More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:37:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Called for date but no neighborhood places to choose
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Called for date but no neighborhood places to choose  (Read 4585 times)
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Called for date but no neighborhood places to choose
« on: 2006 May 03, 09:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really weird. My sim has had a couple of dream dates, so she got a call from a friend of the dream date. These people come with the green shading on them (like the furious state but with positive results)

In any event, this sims asks if my sim wants to go out on a date. If I choose Yes, it loads the taxi screen but there isn't anything to choose from - neither the Campus or the Base neighborhood are listed. Which means none of the commercial properties are listed, so she can't go on the date. All I can do is cancel, but that results in having the caller being "stood up"

I looked therough the logs & noticed that there was an Access_Violation. This happened 2 different times, once in C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpsp2res.dll & the other time in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSBin\Sims2EP3.exe

So, I just stopped accepting the invitation, but do you know what is causing this?

Thanks!

Jane
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Called for date but no neighborhood places to choose
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 03, 11:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you actually have a downtown neighbourhood? Downtown is the only place you can go when sims call your playable sim to go on a date/outing.

JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 04, 00:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah - thanks Emma. No, I don't have a downtown attached - just the base & Campus.

Why would Maxis do that? You can go on regular dates anywhere, why would it be only in this situation...... Grrrrr. I really didn't want to attach a downtown or shopping dstrict - trying to keep the number of Maxis townies to a minimum.

Thanks for explaining this, though. At least i know why it's happeneing!

Jane
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 04, 08:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad that is all it is-at least it isn't broken Cheesy Maxis did it to force you into creating a downtown area Wink

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 04, 13:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would Maxis do that? You can go on regular dates anywhere, why would it be only in this situation...... Grrrrr. I really didn't want to attach a downtown or shopping dstrict - trying to keep the number of Maxis townies to a minimum.

On the plus side, the 'downtownies' are usually a lot better looking than the regular townies.  And without a downtown, you don't get the vampires, or the very rich Diva and Mr. Big -- handy for those fortune sims who want to 'marry a rich sim'. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 04, 22:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - forced to make a downtown area but can't force University careers as LTWs on our sims, can they?

bah
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: