More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:42:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim Murder
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim Murder  (Read 16533 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Sim Murder
« on: 2006 May 10, 17:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone hear this? Is it true? http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=16108 and IS the coding there?  Shocked
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Sim Murder
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 10, 17:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope it is still in there.  Cassandra deserves to be choked.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 10, 19:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one would LOVE to be able to have my sims be able to murder eachother. It would make my serial killer sim so much more interesting than just having him lock unsuspecting people in a cage in his basement and letting them die of starvation or using hacked poison bottles on them. Perhaps someday when animations have been properly sorted out, murders of all shapes and sizes will be possible.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 10, 20:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh that would be amazing!!! Id love to have a serial killer sim, or a poor desperate housewife driven to extreems .....

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 10, 20:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I just have to find where the neck-wringing codes are so I can wring Hobbsee's scrawny pencil neck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 10, 21:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, Oh Great One, the blood of three virgin goats be spilled upon your alter......
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 10, 22:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe TS2 was toned down, and was a reason why Will Wright abandoned it and started his Spore project.  Heck, they even toned down "WooHoo", which was a lot more "graphic" in the first game.

I was thinking when I was playing Veronaville "Romeo and Juliet can't be done right without murder" it could have been pulled at the last minute I guess. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 10, 22:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking when I was playing Veronaville "Romeo and Juliet can't be done right without murder" it could have been pulled at the last minute I guess.
Yeah, it didn't quite feel right when Romeo couldn't kill Tybalt in a fight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 10, 22:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made Romeo and Tybalt fall in love and get married.  I killed them with kindness.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 10, 22:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's vicious! Also very funny, as the local Bardic expert (not MATY-local, my school-local), I hereby give you the Bardic Stamp of Approval. Of course, they should be Antonio and Sebastian, but that's several other plays...

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 11, 01:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the anims are kind funny...

Sloppy Gross out - Pick booger/offer booger accept reject etc...

eesh...

and cake delivery? now why would they take that out?
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 11, 06:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just another of the many things theyve 'not bothered' to do anything with ..... hopefully a modder can correct maxis again!

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 11, 12:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they will put it in a future EP = and we could do a murder mystery whodunnit type thing - that was one of the options I voted for.  If I want to get rid of an annoying sim I make them so miserable they commit suicide courtesy of InSim (or sometimes not so miserable lol)

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 11, 20:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think watching a sim kill another sim would be sort of disturbing.  Sure, I know, it's not real life, but kids do play it, and I find that a little uncomfortable.

I mean, it's ok if I kill them.  But them killing each other seems wrong.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 11, 21:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they can blow a guy's head off just to take their car in other games.  What's the difference?  I guess R rating vs. T rating.  Too bad EA/Maxis had to go for the bucks and keep it a T. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 11, 22:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they can blow a guy's head off just to take their car in other games.  What's the difference?  I guess R rating vs. T rating.  Too bad EA/Maxis had to go for the bucks and keep it a T.
It's interesting to note that violence does not exclude a game from retaining its T rating, as long as graphic blood and gore are not present.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 11, 23:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't let my kid play a game where he blows another guy's head off just to take a car.  If you look at the two games, Grand Theft Auto is clearly a game for adults.  The Sims?  Not so much.  I mean, who would have thought a dollhouse game would appeal to adults?  Yes, we're sad and somewhat pathetic adults, but we're adults.

I guess the way I look at is is - Grand Theft Auto is an adult game that some adults let their kids play.  The Sims is a teen game that adults play.  I really don't feel the lack for not being able to strangle Cassandra Goth or going all Manson on Nina and Dina Caliente.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 12, 00:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be able to slap on command or smack a sim in the head with a frying pan. If a jealous sim can slap the hell outa a sim, why can't any sim, esp. a wife or a husband, smack the bejeevers outa their mate on command?? Every jealous person does not react with a amd slap, that was Maxis' choice. Why not slapping on command? A choking here and there would be nice too.

A nice killing and the ability to be arrested and 'go to jail' for x number of months or running from the cops would be hilarious. (IN the game, not in RL)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 12, 00:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting to note that violence does not exclude a game from retaining its T rating, as long as graphic blood and gore are not present.

And boobies. Can't forget the boobies. They will bring about the downfall of civilization as we know it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 12, 01:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, boobies are so terrible, you know? Even though for a T-rated game, a goodly half of the population probably already has 'em.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 12, 02:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they aren't supposed to LOOK at them!  Geez, JM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 12, 03:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they aren't supposed to LOOK at them!  Geez, JM.
How do you not look at them when they're right there in front of you every time you look down?

And don't tell me people aren't supposed to look down, either. That's good way to step on a booby trap and get killed.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 12, 04:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's the 'looking down' that's the booby trap where you get killed...
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 12, 17:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we're sad and somewhat pathetic adults, but we're adults.

Hey! I don't think I'm sad or somewhat pathetic. I'm manic and very pathetic, thankyouverymuch! Geez, some guys just go assuming everything from just a few posts on one forum....
nevermind

As for the violence, I'm two ways here...Yes, there is already some cartoon (Road Runner/Coyote) violence in our favorite game, but I don't think we need any autonomous domestic violence. Personally, I believe there's enough of that in real life. On the other hand, it is a life simulator....and some of do try to simulate RL with it....
*shrugs* I just don't know where the line is, here...but I know there is one.

As for the booby trap, if you were to keep staring down at my boobies, I'd smack you pretty hard. No trap, that's an open statement. Smiley

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 12, 21:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I don't think we need any autonomous domestic violence.

I think you've defined the issue right there. I don't want *autonomous* violence, I want *commandable* violence. I want to be able to have this sim slap that one, or this one kill that one, or to recreate even a child's death by choice but not forced.

If what existed in the coding as it was were situations that happened without player input, I'm not surprised there were a lot of complaints.

Uh and what's so adult about stealing a car? And there's lots of violence in kid's games. My son likes that console game that Dreamworks and Disney did together and it's lots more violent than the sims - the player can hit NPCs, even their friend NPCs... and beat them up and the like. Not to mention the monsters. Still as it's populated with Goofy and the like, I doubt anyone would consider it an "adult" game.

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: