More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something strange is afoot...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something strange is afoot...  (Read 12854 times)
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Something strange is afoot...
« on: 2006 May 11, 01:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of the usual uglies and hatchet-faced sims, my game randomly spawned a gorgeous NPC. I nearly died of shock when I saw her. This is Dagmar Bertino, the mail carrier. The only things I've changed on her are her hairstyle (not colour, she came blonde), makeup, and changed to non-maxis eyebrows.

This is probably the first genuinely attractive NPC I've come across. Have any of you had any good looking service people show up?
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Something strange is afoot...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 11, 01:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a sim that didn't have a default CAS face.... so no I have never had an attractive townie or serviceman.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 11, 01:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that could be it. I forgot, I downloaded some CAS face replacements that are a bit more subtle than the exagerated ones the game comes with. Thats probably why I suddenly got her.

D'oh, silly me.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 11, 01:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is very pretty. I love her eyes and eyelashes. Which replacements are you using?

Unsouper
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 11, 01:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CAS replacements are these ones from MTS2. I am pretty sure anyway...

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=135121

I cant remember where I got the eyes, but the lashes are some Barcelonista made, also picked up at MTS2.
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 11, 01:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a hack. Dagmar is in my neighborhood too.  She was fooling around with everyone all over town before I moved her in and found out she is a romance sim. All original except makeup and different Maxis hairstyle. Custom replacement skintone by Louis. But I have'nt touched her facial features, it was'nt neccessary. Grin

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 11, 04:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last year when I was doing the Legacy challenge I discovered that Dagmar was quite lovely and had her marry my first generation Legacy sim. Marylena, the one that delivers groceries, is another quite pretty sim. Have yet to find a NPC guy that is attractive though, they all look like they got beat with an ugly stick or were victims of inbreeding.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 11, 06:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, Dagmar is actually quite pretty.  But she is one of the default NPCs that come with Pleasantview and isn't a randomly generated NPC, so she could have been made in CAS.  Who knows?  I think Robin the Cheerleader in Uni isn't bad looking, especially with a different hair style.  Too bad she has the cheerleader coding though, or I would have married her to one of my sims.  I just don't think I could put up with her cheering all the time, though.  Roll Eyes
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 11, 07:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last year when I was doing the Legacy challenge I discovered that Dagmar was quite lovely and had her marry my first generation Legacy sim. Marylena, the one that delivers groceries, is another quite pretty sim. Have yet to find a NPC guy that is attractive though, they all look like they got beat with an ugly stick or were victims of inbreeding.

Gordon Kim the light skinned guy, blonde hair and blue eyes  who delievers groceries in Strangetown and Cooper Rossi, a dark skinned guy, blonde hair and green eyes who delivers mail in Strangetown are quite decent looking. No extreme features. For more handsome townies, check out TSR forums. They have a lot of threads on the best looking in the default neighbourhoods.

Go Away
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 11, 11:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHEN are people going to stop hating on the inbred?  We have feelings too.  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 11, 13:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHEN are people going to stop hating on the inbred?  We have feelings too.  Cry
Feelings are for wimps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 11, 16:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cooper the mailman is quite the hottie. He's dating one of the Singles sisters in my game. The only issue is, I kind of like having him as the mailman, but I hate, hate, hate the hairstyle he sports b/c of the mailman uniform - this ugly, ugly, gelled down, 50s loser type of cut. If he gets into the hottub or anything, he turns into quite the dork.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 11, 17:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gordon Kim the light skinned guy, blonde hair and blue eyes  who delievers groceries in Strangetown and Cooper Rossi, a dark skinned guy, blonde hair and green eyes who delivers mail in Strangetown are quite decent looking. No extreme features. For more handsome townies, check out TSR forums. They have a lot of threads on the best looking in the default neighbourhoods.

Oh, I have never done the Legacy challenge other then in Pleasantview and I don't play Strangetown all that often so I guess I never noticed. Might have to start a new Legacy in Strangetown then...although the thought of doing another Legacy challenge makes me kind of *gag*.

And my apologies to the inbred amongst us (persephone).  Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 11, 18:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:

My poor, lonely legacy sim finally found a mate.  Only problem is it's Dagmar and she's wearing that ugly uniform.  Despite buying her new clothes and the likes, I keep seeing her in her Postal uniform on the control pane and the pic when the family is loadingl.  Does that ever change? 

Almost makes me want to nuke her and let him suffer.  Well, maybe not.

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 11, 18:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:

My poor, lonely legacy sim finally found a mate.  Only problem is it's Dagmar and she's wearing that ugly uniform.  Despite buying her new clothes and the likes, I keep seeing her in her Postal uniform on the control pane and the pic when the family is loadingl.  Does that ever change? 

Almost makes me want to nuke her and let him suffer.  Well, maybe not.

If you change have her change her appearance in the mirror, it will reset the thumbnail.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 11, 18:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very pretty Sim.  Did she get that hair because you have binned all your custom hair?
kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 11, 19:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My young adult sim met this NPC bartender Knut Toyonoga  in college at a nightclub. Compared to all the fugly baristas, bartenders and D.J. 's in the game I was quite shocked. She promptly hooked up with him and moved in together after graduation.

I have always just played my own custom neighborhood since the beginning and have had NPC's like Dagmar the mailwoman, Kaylynn and Lucy the maids, Lauren Reeves the pizza chick, Demi the policewoman, Marylena the food delivery girl too.  I think that they are premade by Maxis sims that are randomly spawned throughout any neighborhood. If they could do that with the NPC's why can't they do that with the townies. Unique looking I can deal with..Unrealistically deformed looking is another story. Undecided
« Last Edit: 2006 May 11, 19:31:43 by kryptmoon » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 11, 19:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He is a very pretty sim kryptmoon!

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 11, 20:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second what Emma said. Wow! I'm going to quit having my sims avoid the bartenders.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 11, 20:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What custom skin does he have Kryptmoon? I want it!
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 11, 20:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like he has the Simcribbling replacements, which is also what my Dagmar has. But I could be wrong.

Blue, the hair didn't generate on her, she came with the mail carrier short ponytail / hat hairstyle. My townies have been spawning with binned hair though.

I honestly had never paid attention to NPCs and townies, so I didn't know which ones showed up in every game, and which were randomly spawned. I'm going to have to take closer looks at some of them, it is amazing that apparently maxis actually knows how to make fairly attractive sims.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 11, 21:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you change have her change her appearance in the mirror, it will reset the thumbnail.

I did that and now the screenshot when the family is loading is correct, but several Simdays later, she's still going postal in the control panel/taskbar.  Hmm... perhaps it's just a starrlingesque issue  Undecided

kryptmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 11, 22:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use SimCribbling by Louis default replacements. It is the same as my Dagmar above. I love it, it is so detailed and realistic. Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 11, 22:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use SimCribbling by Louis default replacements. It is the same as my Dagmar above. I love it, it is so detailed and realistic. Smiley
It looks awfully shiny and oily, as is typical of "realistic" skins. Are normal people exceptionally oily?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 11, 23:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use them because I think they are some of the less oily/shiny looking ones out there. They also aren't hyper realistic, but well detailed enough to look nice.

But hey, if Pescado wants to play with barbies, who am I to stop him? Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: