More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 12:17:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Question for users of ATI drivers.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question for users of ATI drivers.  (Read 13567 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Re: Question for users of ATI drivers.
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 18, 05:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably a good idea to get your system working properly with the ATi drivers before messing around with hacked drivers. If you're getting a lot of VPU recovers, then something is amiss in your PC. Covering over the problem with hacked drivers isn't really the best course of action.   Cool

They aren't "hacked" drivers, if by "hacked" you mean some sloppy thrown-together job. The guy who writes them is a tester for ATI. And, considering the fact that I got VPU recovers before I used his drivers, and none after, it is not a problem with my computer. This happens to many, many people, on many games, with certain ATI drivers. We do not all happen to have the same computer problems that only happen to come out with certain versions of ATI's drivers Roll Eyes. The Omega "hacked" drivers are about as "dangerous" for the computer as J.M.'s hacks are for The Sims 2. The Omega drivers are just superior to ATI drivers in every way. When ATI's drivers do not work with a game, it is not the user's fault, and not the system's fault. ATI drivers crash a lot of games: Everquest 2, Knight of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Civilization 4, just to name a few games I have had personal experience with. Whereas Omega drivers have more options and don't crash.

The site, http://www.omegadrivers.net/, isn't timing out any more either.

You could also roll back your drivers to a previous version of ATI's. But this VPU recovery thing with ATI drivers is known to happen with many games -- while it may be a computer issue sometimes, it is so incredibly common as a driver issue.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 18, 05:36:58 by neriana » Logged

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Question for users of ATI drivers.
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 18, 07:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting nfo Neriana, I'm just trying ATI Radeon for the first time, I had nvidia before but was having graphics problems with the sims, which many users reported. I understand there may be a core game issue.

I haven't had any problems with Radeon yet but also haven't read up on tweaking and settings, I don't want to overclock, just finetune.

I'll give Civ IV a go, I haven't reinstalled it since I built the new machine, I'll test out the ATI drivers. I'll check out that site you linked, sounds interesting, and like you say, you can always roll back. Smiley

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: