More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 05:34:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]  (Read 805844 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Empty and Cleaned-up Templates. [UPDATED]
« Reply #375 on: 2008 March 02, 23:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Potential problem with the empty templates...

While the game will generate a NPC to be the 'hobby' head, and the lots are in the game, the game makes a NPC a member of that club.

In riverblossom where I did some testing (since Rose is most likely always going to be nature enthusastic), I put her into the lot, where the head, and two NPCs showed up. A pizza delivery man, and an exterminator.

If I knew how to, I'd make a 'reverse' stealth hood, which only removes the playable families so I wouldn't need to go with the DELETED path, since if they were burninated to begin with, it wouldn't change the game.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2008 March 03, 06:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While the game will generate a NPC to be the 'hobby' head, and the lots are in the game, the game makes a NPC a member of that club.

In riverblossom where I did some testing (since Rose is most likely always going to be nature enthusastic), I put her into the lot, where the head, and two NPCs showed up. A pizza delivery man, and an exterminator.

If I knew how to, I'd make a 'reverse' stealth hood, which only removes the playable families so I wouldn't need to go with the DELETED path, since if they were burninated to begin with, it wouldn't change the game.

Hmm, so NPCs will become hobby club members? Will that harm the game, though? I mean, unless bus drivers and such start showing up... It would be nice to just get rid of the playables, though. 36 characters aren't that much, compared to other stealth hoods that have like 150 or something insane.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2008 March 03, 10:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I haven't gotten any bus drivers or NPCs you can't interact with. Thus why it's still testing.
yashila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2008 March 03, 18:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I spawn (boolprop) townies BEFORE I go to any hobby lot - will they be used ?
Thanks for the template. Smiley

I am zeh chihuahua of no-mercy. Beware or I will bite you in the back.
"OH MY HUMPING DOG!"
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2008 March 03, 18:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Comparing to other empty templates I have, I see they still have a Thumbnails file, but it's only 1k... What's this file for, and will just deleting the original without replacing it be bad?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2008 March 04, 02:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I spawn (boolprop) townies BEFORE I go to any hobby lot - will they be used ?
Thanks for the template. Smiley

I'm using no townie regen, nopetregen, antiredundancy. And using riverblossom for my 'test' hood. On a clean install, using my template, it still only used the NPCs, and no townies.

As I said, testing is needed, and I don't have time right now to test it all.
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2008 March 04, 05:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me, does this empty template actually work? Since IAmTheRad has no time to test it? I want to play on my custom hood so bad!
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2008 March 04, 06:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me, does this empty template actually work? Since IAmTheRad has no time to test it? I want to play on my custom hood so bad!

I'll try it out a bit tonight. I really want to get back to my main hoods too, but I won't load them as long as the Stealth sims are in place. I don't mind the townies as much since there's not that many (but still) but I really don't want the sim bin families.
yashila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2008 March 04, 07:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naaah I don't want any ugly Maxis Sims lol.

Well the template works for me so far so good. Only Mr. Humble (orwhatshisname) is popping round to bring the PC - but that's okay.
No problems at all so far with the template.  Cheesy

"OH MY HUMPING DOG!"
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2008 March 04, 18:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you want to create your own iconic hobby Sims (the "head" of each secret lot), the NPC/Townie gun includes this function and it at least appears to be working correctly. You can use CAS to make them and then attach them for each hobby the same way you would BV locals or the gun has an option to generate them on the spot. I made all of mine into townies first with Inge's teleporter before I added them to their respective hobbies but I don't know if that's still required. So far they have made all the appropriate phone calls, visits, and appearances at their hobby lots.

Edited because I left a couple of words out. Dur.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 04, 21:28:29 by gynarchy » Logged

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2008 March 04, 19:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow that's really cool! how many "hobby heads" do i create then, gynarchy?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2008 March 04, 19:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

10 total, one for each hobby - science, nature, music & dance, tinkering, film & literature, cuisine, games, art & crafts, sports, and fitness.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2008 March 04, 19:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Im so excited, I cant wait to try it out!!! Grin by the way, have you tried out IAmTheRad's FT empty template, gynarchy? does it work for you? are those annoying simbin families still there? so far a few have reported that it works with no problems but IAmTheRad did mention that someone could make a "cleaner & emptier" template than his...
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2008 March 04, 19:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using an empty template that I made, but I looked at his to make sure I cleaned mine out the right way and they are the same. I haven't had any unwanted Sims appear and no errors are cropping up so at least for me it's safe. The SimBin families are gone and all of the secret hobby lots at least exist, although I haven't spent much time on them - I only popped into to a couple to make sure they would load. Perhaps Argon would be willing to lend his services again to make a super duper cleaned out template.

yashila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2008 March 04, 20:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just did a "complete" test with a new neighborhood and everything is a-okay.  Grin I spawned with boolprop 30 townies and then they were used as the sims on the hobby lots - no unusual NPCs like postman or anything. No crashes, no bugs, no glitches.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 March 04, 20:56:01 by yashila » Logged

"OH MY HUMPING DOG!"
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2008 March 04, 21:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just did a "complete" test with a new neighborhood and everything is a-okay.  Grin I spawned with boolprop 30 townies and then they were used as the sims on the hobby lots - no unusual NPCs like postman or anything. No crashes, no bugs, no glitches.  Cheesy

Excellent. Cheesy
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: 2008 March 05, 04:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt this is a problem with the empty templates. I noticed the very same thing even without them. Several NPCs showed up as club members, such as the burglar, some custom dormies, some professors and even the cook from Downtown. I have very few townies in my game - maybe five "real" townies and about eight dormies? The rest are all playables, maybe that's why the game even allows NPCs to wander around the club lots? *wonders*
yashila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2008 March 05, 09:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt this is a problem with the empty templates. I noticed the very same thing even without them. Several NPCs showed up as club members, such as the burglar, some custom dormies, some professors and even the cook from Downtown. I have very few townies in my game - maybe five "real" townies and about eight dormies? The rest are all playables, maybe that's why the game even allows NPCs to wander around the club lots? *wonders*
Well yeah, the game basically takes any NPCs it can get and turns them into "hobby-sims"...so my advise would be - if you start off with a complete new neighborhood NPC free spawn with boolprop townies (30 will be generated per batch) and the game will select these - that is if you spawn them BEFORE you enter the hobbylot. It's what I did and as I said - no maid, no gardener, no postman, no nanny...only the spawned ones. If you don't spawn any townies - well logically the game will use those rather "unusual" NPCs.

"OH MY HUMPING DOG!"
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: 2008 March 05, 11:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah, the game basically takes any NPCs it can get and turns them into "hobby-sims"...so my advise would be - if you start off with a complete new neighborhood NPC free spawn with boolprop townies (30 will be generated per batch) and the game will select these - that is if you spawn them BEFORE you enter the hobbylot. It's what I did and as I said - no maid, no gardener, no postman, no nanny...only the spawned ones. If you don't spawn any townies - well logically the game will use those rather "unusual" NPCs.
Yup, that sounds reasonable enough to me. It's good to know I probably won't have that problem in my next neighborhood any more. (I only recreated all of my playables in a new hood five weeks ago, I don't feel like creating a new hood AGAIN at the moment ... *LOL*)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2008 March 05, 19:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a full set of Townies and Downtownies and the game is still adding professors as visitors to the hobby lots, much to my dismay. The last visit to the Science club had the iconic hobby Sim, one townie, and two professors there waiting. I am going to try banning them with TJ's visitor controller and see what happens because I absolutely loathe seeing professors anywhere in my neighborhood. Having the maid or gardener there wouldn't really bother me, but I can't stand the damn professors. *shakes fist*

louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2008 March 05, 20:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the game spawn these professors or did you custom create/spawn them?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2008 March 05, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a nomeetproffessors hack somewhere that prevents the spawning of profs altogether?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: 2008 March 05, 21:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is by TJ, Jel, but it just stops your sims from 'meeting' professors when they got to class for the first time. It doesn't prevent spawning. However-if you use this hack in conjunction with the visitor controller, then it is as if the Profs do not exist.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2008 March 05, 21:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the game spawn these professors or did you custom create/spawn them?

The game spawned them automagically when my founder Sim started Uni.

Isn't there a nomeetproffessors hack somewhere that prevents the spawning of profs altogether?

I have TJ's hack that stops Sims from meeting their professors, but AFAIK there is no way to prevent the game from spawning a set of them. If you kill them off, the game will just generate new ones. I don't even have a rational explanation for my deep hatred of them, it just annoys the shit out of me that they pop up all over the place. They are walk-bys on community lots, they show up at my businesses to browse but not buy anything, and now they are turning up at hobby lots. They should be like all the other Uni NPCs and just stay in the subhood, not out infiltrating the rest of my neighborhood like a professor army.

louisacoletta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2008 March 06, 09:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi gynarchy,

you mentioned earlier that you custom create your hobby heads...I've been wanting to do that too, but when i observe all the maxis made hobby heads in Desiderata Valley, I notice that some of them are wearing locked outfits (eg: nature, tinkering, fitness, etc).

is it absolutely necessary that I dress them in these outfits? or i can dress them any way I want? I was afraid that if i dressed them as i liked, it will cause problems for the game (the same way nannies are always elder,and wearing that nanny outfit, how the newspaper is always delivered by a teen, always wearing that same yellow outfit, same goes for the postman, wearing that same blue outfit, etc)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: