More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:59:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something strange is afoot...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something strange is afoot...  (Read 12641 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Something strange is afoot...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 11, 23:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use them because I think they are some of the less oily/shiny looking ones out there. They also aren't hyper realistic, but well detailed enough to look nice.
All of the "realistic" ones I've stumbled across, seeing as I don't exactly LOOK for them, are either exceptionally oily and shiny, or not-defaults, and I don't touch custom skins, they have messed up genetics.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 12, 17:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are normal people exceptionally oily?

Some people are exceptionally oily.  Peter Andre the questionable *celebrity* who originates from the Antipodes and now resides in the UK with his questionable *celebrity* wife, Katie Price aka Jordan for two

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 12, 18:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but "some" is not "normal". Obviously some people are oily, but why are oily people used as the basis for "realistic" skins? Surely most people are not that oily. If people were all that oily, we wouldn't have an oil crisis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 12, 18:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And acne med. companies would be richer?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 12, 19:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but "some" is not "normal". Obviously some people are oily, but why are oily people used as the basis for "realistic" skins? Surely most people are not that oily. If people were all that oily, we wouldn't have an oil crisis.

Try using Baby Oil sometime. It feels wonderful and works wonders on old, dry skin. Roll Eyes

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 12, 19:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baby oil doesn't truly moisturize the skin, though.  All it does is coat the skin, acting as a seal.  You should put it on moist skin, such as when you step out of the shower, to seal in the moistuer.  But just putting it on dry skin just makes it greasy.  Tongue
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 12, 19:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh definitely right after a shower. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 12, 20:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=109741&highlight=default+helaene as defaults.

They are neither shiny nor oily, and they don't make male Sims look like they're wearing makeup. For that matter, they don't make female Sims look like they're wearking makeup -- I don't wear makeup, so why should all my Sims be stuck with it?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 12, 21:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like that set of hers too much (the eyes look kind of bagged), but she has another, newer set that's a nice matte with faint freckles that I'd love to try as a default set (though I quite like Louis's). I should request for someone to make defaults out of it. The only trouble with it is that the darker tones are a bit too red.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 12, 23:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=109741&highlight=default+helaene as defaults.

They are neither shiny nor oily, and they don't make male Sims look like they're wearing makeup. For that matter, they don't make female Sims look like they're wearking makeup -- I don't wear makeup, so why should all my Sims be stuck with it?

Same here -- of all those I've tried, I like these the best.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 13, 03:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My young adult sim met this NPC bartender Knut Toyonoga  in college at a nightclub. Compared to all the fugly baristas, bartenders and D.J. 's in the game I was quite shocked. She promptly hooked up with him and moved in together after graduation.

I have always just played my own custom neighborhood since the beginning and have had NPC's like Dagmar the mailwoman, Kaylynn and Lucy the maids, Lauren Reeves the pizza chick, Demi the policewoman, Marylena the food delivery girl too.  I think that they are premade by Maxis sims that are randomly spawned throughout any neighborhood. If they could do that with the NPC's why can't they do that with the townies. Unique looking I can deal with..Unrealistically deformed looking is another story. Undecided

Wow, he certainly looks good but he doesn't need the blusher. The oily skin makes up for that.And JM, who cares about messed up genetics for cc skins. I can fix them in SimPE if I want to. I want my sims to have knees. The default skins doesn't have them.

off topic - what is the use of baby oil if its to act as a seal?  Huh In that case, it shouldn't exist because we should all use moisturer instead  Undecided

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 13, 05:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your skin is dry, then your skin lacks both moisture (water) and oil (to keep from losing moisture).  You need to replenish the moisture your skin has lost.  Water is what makes skin look young and fresh, and even older skin looks better when it's properly moisturized.  Smearing oil on top of your skin won't help put moisture into your skin's tissues.  But if you apply it to wet skin, it will help keep the water from evaporating from your skin.  The main ingredient in baby oil is mineral oil, which is the main ingredient in most moisturizers.  Moisturizers do a great job of putting moisture back into the skin and leaving a slight oil barrier on top of the skin to seal it in.  If your skin is on the oily side, you may not need a moisturizer, or you may only need light moisture.  If you have dry skin, you may need a heavier (oilier) base.  If you have oily skin on your face like me, you have to be careful not to use anything heavy because it will cause the pores to become clogged and then you break out.  Tongue  I do not use anything with mineral oil in it on my face, but my arms and especially my legs need a heavier moisturizer.

Baby oil was intended for babies, to protect their tender skin from wet diapers.  Vaseline does the same thing.  Obviously it has other uses as well.  After a shower it tends to work best, although I prefer lighter body oils if I use them at all.  If you apply it to the wet skin, then pat down the excess, it doesn't seem to leave such a tacky residue.  It seems to absorb into the skin better then, so you don't have to worry about leaving oily spots wherever you sit.  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: