More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:25:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone cracked the Infuence to Clean bug that uses up all the Uni food?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone cracked the Infuence to Clean bug that uses up all the Uni food?  (Read 7966 times)
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Anyone cracked the Infuence to Clean bug that uses up all the Uni food?
« on: 2005 July 18, 00:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you tell a Sim to influence someone to clean the dorm, the cleaning Sim will stand in the kitchen area and dispose of the food as fast as the cook can make it.  While amusing to watch the hungry Sims try to grab the bowl of mac and cheese before the cleaning Sim gets them all, I gotta think that someone has created a fix for this, but have not found it anywhere.  Is there a fix out there for this?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Anyone cracked the Infuence to Clean bug that uses up all the Uni food?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 18, 01:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't a fix for this. I discovered this amusing bit of logic when doing Macrotastics, and fixed it there, but the influence one remains wonky, didn't touch that one. Not worth it. Influence is just not important enough that you'd want to waste it on that anyway. And why would you waste it cleaning a dorm? It's not like it's your mess or your house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 17:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Influence is just not important enough that you'd want to waste it on that anyway. And why would you waste it cleaning a dorm? It's not like it's your mess or your house.

Two reasons.  First, if the cafeteria worker has set off the sprinklers by burning food, the cafeteria has such a low enviro score that the sims complain regularly about it, which is annoying.  Influencing a NPC to clean up all the puddles is less work than cleaning it up yourself.

Second, it annoys me when my sims either have to use a filthy toilet or clean it themselves before using it.  It's more time-efficient to get an NPC to clean all the toilets if several of them are covered in radioactive green scum.

Typically I tell the cafetria worker to do it, since it avoids the 3 stooges routine of the target cleaner madly getting rid of food while the cafeteria worker rushes to replace it.  Sure, it costs 2500 influence, but who cares?  My sims generally have full influence meters all the time anyway.  Besides influence-to-clean, the only worthwhile influence actions are "do assignment" and "write term paper."  "Serve meal" would be OK if it didn't generate a plate full of useless Pepsi most of the time.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 20:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend getting "Less Whiny". It gets rid of the pointless whining.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 19, 21:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this in a dorm the other day, but it also happened in a regular house.  What annoys me most though is the way the stupid dorm cook clears all the meals before he/she leaves for the night.  I have to hover around so I can delete them before they do it, sometimes even having to remove a plate of food out of their hands.  I did ask for a hack for this a while back somewhere or other but I don't think anyone noticed.  Sigh.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 21:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the idea is to keep there from being rotting food lying around all night so your dorm becomes infested with puking dormies. Thus, the food is preemptively disposed of because it would go bad overnight.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to have at least one dormie (controllable) who is a neat freak.  That way whenever there's stuff needing cleaned, I can use the Macrotastics Clean.  Since neat sims like cleaning, they gain Fun while doing this, making them ready to sit down and do some research or an assignment.  The rest of the Sims on the lot can be as slobby as you like and never have to even contemplate washing dishes.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 20, 02:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the idea is to keep there from being rotting food lying around all night so your dorm becomes infested with puking dormies. Thus, the food is preemptively disposed of because it would go bad overnight.
OK, I can appreciate that, but the food is often cleared-up seconds after it was cooked and put out!  No way is it going to go bad in 4 hours.  I then end-up with several of my own Sims all trying to cook at the same time when there were 4 meals sitting there they could have eaten.  Most annoying.  In any case, since I put a hack in for visitors to not leave at the normal time, the dormies have gone all nocturnal.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 02:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I have my Sims clean up the dorms. It helps give them cleaning skill points, which is always good to boost up. Some of them even enjoy being neat freaks.

Can you hire a maid at dorms?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 20, 02:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Diala
Can you hire a maid at dorms?

You can indeed, but you have to pay her/him, just like in the regular neighborhood.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: