More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:44:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  moronic coffin obsession revisited...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: moronic coffin obsession revisited...  (Read 4098 times)
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
moronic coffin obsession revisited...
« on: 2006 May 13, 03:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to tack a reply onto this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1676.0, but the system said that since it had been dormant so long that I should consider starting a new one instead. Basically, I've got myself a nice shiny new vampire Sim, and built her a special room for her cozy coffin. Stuck an APO panel in the room and denied everyone but the vamp access. This keeps the other household sims out of her coffin, but it doesn't stop them from stupidly standing outside her room, endlessly trying to get inside and sucking up CPU cycles as their desires are thwarted. My machine is a 3GhZ P3 with 2 gig of ram, but even so the game stutters & slows to a crawl from the constant cycle of household sims being denied access to the coffin room. Every non-vamp sim in the house has their bedtime programmed into Sleep Clocks in other rooms. All double beds in the house are LizzLoves autonomous ones, which can be reserved, but the single beds in the kids/teens rooms aren't reservable. I'd try Inge's global bed reservation patch, but Simlogical.com no longer exists to house her stuff, so I don't know where I can find it. Can someone help...please?
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
Re: moronic coffin obsession revisited...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 13, 03:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nectere and Blue Soup have Inges stuff at the Laden Swallow. I think the link is in Necteres siggy, if not do a search on the boards here
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 13, 03:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.nectere.net/smf
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 13, 03:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, hopefully this will cure them!
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 13, 05:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, ok, I went through all the threads with Inge's stuff, and didn't find a description for the reservable beds global mod, but found an OwnBeds.package file that didn't have a corresponding description. Is that what I'm looking for?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 05:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coffins operate differently from beds, so I doubt the Ingelogical patch will cover it. What you can try is the new APO's experimental "Set Route Blocking" option available on shift-click. Alternatively, shut off Free Will and put your sims on Power Idle, which should silence most of the obnoxious behaviors, period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 13, 06:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried having free will off & just leaving sims on Auto Power Idle, but that doesn't really match with how I like to play, so free will has to stay. As for the APO "Set Route Blocking" option, how do I access this? I tried shift-clicking on the APO controller but didn't get any different options than when clicking on it normally.

BTW, it was suggested in the other thread that the reservable beds patch would help by preventing sims with reserved beds from wanting to sleep in the coffin, just trying to figure out whether the package I found is that patch so I can try it.

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 13, 06:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried having free will off & just leaving sims on Auto Power Idle, but that doesn't really match with how I like to play, so free will has to stay. As for the APO "Set Route Blocking" option, how do I access this? I tried shift-clicking on the APO controller but didn't get any different options than when clicking on it normally.
You need to turn debug mode on. This option is currently in the experimental phases.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 13, 09:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively... you can try this and see if that helps you any. It should turn off autonomy for non-vamps at least, when it comes to trying to use it for sleep. There are some other tweaks that I added, and the animation isn't quite perfect, but I still find it amusing.

It is a global hack that changes all default coffins (it most likely will not affect cloned coffins). It also should work fine with APO, simlogical doors, and the sleepclock, and it also shouldn't interfere with any other beds.

Vampires should still be able to use coffins autonomously, and you should still be able to use the sleepclock with coffins.

Ste

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 13, 16:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, late last night I installed Inge's security door/token system in the room. It has the added benefit of keeping banned sims from even knowing what's behind the locked door, so at bedtime nobody even attempted to sleep in the coffin at all. At last its eerie siren song has been silenced! For the way I play, this seems to be the best solution so far. Thanks all for your assistance!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: