More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:17:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How is it considered cheating when your spouse is dead?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How is it considered cheating when your spouse is dead?  (Read 9416 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
How is it considered cheating when your spouse is dead?
« on: 2006 May 12, 21:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just two elders recently die in Pleasantview.  Their surviving spouses have only a few days remaining, so I allowed them to seek comfort in each other.  Being best friends, they immediately fell in love.  But I noticed that they both received cheating memories.  How can this be?  If you are a widow/er, you aren't considered married anymore.  So why did they receive these memories?  They are most definitely NOT cheating.  They are both family sims.  I have all of JM's fixes and hacks, including the Romance mod.  I have Uni+NLp2.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: How is it considered cheating when your spouse is dead?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 12, 21:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens in my game as well.  The only way I've found to sort it out is to sever the marital ties in SimPE.  Unfortunately, this doesn't happen when the spouse dies.  I do have a mod for it, but since OFB it hasn't worked properly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 21:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that Pescado's own marriage-postmortum (sic) that's supposed to fix that bug?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 12, 21:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's the one I was referring to.  As I said, doesn't seem to work now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 12, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient I use the marriage-postmortum  hack that has April 21 as the date on ot and it works just fine for me. I just had  one of my sims husband die and she fell in love with his cousin. Had 3 bolts for him so I let them get married and she didn't get any cheating memories.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 00:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had that happen yet, but I did get one that had a fear of being caught cheating by her dead husband - that was weird.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 13, 02:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this what you are talking about?  marriagebugfix.zip

It's in the test folder, so I didn't know if it was ready or not.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 13, 03:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you think that's bad, you should have seen what happened to my family. The mother died in her early days of being an elder so my other sims were all in asperation failure, but the husband immediately spun the want to woohoo. Of course that gives a lot of asperations points so I called one of his best friends and made them fall in love and he got the cheated memory. When they finally woohooed he got up like he was going to be slapped and the "wife's" ghost was roaming around. I also got a message saying that the sim died on another lot and her grave would be moved. Then, when I looked at his memories, she died twice and he and the rest of the family were in asperation failure again!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 13, 03:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had that happen yet, but I did get one that had a fear of being caught cheating by her dead husband - that was weird.

That happen to me too, I guess they are afraid of getting caught by their ghosts  Roll Eyes . And a vamp whose lover died 3  gen ago still spun a fear of falling out of love with her - that was my main annoyance.

I didn't even know that elders will have a cheating icon after their spouses died. I must get that JM fix too. Damn Maxis, my hacks folder is bulging.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 13, 03:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It SHOULD have been fixed in the most recent version. Have you tried redownloading the Director's Cut?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 13, 03:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the marriagepostmortum from the NL hacks directory, dated 4/21/06.  It is the same size as the file in the DC, but the one in the DC is older, dated 1/31/06.  What does the marriagebugfix do?  It's in the testing folder, but it's dated 11/21/05.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 13, 04:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the marriagepostmortum from the NL hacks directory, dated 4/21/06.  It is the same size as the file in the DC, but the one in the DC is older, dated 1/31/06.  What does the marriagebugfix do?  It's in the testing folder, but it's dated 11/21/05.
It fixes an experimental bad marriage bug that would jump at every marriage attempt that some people randomly had for no apparently sane reason. It is not required. As for the Dead Spouse thing, check the sim's relationship in SimPE and see if he still has the married bit set. I think I added code to have those manually removed at some point in case they were still set, but older sims might have had it stick. I'll look at it some more once I finish this hard drive replacement.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 13, 05:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like they were still set as spouses under the family tree, but I didn't look at the relations.  I deleted the Spouse family tie, and that seems to have removed all the checkmarks, not just for married, but for love, best friends, etc.  Should I set them back as spouses in the Family ties editor, and just uncheck the married checkbox?  I thought they were still supposed to show up as married on the family tree with the dead spouse's thumbnail grayed out, until they remarry.  I had forgotten about this, but I had a problem once before getting a sim whose wife had died to propose engagement to his new girlfriend.  He had the cheating memories as well, but he was an adult, not an elder.  The Propose...Engagement option wouldn't even show up.  It's not showing up for these two either, and they should have it at 100/100 in love.  I fiixed it before by going in and removing all ties to his dead wife, but is that necessary?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 13, 05:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't edit the family ties thing, since that defeats the point. You should, however, check to see that the "Married" bits are not set in the sim-to-sim relationships.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 13, 05:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was.  In fact, the married bits are still set for her previous husband, but she was still able to get remarried.  I don't understand that one.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 13, 21:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem once. My sim wasn't able to remarry after her husband's death, and she got memories of cheating.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 14, 00:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't edit the family ties thing, since that defeats the point. You should, however, check to see that the "Married" bits are not set in the sim-to-sim relationships.
I restored the spousal relationships I had removed in the family ties editor, and I made sure that the Married boxes weren't set in the Relationships panel.  I had deleted the cheating memories for both of them, but they came back the next time they were together.  They still have no option to propose engagement.  So what is the problem?

How's the hard drive replacement going?  Did you have a BFBVS?  I always enjoy installing hard drives.  Cool
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 14, 05:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you forget to commit them?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 14, 06:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I did not forget to commit them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 14, 06:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try the test-version of marriage-postmortum I just posted up in ffs/test. I added a modified version of the "am I married/engaged" test with an additional sanity check to specifically exclude dead people from being even considered, but have no idea what other side effects may occur from non-sanity checking alternates. You can give it a test drive, though.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 14, 06:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well in the director's cut it is still the old January 2006 version while in the OFB hack directory it is one dated of April 21st 2006, I am confused as to which one I need to use?

Maybe you should update the director's cut version while you are at it espacially if the April version is the right version to use with OFB.

EDIT:  Thank you Pes, I notice you just updated the version in the director's cut, so no need to answer. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 May 14, 07:45:42 by MissDoh » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 14, 09:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I tried the marriagepostmortum in testing, and it seems to work in that my sims again have the option to get engaged.  However, it seems to cause all sims to be reset.  Is this a result of the "sanity check?"  Is it possible to do this without causing a sim reset?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 14, 10:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's apparently very random, the mere act of using the built-in death-check causes a reset. I've inlined the death check, and it doesn't seem to reset anymore. Try now?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 14, 12:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually put the old file back in, and I have the option for engagment now.  I don't know why, but I didn't change anything, and I didn't save my game from the test version.  They didn't get cheating memories either from romantic interactoins.  I am confused now.  I didn't change anything in their relationships.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: