More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 06:43:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dumb sim wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dumb sim wants  (Read 5262 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Dumb sim wants
« on: 2006 May 09, 13:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm playing one of my sim families last night, and the wife (a Family aspiration), rolls wants to play with/cuddle/hold a baby.  Now, this puzzled me, since her youngest was a child close to turning into a teen, and I couldn't figure out what baby she was on about.  Then it hit me -- her oldest son, now married to Cassandra Goth's oldest daughter, just had a kid -- she wanted to play with her grand kid!

Which is a dumb want, because really, how can it be filled as the game is currently programmed?  If she invites her son over, he comes alone, or maybe with his wife, but certainly not with the baby.  And if he invites her over to his house, past experience says she'll probably ignore the baby and go play chess or something. Smiley  So, why have wants that can't really be filled?  The mind of Maxis is a mysterious thing....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Dumb sim wants
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 09, 14:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you'd have to apply a certain level of brute force if you ever want to see that happen. But yeah, manifesting baby wants for nonresident babies is essentially unfeasible, since you have to either force "make selectable", or move sims around.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 09, 14:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never know. I had Nervous Subject autonomously pick up Pascal Curious's alien daughter out of her crib when he was visiting. (That was wonderfully cute.) And I'd swear there's some way to get one Sim to hand a baby to another.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 09, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never know. I had Nervous Subject autonomously pick up Pascal Curious's alien daughter out of her crib when he was visiting. (That was wonderfully cute.) And I'd swear there's some way to get one Sim to hand a baby to another.

Well, there is a 'hand baby to' pie menu choice when a sim is holding a baby, but my past experience is that when a playable hands the baby to a non-playable, the non playable usually just drops the baby on the floor.  He/she doesn't really interact with the baby in any way, and certainly not enough to fulfill these wants.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 09, 14:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they used to kidnap your babies. Does that count as interaction?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 09, 15:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they used to kidnap your babies. Does that count as interaction?

More of a crime, I'd say. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 09, 18:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since wants don't have to be fulfilled at home, would it work if, while playing the son's house, you invited grandma over....maybe she's do it autonomously? That would be logical, which means it most likely won't work, but it's a shot.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 09, 18:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could just ignore the stupid want Cheesy

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 09, 21:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen autonomously. One of my sims invited grandma over every day, because she would just be obsessed with the baby and take care of it for them. Could this be the reason visitors always obsess over the baby?

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 09, 21:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignoring the want would be my choice LOL.   However, there IS a new hack in testing at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=154779&highlight=sitter  .  I've been trying it out and so far no problems.  It allows you to have granny over to babysit and makes her selectable until she goes home.  

greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 09, 21:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starrling, thank you so much for this info. and the link!  I've been wanting to make one of my playables a Nanny for my neighborhood for the longest time.  I didn't know anything like this existed!!

--green
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 09, 23:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ignore a lot of my sims wants cause they are so stupid. lol Yeah I'm nice to my sims. I use hacks to reroll wants when there is nothing "I" want to do.
Oh I'm testing that hack too Starling and I love it! I can finally have a Nanny who will DO something! But I found if you already have a Nanny scheduled then you need to unschedule it before you'll get the option to pick. Pretty nice!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 10, 16:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also just found out that although "nanny" doesn't come up in the list of services you can call, if you DO hire one of those nannies (I only wish them on my worst sims), it still works the old way where you can have them track your schedule.  You can't do that with just a friend or relative - you have to call them each time.  I think.  Got a case of mumble-brain today myself.  I may not make much sense.  Take my posts with a grain of salt.  or something.

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 14, 23:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know that you can still get those nannies if you ever do desire to torture your simmies. which can be fun at times! lol.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: