More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:58:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Testers Wanted: Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix (Updated)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix (Updated)  (Read 12936 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Testers Wanted: Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix (Updated)
« on: 2006 May 17, 07:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix v1.01 for TS2OFB v1.0p1
Made by: syberspunk

This hack fixes the problem where Teen and Elder sims were unable to use the Vamprocillin-D potion directly from their inventory, as reported by pinhead in the thread for his 'move-in all' interaction. This problem exists since NL and I don't think it has been fixed with any of the patches. In the game, only adults can automatically use the Vamprocillin-D potion directly from their inventory, however, teens and elders cannot. The simple work around would be to take the potion out of their inventory and set it down somewhere. Then you can click on the potion itself in order to use it. Even though this is a minor bug, I decided to make a fix for it, and in the very least, it helped serve as a modding learning lesson. Smiley

Edit: Pinhead pointed out that the option was showing up twice for Adults (I didn't notice that. Tongue). And the original problem is that the pie menu function for the 'vamprocillin-d' interaction is enabled for adults, but not for teens and elders. Instead, it is enabled for children, which doesn't make sense since children can't be vampires. Tongue

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
This should work for NL and OFB. It probably will work for FFS. If you only have NL (or up to NL) and you are using the NL version of pinhead's 'move-in all' mod, then you do NOT need this mod. Actually, it most likely shouldn't cause any problems if you do have both, but that's rather redundant and therefore unnecessary. However, if you are NOT using that mod at all, then you should be ok to use this fix. OFB users should be okay as well. Just make sure you have the updated OFB version if you are using pinhead's mod.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related the self sim pie menu or the Vamprocillin-D potion
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Special thanks to pinhead for pointing this problem out and making an updated version of the move-in all hack that served as an excellent model to make this fix compatible with other hacks that would otherwise conflict with the self sim pie menu. Smiley

Version History:
v1.01 - Fixed Bug where Vamprocillin-D option would show up twice on Adult

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

You can see, I did a test on the Goth family household.

This picture shows the potion in Alexander's inventory. Alexander was artificially aged to a Teen.

This shows the option to use the Vamprocillin-D in his self sim pie menu. It normally does not show up without this fix (not pictured). The option also shows up for Mortimer as an Elder.

And just to prove this hack didn't break anything else (now that I fixed it Tongue), you can see Cassandra (an adult)l. Normally, only adults have the self sim pie menu option.

* vamprocillindpiemenufix.zip (3.17 KB - downloaded 1122 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 May 17, 22:58:59 by syberspunk » Logged

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted: Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 17, 10:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

->pokes Steven gently

copy-pasting the wrong readme again bud!  Tongue

Let the Beast inside you free!
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Vamprocillin-D Pie Menu Fix (Updated)
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 17, 15:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue Fixed the first post and the rtfm. Plus, I had to update it anyways. Pinhead pointed out that the option was showing up twice for adults, which I stupidly did not notice (silly me Roll Eyes ) and the actual initial problem was that the option did not show up for teens And elders. You can read the first post/rtfm for more details. It should be fixed now and I updated the pic of Cassandra, who btw makes one scary ass fugly vamp  Shocked

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: