More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:56:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird error  (Read 13511 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Weird error
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 12, 12:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, only the normal ones.  I've tried the force errors thing, both the debugger and boolProp, but even if I put that fridge right, it doesn't mean the fridge is cured, which means it's unusable anyway, so it'll have to go - what the heck, it isn't the only white recolour I have!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 12, 13:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering more about the original poster - cwieberdink said he/she had problems on one lot, but not another so I wondered whether the lotdebugger showed anything screwy on the lot.  Always worth a look.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 12, 13:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, actually it's not quite the same problem, as I have problems with this fridge every time - there are two identical ones, you see, and if I pick the wrong one!  But in cwieberdink's case, it was, I think she said, the cheap cooker that worked fine, and the expensive one that didn't.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 12, 13:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering more about the original poster - cwieberdink said he/she had problems on one lot, but not another so I wondered whether the lotdebugger showed anything screwy on the lot.  Always worth a look.

I used the debugger to its fullest extent and no dice.  NO stove works on this lot for that option.  They can cook normally otherwise but not if I click the stove and tell them to "make.." or "make many...."

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 12, 14:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply to the fridge as well?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 12, 14:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that apply to the fridge as well?

I don't think so, but I'd have to try it and see.  The serve.... option works fine.

Like I said there are other strange errors happening in this house as well, like my self-sim punching a non-person.  LOL

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 12, 15:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the "force errosr" option on the debugger using the option for in and off-world?  It does rather sound as if a stray character file is lurking in your house!  Oh, and make sure your self-sim hasn't ever met herself!
« Last Edit: 2006 June 12, 15:09:26 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 12, 15:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try the "force errosr" option on the debugger using the option for in and off-world?  It does rather sound as if a stray character file is lurking in your house!  Oh, and make sure your self-sim hasn't ever met herself!

I did try the force error for everything.  I need to check on my self-sim.  I hadn't thought of that!  Ya know, this started after a bad fire that didn't destroy the stove, although it looked like it did.  I wonder if there's an invisible pile of ashes.  I'm gonna try burninating the squares where the stove is and see if that helps.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 12, 15:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a good idea!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 12, 20:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it didn't work.  I burninated everything in that corner of the kitchen and nada.  I did confirm, however, that the make... and make many.... are completely missing from the fridge menu.  weird.  It works on every other lot.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 12, 20:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then at least you know the problem is not in the game files, but in that lot.  I wonder if moving the family out and then moving the house to another location would reset it?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: