More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:40:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New holder for the fingerprint scanner.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New holder for the fingerprint scanner.  (Read 4935 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
New holder for the fingerprint scanner.
« on: 2005 August 29, 11:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this was weird.  The family continually placed the fingerprint scanner here until I deleted it.  The phone worked fine when it was like this, but once they placed it horizontally and were unable to hang up the handset of the phone.  Has anyone seen this happen?  Since this started, I've been having weird things in this whole neighborhood, including on university lots (this is strangetown with La Fiesta Tech).  I.e. Sims getting stuck with their arms bent after playing chess and walk around all day with their elbows up in the air -- or sims getting stuck for some reason in an  endless loop of sitting down with a bowl of mac & cheese, standing up to take it to the kitchen and clean up, setting it on the counter, picking it up, going to sit down with it, and on and on until I delete the sim.
C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: New holder for the fingerprint scanner.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 29, 15:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had the problem with the fingerprint scanner, but I do have issues with sims and chess. If someone should cheat while they're playing, when I make them end the game, they're stuck in a sitting down position with their necks turned to the side. They walk up the stairs like this as well. Usually, I just make them go back and play chess again for a couple of minutes, and they're alright again. And I've also had the endless loop with the mac & cheese. I've just deleted whoever it was, and then restored the family (insimenator comes in handy sometimes). The problem seemed to correct itself then.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 29, 15:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had the endless mac and cheese loop, but have had problems with arms stuck in wierd positions.  Often a good night's sleep or a soak in the hot tub works wonders!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 29, 23:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Bahhahahaha....  Cheesy Sorry, didn't mean to pour salt on your wound, but the picture is a riot!!! Heeheehee, especially what the game used as a "holder" for the gun, it's so funny! Ok, I guess I wouldn't be laughing so hard if it happened to me, well, at least for the first half hour, before I find out the rest of the neighbourhood has gone weird. Still, with a visual like that, I think I'm going to laugh about it for a week Tongue.

I've had the accursed scanner gun vanish into thin air or cancel out all their action queues when it 'reset' my sims when they skill train on it, but never did it glitch up like that. I've got the same problems with their arms stuck in a bent position after playing chess from time to time, or after they drank espresso, it's a regular occurance especially with the latter, but they usually go back to normal after a shower or like what ZephyrZodiac said, "a good night's sleep". Haven't come across the mac and cheese loop. "Mac and cheese loop", the word "loop" reminds me of an episode in 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer', heehee  Tongue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 30, 03:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  It used to annoy me how the scanner gun would sometimes just disappear!  I'd spend hours searching the lot for it, never realising it was yet another Maxis glitch!  Just thought my sim had put it in a wierd place!  (I even moved beds, just to be sure!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 30, 05:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Honey, where did you put the scanner when you finished with it last night?"
"I put it under the refrigerator, of course, dear!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 30, 08:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Grin Grin ROFL!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 04, 18:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the picture is really hilarious! but as CuriousSpurious said, it's a real bummer if my neighbourhood had so many problems...

never had their arms stuck after playing chess, only once when Elijah, a kid of Vidcund, put a book back on the shelf. when my sims have coffee and i had to cancel them out just so they can go to work or do anything else, they drink it real fast and then they'll be shaking like crazy afterwards. poor Buck was shaking terribly under the wedding arch. wonder if he was shaking for fear or shear happiness...

now whenever my sims use the fingerprint scanner, i always keep an eye on them, to make sure it doesn't vanish without me noticing. i had it disappear once too.

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 22:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The scanner hack is brilliant - as long as you place it (the scanner) on a surface, they'll always put it back there when you tell them to stop scanning.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: