More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:56:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't fufill "Graduate 3 Children" want?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't fufill "Graduate 3 Children" want?  (Read 8909 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Can't fufill "Graduate 3 Children" want?
« on: 2005 July 18, 01:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just graduated Alexander Goth's three kids, with 4.0 averages to boot, and his lifetime want isn't fufilling. I even invited all the kids over and had them talk to him for a bit, and I saved and exited and reloaded the house. Nothing. Is it because they moved into their own houses afterwards, instead of moving in with him, or because they didn't throw a party, just moved out with their phones, some kind of bug (probably) or is it a hack problem?
I have most Flying Fish hacks, and some of twojeff's, but the only one I can think of that might conflict would be no20k, since it would affect some kind of a check when they graduate and go into the bin, I think. I have the box that allows you to change lifetime wants, but it's never even been placed in Alex's house, though one of the kids that graduated used it once. Or twice.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can't fufill "Graduate 3 Children" want?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 18, 01:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known Uni bug. Indirect Want Satisfaction is mildly borked. This has been reported with other indirect wants also, where they only reliably work if the wanter is on the lot at the time it happens. What this means is that in order for Graduate 3 Sims, Marry off 6 sims, etc., to be satisfied properly, it has to happen while the wanting sim is instanced in the game, in this case, when you return from your final. It's kind of broken, and I don't really see a good solution.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 18, 03:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ptt. Oh well, I like the grey tombstones better than the platinum anyway, and I'm about to let the old 'tard die.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 18, 05:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who has the three-college-grad-kids want, and she went platinum after only two of them graduated .. the third still lived at home, aduh! Her neice did graduate and she had a memory of that, so I'm thinking that must have been what satisfied it. *shrug*

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 18, 05:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think all of the memory-count wants are a little dodgy. I had a sim get the "20 best friends" want satisfaction, without actually having 20 best friends, and without it actually going away. And the "Woohoo With Everyone" want gets satisfied without a memory, even though there's supposed to be one.

I'll look into making a fix for Graduate 3 children on the Lot Debugger.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 18, 10:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that answers that question.  Silly me, I'd hoped that inviting the parent to the graduation party would be enough.  I guess next time I'll invite them to the house before the final final ;-)

Known Uni bug. Indirect Want Satisfaction is mildly borked. This has been reported with other indirect wants also, where they only reliably work if the wanter is on the lot at the time it happens. What this means is that in order for Graduate 3 Sims, Marry off 6 sims, etc., to be satisfied properly, it has to happen while the wanting sim is instanced in the game, in this case, when you return from your final. It's kind of broken, and I don't really see a good solution.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 18, 12:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims had the "graduate 3 kids" want fulfilled when only two of her kids had graduated.  Nobody else in that neighborhood had graduated yet.  In her memories, she had two memories of each kid graduating.  The first would be "Nicholas graduated summa cum laude" and, a few memories later, the second would just be something like "Nicholas graduated", without listing honors.  I'm not sure what generated the second memory, but I did move each grad from one lot to another soon after graduation, so maybe that did it?  Also, maybe it only happens if the kid had a 4.0.

Anyway, I love the bug, because it means a sim with that want only has to have two kids, and because the specific sim it first happened to died between when her second and third kids graduated, so she died happy and platinum.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 18, 23:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims had the "graduate 3 kids" want fulfilled when only two of her kids had graduated.  Nobody else in that neighborhood had graduated yet.  In her memories, she had two memories of each kid graduating.  The first would be "Nicholas graduated summa cum laude" and, a few memories later, the second would just be something like "Nicholas graduated", without listing honors.  I'm not sure what generated the second memory, but I did move each grad from one lot to another soon after graduation, so maybe that did it?  Also, maybe it only happens if the kid had a 4.0.

Anyway, I love the bug, because it means a sim with that want only has to have two kids, and because the specific sim it first happened to died between when her second and third kids graduated, so she died happy and platinum.
This happens in my game a lot.  Not with all Sims, but most.  I always delete the second one, because it makes them look as if they had a lesser degree than they actually had.  I have no idea what causes it, but it's a pain, because the memory has to be deleted from all family members and anyone around at the time as well, otherwise it'll get passed on to all and sundry.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 19, 08:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These dual memories are a pain and take up unnecessary space!  Like Had first kiss with X and Kissed X for the first time!  Sort of like verses in the bible, where everything is said twice in two different ways!  But soooo unnecessary!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 03, 20:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had a similar problem.  Two of my ex-YA's were getting married and at some point during the wedding party a box popped-up saying that one of their guests had just fulfilled her Lifetime Want to have 20 Best Friends.  I made her selectable and checked her - she was fully platinum, but had no memory of gaining the Lifetime Want or even of having 20 Best Friends.  Nevertheless, her Lifetime Want had changed and she had sprung-up the normal want to have 30 Best Friends.  After the party I went into her lot (she's in a Greek house) to see if it would come up there, but it didn't.  She isn't permanent plat, either.   She also had 21 Best Friends by then as it would seem she'd made another one at the wedding party, but that didn't alter anything.  This is a bad glitch, especially in terms of the children and related wants, because presumably there would be no box come up for those and you might never realise they've been fulfilled (or not fulfilled in real terms).

Edit:  Just had the "Graduate 3 Kids" want not satisfied now.  I actually went to the extreme of having Cassandra adopt a fifth child so she could graduate three (her eldest two were adults before I got Uni) and nothing happened, even when two of them moved back to the family home.  She was at all their graduation parties, but not present when they came back from their final, which I now realise is the problem.  This is one of the most stupidest glitches ever.  How is the Lotdebugger fix coming on?  Will it work for the other problem ones as well?
« Last Edit: 2005 August 28, 21:16:27 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: