't actually played them, but I am playing her megahood problem free so far!
syrenslure
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2010 July 16, 05:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. I did go and check it out, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I did dl it, though in case I can't find an alternative, though I do worry about the fact that she has these set to be extension neighborhoods rather than the original base neighborhoods. I really am seeking an empty template that has no townies or maxis playables attached.
tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2010 July 16, 12:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe that Tarlia's are clean, but not empty.

* EP7-FT-Empty-F001.7z (127.53 KB - downloaded 897 times.)

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2010 July 16, 19:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link. I did go and check it out, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I did dl it, though in case I can't find an alternative, though I do worry about the fact that she has these set to be extension neighborhoods rather than the original base neighborhoods.

They're not. The separate neighbourhoods are just that - separate, base neighbourhoods. I've only cleaned them. They're subhoods only in the actual, merged uberhood.

I really am seeking an empty template that has no townies or maxis playables attached.

But yeah, it does have Maxis playables. I'm not sure such a thing as what you're requesting actually exists. I'm a little curious about why you'd want it, too - the terrain itself is freely available in the game, and if for some reason you want the horrible houses in Desiderata Valley (though I really cannot imagine why), you could move out the playables, dump everything in the lot bin, and place the houses into a new, empty neighbourhood, using the DV terrain.
syrenslure
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2010 July 17, 08:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But yeah, it does have Maxis playables. I'm not sure such a thing as what you're requesting actually exists. I'm a little curious about why you'd want it, too - the terrain itself is freely available in the game, and if for some reason you want the horrible houses in Desiderata Valley (though I really cannot imagine why), you could move out the playables, dump everything in the lot bin, and place the houses into a new, empty neighbourhood, using the DV terrain.

Thank you for your response; that may answer my questions. Basically, I am playing legacy type games, and I have all other empty templates for my neighborhoods so that no maxis families or townies are generated, and I can have all custom created characters, as well as a smaller footprint. I apologize if I have misunderstood the premise. I do appreciate the work you have done on this. there was an earlier link to an empty template (posted by Emma), it is just that the link is no longer valid, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy still available.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2010 July 17, 11:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be the one you're looking for:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f8pdugs09wavnzc
syrenslure
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2010 July 18, 06:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be the one you're looking for:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f8pdugs09wavnzc

Thank you very much. This is the one I wanted.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2010 July 19, 14:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crap, this is what I get for reinstalling before reading up.

Stitches, how did you get the templates to work?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2010 October 28, 21:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to everyone who contributed to creating the possibility of empty 'hoods. Re-installing the game with clean templates is the only way to go for me now. I was so sick of all of those ugly and annoying Maxis people after so many years of playing Sims 2!

I am glad there are still those around who, like me are still playing and enjoying Sims 2, rather than Sims 3.
Ebola-Cola
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2013 April 14, 05:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's dead, Jim, but the links are as dead as the thread - does anyone, perchance, have the cleaned-up Pleasantview that is linked in the first post?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2013 April 14, 21:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this newer thread which contains all of the up-to-date links:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13382.0.html

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Misshachi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2013 May 02, 07:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this newer thread which contains all of the up-to-date links:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13382.0.html

Some of the links on this page are dead. Shocked Do you happen to have the rest? There is the N001 but nothing for N002 and N003 for instance. There's a few others that no longer have links as well. If you have them or the link to the tutorial on how to make them (that link is also dead Cry) that would be most helpful. Cheesy
Taedium Vitae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2013 May 02, 10:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the links on this page are dead. Shocked Do you happen to have the rest? There is the N001 but nothing for N002 and N003 for instance. There's a few others that no longer have links as well. If you have them or the link to the tutorial on how to make them (that link is also dead Cry) that would be most helpful. Cheesy
Gethane's link for empty templates, including N002 & N003, still works.

Un roi sans divertissement est un homme plein de misères.
tryclyn
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2013 May 04, 12:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are welcome to take what you need.
Templates

Then cat rang his own bell.  I ate food.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: