More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:23:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I have issues..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have issues..  (Read 5651 times)
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
I have issues..
« on: 2006 May 09, 19:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was given Family Fun Stuff for my birthday this year (gee thanks) and promptly took it off a day or so after installing.  I know that I never should have installed the damn thing but my issue is this--my game loads fine but if I leave the neighborhood chooser screen up too long (from 20 secs to a minute) my camera starts to act like it has parkinsons.  It starts from the neighborhood choser and gets worse; the actual neighborhood cars jerk like an old woman is driving them and we won't even go into how the houses act.  It seems if I'm quick and go right in this doesn't always happen.  My graphics have also gone from ok to terrible.  This damn FUN pack seems to have told my game that I have a shitty graphics card, (which I do Nvidia Geforce FX 5200) but everything ran semi-normal before.  The fun pack is removed, so why am I not running the way I was before?  Did something get reset? Is there anyway to fix this other than buying a new video card which I refuse to do..thank you very much.  Does the damn pack not actually uninstall unless I unstall the whole deal? 

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: I have issues..
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 09, 20:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should uninstall when you uninstall it - did you have a camera mod before?  If you did, it probably would have been overwritten when you installed FFS.

And you have a better video card than I do, and I don't have this problem.  Have you checked your settings to see if they are where you left them?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 09, 20:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some game settings issue after installing OFB, deleting the userProps.xml file helped. The file regenerates when you next start the game, it's in C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config folder. No guarantee it'll help and back up before you try though. Tongue
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 09, 20:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a camera mod since Nightlife and my settings are where I left them, I can't stand to have them anywhere else but cranked all the way up lol.  *shrugs* Was never a problem before.

I'll try your suggestion CS, maybe it's that simple.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 10, 20:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

even after uninstalling faminly fun there were still some stray files on my system.  i only realized this after uninstalling everything normaly and trying to reinstall.  the game would freeze after putting in university disk 2.  i finally realized what the problem was after clearing the misc files from both my profile and my husbands (win XP).

The End.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 10, 22:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the stray files, collections, houses and such, which is why I was wondering why my game was acting screwy.  Deleting the userProps file doesn't seem to have made a difference and I hate to uninstall with the damn patches and dial up.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 10, 23:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah, that's why you backup the entire \Ea games\The sims 2\ folder and restore it if you are downgrading expansion (shopping) packs.

Don't mix and match.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 11, 20:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lets try the easy stuff first, Delete Groups.cache and the folder Config and try the game to see if that fixed it. If it didn't try going to where you installed the game and see if there is still a folder named "The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff" if it is still there delete it or move it to your desktop, try the game again.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 12, 00:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, I usually don't back anything up, which has come back to bite me in the ass several times..err..don't rub it in mmkay? Tongue

Simsbaby..I constantly delete groups.cache, there is no folder in my game directory and I'll try your other suggestion.

Thank you all for the help.  Kiss

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: