More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:35:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Does this only happens to me? Clean-up dishes problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this only happens to me? Clean-up dishes problem.  (Read 21412 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Does this only happens to me? Clean-up dishes problem.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 12, 12:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that, aside from the fact that even having Macrotastics in all the time doesn't mean you have to use it, it's also quite possible to put the hack in, use it to get the information that Pescado wants, and then take it right back out again.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 12, 14:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Syber for the detailed info about macrostatics.  The biggest household I ever have are with 4 Sims.  Right now all of them only have 2 in each house, it is my MATY hood that I just restarted to play with. 

So you probably guess by now that taking care of 2 Sims on a lot is pretty easy and if I would need a macro for managing 2 lazy Sims then Houston I would have a problem.  Tongue

Having said that, I will take the time to download macrostatic tonight (I am at work) and will try to figure out how does macro clean works so I can report to Pescado.

Reproducing the problem was pretty easy for me, once I knew how it happens, i've been able to reproduce the problem 3 times so far.  So I will see if with that macro in it will change anything or simply confirm the problem.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 12, 14:29:01 by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Macro-clean test result for the Clean-up dishes problem.
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 13, 01:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Pescado even with macro-clean the Sims did not clean-up the dirty plates.

I only put in macrostatics in my game to make sure there would be no hack conflict of any sort.

I loaded a lot of a Sim I knew had problem, clic on it, select in the macro menu the "clean" option, he clean everything in the house except the dirty dish which was left on the table.

I woke up the other Sim which did not have that problem, clic on it, select in the macro menu the "clean" option and he pick-up the plate right away and cleaned it up.

So there is definitely a problem.

Hope you can solve this one.  Undecided

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 13, 02:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... that suxorz... did you try turning on debug mode and seeing if you get any error logs? I think all this confirms is that it isn't just a mouse clicking problem. I would try turning on debug mode and try:

hovering over the plate
clicking on the plate
hovering over the selected sim
clicking on the selected sim
clicking on the macro.../clean option with a problematic sim

If you still have the problem and no error logs... well I'm out of ideas. Pescado? Tongue

Ste

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 13, 02:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have boolprop testing cheats on when I play and it did not give me any error report.  I did mention that already in an older reply.  Tongue

I did exactly what you mention before you mention it many times with the same results. Sad

thanks Syber for trying but there is really a problem in Maxis game.

Did you try to save Sims while they were eating on a downtown restaurant lots to see if it would happen in your game too?

that would be really useful if you could try this. Smiley

EDIT:  I think there is no error report because it is happening on community lot and it saving uncontrollable character files
« Last Edit: 2006 May 14, 01:04:36 by MissDoh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 13, 10:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The matter will be looked into once my computer is operable again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 13, 23:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Pescado I look forward for your reply or fix for that.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 16, 08:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try to save Sims while they were eating on a downtown restaurant lots to see if it would happen in your game too?

that would be really useful if you could try this. Smiley

EDIT:  I think there is no error report because it is happening on community lot and it saving uncontrollable character files

You could have the same Prob at Residential Lots. I had it happen pre OFB . I canceled a Sim while eating to greet the Welcomewagon after greeting told him to eat and exited the lot and saved. After a while played the same lot the Sim was unable to clean his dish after that.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 16, 08:54:04 by Havelock » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 19, 02:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any luck in isolating the problem so far?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 02, 20:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have exactly the same problem, but it's only on one lot. The only thing different about this lot is that I used the roof slope cheat. I didn't play the Sim at all before it happened, she was just plunked onto a yard with a phone, but she was seen visiting various Nightlife community lots. When I finally built her a house and played her for a day, the dishes were uncleanable, unclickable, invisible to macrotastics. I tried selecting visiting Sims with Merola's mirror and telling them to clean, but they couldn't see the dishes either.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 02, 20:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had MissDoh's problem, and I routinely have my sims leave community lots without paying any attention to whether other playable sims on the lot as visitors are eating or not. But I have had the occasional problem recently with dishes not being able to be cleaned, or even deleted with Move Objects on. What I have found is if I let the game run for a while, the dish becomes cleanable, which I know because a sim will go clean it up. I haven't done a controlled study of this, but it appears that in my game the problem is the result of the plate being "used," in that a sim has it in queue to clean even though it may not appear in as an action icon in the on-screen queue. At least once, the sim who eventually cleaned up the plate had been given the macro Clean instruction.

It was at times somewhat comical. Because the plates can be moved, just not deleted, I moved one of them across the street from the house to get it out of the way, and awhile later a sim that was macro cleaning went and got it. Another time, before I figured out what was happening, I deleted table or counter the plate was on, which got rid of the plate, but that turned out to be overkill.

As for MissDoh's problem, someone mentioned the possibility that the uncontrolled sims' states on the community lots were being saved and transferred back to their residential lots. It makes some sense that perhaps the sims who are eating are saved with the state of sitting and eating, or, alternatively, that  they are being saved with the state of "plate in use" so that when back home, they see the dirty plates as being in use. This is just a guess, though.   Roll Eyes

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 03, 19:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for MissDoh's problem, someone mentioned the possibility that the uncontrolled sims' states on the community lots were being saved and transferred back to their residential lots. It makes some sense that perhaps the sims who are eating are saved with the state of sitting and eating, or, alternatively, that  they are being saved with the state of "plate in use" so that when back home, they see the dirty plates as being in use. This is just a guess, though.   Roll Eyes

This does make sense since that problem never occur in my game to other sims than the one that were still eating when the controllable Sims left the community lot.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 04, 02:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get something like this from time to time, but I have no idea whether it's connected to community lots.  What happens is that a particular bowl (for some reason, it's usually a bowl) is totally invisible to everyone, including the maid.  When I click on it, I get the "no action" response and it can't be deleted.  Yet it continues to buzz and drive me crazy and I end-up having to move it to the far end of the lot or something.  I have one at the moment that is behaving like this.

As for your English, it's basically fine but I had to laugh at the thought of you doing your vacuuming with a mouse.  (You said "hoover" rather than "hover", which to me means cleaning the carpet).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 04, 11:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had something similar, but seems connected to the plates rather than to the sims. They will buzz, etc but cannot be clicked on by sims. (I am not positive that I tried every sim on the lot though). It doesn't occur often, but when it does it is always after I have been downtown or when sims move out of a lot using Inge's Make objects stay at moveout shrub and new sims move in.

When I use burninator to get rid of them there are 3 things that get deleted...the food, the plate and if I remember correctly an invisible object.  (Put the plates on the floor before burninating or you lose your table too!)

I sometimes have that same problem with flowers that die. They can't be cleaned up or deleted. But when burninated it deletes the flowers, the rubbish pile, and an invisible object. Even when they can be cleaned up by a sim, it sometimes still leaves the invisible object behind that has to be burninated before another item can be placed in that spot.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 04, 20:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just had one the othr night who couldn't clean up a plate and no one on the lot had been anywhere but work or school.  In other words, it wasn't a community lot problem.

She cleaned up other plates, but I had no options show up when I moused-over that plate.  When her husband woke up, he was able to clean it up with no problem.  (Option showed up.)

I didn't have macrotastics in at the time, but I have added it since, and like Syber said, it's more of a convenience than making your sims into automatons. 

A macro is something that you can set up in some programs that allows you to set up one keystroke or mouse click on a certain menu option and have it do several functions at once.  Like for paying bills, you normally click on the mailbox to get the mail, then wait for them to put it down, then click on the mail to pay the bills.  Macro..pay bills tells the sim to get the mail and when they put it down, they pick it back up and go back to the mailbox to pay the bills.  Saves you from having to watch the sim and wait for them to put the bills on the table.

And it they're doing something like cleaning or gardening and you need to stop them for some reason, you can stop it just like anything else in their queue.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 05, 01:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though to others this problem might appear for other reasons, I can assure you in my case it is directly related to downtown  community restaurant lots.  No sims of mine I've lost that abilitiy any other way so far.

All the sims used in that test hood were in bed except the one I send to a restaurant community lot.  In total after my original post I sent around 100 times my Sims to different restaurant downtown community lot.  98% of the Sims that were still eating when I left the coummunity lot, upon relaoding those residential lot, have lost the ability to clean-up plates and if the other sim living in the same lot did not go there or they were not still eating when I left still could clean it.  I had at least 50 sims in total stuck that way.  So my test is reliable.  This is happening weither or not I have mods in my game, I don't have any other cc than mods and a few hack objects.

There are probably other things creating cleaning bugs.

I am wondering if any of you tried to duplicate my testing.

EDIT:  I tried the option to "clean" in the macrostatics, the one affected on the comminuty lot ignored the plates.  The one that did not go clean it up.  I report about that in an ealier post.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 05, 04:25:10 by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 05, 04:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for your English, it's basically fine but I had to laugh at the thought of you doing your vacuuming with a mouse.  (You said "hoover" rather than "hover", which to me means cleaning the carpet).

Lol, glad I at least gave you a good laugh  Grin Hoover is a brand of vacuum cleaner so I understand my mistake... just 1 o Missdoh, just 1 o next time Wink
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 12, 19:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has also happened to me on more than one occasion. Last night I was playing a lot and sent the sims downtown to two different restaurants. John Burb was at one and Jennifer Burb was at the other one. Jennifer Burb happens to be pregnant and almost ready to have the baby according to her size.  Today I went to the Burb's lot to play them a bit. John could NOT clean up any plates at all. After almost two sim days of playing, Jennifer had still not had the baby and John was forcing her to do all the clearing of plates...lol

I decided to use the lot debugger to 'force errors' to see if that would fix it. Jennifer's belly went down a size and John could once again clear plates. Soon her belly grew again and shortly after that she gave birth a new baby girl. I don't know what it is about seeing your other playable sims on community lots as unplayables, but something is certainly whacky with it.  Undecided
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: