More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:03:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Taster's Choice
| | | |-+  Testers Wanted: Sims 2 Collection Creator
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted: Sims 2 Collection Creator  (Read 49944 times)
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted: Sims 2 Collection Creator
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 22, 04:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great tool! Loving it.  My only issues have already been mentioned, i.e.; wanting recolors to show up, and being able to select more than one object at once.  Otherwise this has been a tool dropped from the gods Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 24, 19:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, should've replied to this when I first saw it then got distracted. Shocked

Another question/suggestion. Is it possible to make it so you can select more than one item with the individual item button? For example, I wanted to add several new items to an existing collection, and it would have been a lot easier to select those five or six items at once than to click and browse five or six times. I ended up going the batch route and it didn't throw up, but I haven't checked to see if the collection is okay in the game yet.

Well, so far as I know, with the way I've got it set up there's no way to have it select more than one file with the Common Dialog control at a time. Sorry. Sad

Great tool! Loving it.  My only issues have already been mentioned, i.e.; wanting recolors to show up, and being able to select more than one object at once.  Otherwise this has been a tool dropped from the gods

LOL, thanks. Cheesy I too think it would be nice to have the recolors in collections as well, but I guess unless Maxis changes the way the collections work we won't be able to. Undecided

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 24, 19:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okey dokey, works for me. And anytime we can blame Maxis for something, I'm happy Cheesy

"Dropped from the gods" is right. You truly are to be worshipped  Grin

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 04, 06:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Jfade, I just downloaded your Collections Creator and I think it is a -fantastic- idea!  I don't know how long I've been frustrated with the way Maxis handles collections.

There's just one hitch, and this has nothing to do with how the program functions. It works just fine for me. The problem is, being significantly less awesome than most here, I have no idea what these files -are-.  I'm a skinner and clothing-maker, not a hard-core modder.  So when I look at "0043545ffffakka.package" my mind goes... "okay wtf IS that, and how do I know if I want to add it to this collection?" LOL!

(Yeah, yeah, okay. You can poke me with pointy sticks now! Tongue)

The point I'm making is that the "regular joe" trying to use this program needs some hint what the .package files actually are--i.e., a name, or picture, or description of the object needs to pop up when they click or right-click on the different items. Otherwise they're just going to stare at it in confusion and post really fucking stupid questions many support requests. Know what I mean?

But yeah, the existing program functions just fine. I'm just too dumb to know what I'm doing!  Cheesy

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to charitable causes! - 90% goes to me!*
.......Which come to think of it is kinda the same thing. :-/
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 04, 11:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coyote, the best way to handle this is when you initially d/l custom content.  The way that I do it is to download a set or something, go into Windows Explorer (or the file manager of your choice) and check the names of everything.  If they have nonsense number names, I look at them with Clean Installer or SimPE to see what exactly they are, and then I rename them and put them in folders by category.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 July 05, 17:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just too dumb to know what I'm doing!  Cheesy

1) This is not a good thing.
2) This is not jfade's fault.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 July 23, 21:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, I am going to break MATY rules and say thank you. I've been using this program for awhile now and it has saved me so much time and frustration that if you were nearby, I'd kiss you.

I've never come across any problems with this version as far as bugs and things go, but I have to know; will you be updating with a version that will work with walls and floors? I have tons of walls that need to be categorized, and I am loathe to try to do it in game.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 July 25, 03:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Cheesy I want to make a new version to support walls and floors, but the problem is that I still haven't figured out how the game references the Walls/Floors. :-/ I am going to keep trying to figure out the hashing stuff, but no promises because I suck at anything related to hashing. Smiley There is one person who I think has it figured out, and I asked but received no reply as of yet. Then again, it was an EZPM and ezboard is good at eating PMs. (Wouldn't be the first time this has happened, heh.) So I'll email them and see if they know. If not, I'll go back to trying to figure out the hashing stuff myself. Smiley

I'll keep you all posted though. Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 July 25, 13:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clothing would be nice, too -- it's a pain to have to go into CAS all the time to clean out all the clothes us download junkies have accumulated. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 13, 02:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all of you who still use this regularly, note that a shiny new version 2.0 is available for download at my site, so try it out! Smiley

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 23, 01:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, jfade!

Clothing would be nice, too -- it's a pain to have to go into CAS all the time to clean out all the clothes us download junkies have accumulated. Smiley

Yep, clothing collections would be handy.  I've just started playing with Warlock's BodyShape, and my clothing count is increasing by leaps and bounds!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: