More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:40:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Piano fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Piano fix?  (Read 2409 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Piano fix?
« on: 2006 May 02, 14:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there was a thread here awhile back about the piano not providing fun and I just wanted to note what I have seen lately since I just reinstalled and have no mods currently.

I think there was some difference in that some people reported it was still happening even after a patch supposedly fixed it and I think I have found the problem.  I never used to have any problems with my pianos providing fun (first because of a mod, then because of the patch with no mod) but it suddenly happened at a couple's house in my new hood but not until AFTER they "tuned" it.  Amazingly enough I realized that I almost never have to tune those things and that must be why I had never noticed. 

So... I think it is actually a problem with the "tuning".   Even though successfully tuned the piano stops providing fun on the "practice" option.  Force error didn't work but just buying a new one did.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Piano fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 02, 15:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to the top message in this thread here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=7.0  and pick whichever directory has the mods for the 'highest' add-on episode pack you have.  You'll find 'pianofix.zip' in the /hacks directory.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 02, 18:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jsalemi! I did need that patch and forgot about it till I read this post.

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 03, 16:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, by the "hole in the world" in your sig, do you mean that the Death Star cannon needs more power, in order to produce a proper world-destroying explosion rather than simply a large crater, or that the beam width was set too narrow and we should use a wider beam in order to blow it up as opposed to merely drilling a tiny hole through it?

Activate super beam cannon! FIRE!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: