More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:59:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Change Iris + A Useless & Stupid Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Change Iris + A Useless & Stupid Request  (Read 6942 times)
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Change Iris + A Useless & Stupid Request
« on: 2006 April 25, 05:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There probably is a mod that allows you to change your iris (contacts!) so I'll just ask if anyone knows where I might find it?

As for the stupid request: Do the load screen messages of the past 2 expansions annoy the heck out of anyone besides me? They've gotten a lot less witty to the point of retarded and I SO MUCH prefer those of original/Uni's. Could there be a hack that randomizes which edition it loads from or, just let us choose which edition we like? I mean sometimes these messages are so dumb that when I got nohting else to do to kill that couple minutes I wind up reading them and start my game off in a bad mood =(
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Change Iris + A Useless & Stupid Request
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 25, 05:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can just download contacts as makeup or glasses or something. (Lyran has a lot of them, for instance)

I don't mind the load messages.  If you don't like them, then it's prolly best to not read them (why would you let it put you in a bad mood?  That's just silly).
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 25, 05:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can customize the load messages by editing UIText.package (in $OFB install directory\TSData\Res\Text\). Look for "EP3 - Startup Strings". Make sure to make a backup before trying this.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 25, 07:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can customize the load messages by editing UIText.package (in $OFB install directory\TSData\Res\Text\). Look for "EP3 - Startup Strings". Make sure to make a backup before trying this.

Thanks, but that file doesn't appear to be in text format. What should I be editing it with?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 25, 08:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE.  I checked it out, it's pretty cool.
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 25, 08:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE.  I checked it out, it's pretty cool.

Can't run SimPE on XP64 =(
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 25, 08:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can edit it for you if you like and send you the re-done file?

Not that I know what an XP64 is....
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 25, 08:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can edit it for you if you like and send you the re-done file?

Not that I know what an XP64 is....

That would be great, thanks!

I meant Windows XP 64-bit Edition, u kno, suppsoedly the future of computers cuz of all the 64-bitsy stuff but you really don't see anything different other than the fact u can't run any 16-bit programs and many programs that dig deep into the system or what not.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 25, 08:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, well let me know what you want me to edit it to, which is the latest EP you have (and Family Fun is considered an EP in SimPE)...PM me and let me know.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 25, 18:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the stupid request: Do the load screen messages of the past 2 expansions annoy the heck out of anyone besides me? They've gotten a lot less witty to the point of retarded and I SO MUCH prefer those of original/Uni's. Could there be a hack that randomizes which edition it loads from or, just let us choose which edition we like? I mean sometimes these messages are so dumb that when I got nohting else to do to kill that couple minutes I wind up reading them and start my game off in a bad mood =(

Wow, I hardly ever look at the load screen messages.

The load music, though, I do enjoy listening to that. I like OFB's load music more than some of the other EPs, but on the other hand, I wouldn't bother trying to change it if I didn't like it.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 25, 18:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the load screen messages personally, but I hate all the music in the game.  I've muted it so I no longer have to listen to it.  Grin

BoneChewer, I'll do it tonight, and I'll have to sort out how to get it to you since I think my Internet is down at home.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 25, 22:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Blue... the music is one of the things I really like about the Sims. I love hearing my Sims play the piano, too.

In fact, I'll throw parties just because I LOVE seeing my Sims dance.

I've even sat and simply listened to the music in Buy/Build mode.

I know, I'm weird.  Tongue

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 25, 23:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you love seeing them dance to music, imagine how funny it is to see them with no music playing!  Cheesy
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 26, 01:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even turn my sound on when I'm playing. Not a big fan of simlish, sims music, or the sounds the cars make going to and fro. I figure, if I don't like the bulk of the sounds, I might as well just play on mute.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 26, 02:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the voices and the sound effects, so that's why I don't mute altogether.  I have made the voices quieter though; sometimes they can grate on the nerves.  I used to play with headphones when I shared a place, so I guess I'm just used to it.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 26, 02:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Blue... the music is one of the things I really like about the Sims. I love hearing my Sims play the piano, too.

In fact, I'll throw parties just because I LOVE seeing my Sims dance.

I've even sat and simply listened to the music in Buy/Build mode.

I know, I'm weird.  Tongue
LOL! God, I thought I was one of the only people who didn't hate Sims music, some songs the have on the stereo I actually don't mind listening to. The buy and build mode music I don't mind, on low volume though. Tongue

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 26, 03:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, BoneChewer, I've altered the messages to the ones you requested (the base game + Uni, although I am not sure how many of them show up before the game is done loading).

It does work though.  I've had two people test it for me, and they both said the last one goes by too fast to see what it is lol.  Some of them seem to go by fast, and some of them not so much.

Instructions:

Back up the following file:  Program Files/EA Games/OFB/TSData/Res/Text/UIText.  Download this file and put it in the same directory.  Load the game and voila, it's like TS2 all over again!  To revert back, simply remove the package and replace with your backup.

* UIText.zip (529.41 KB - downloaded 135 times.)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 26, 09:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The onlt start up message that pisses me off is the one about mitigating time stream discontinuities ... man! Talk about not doing exactly what it says on the tin.  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Bone Chewer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 27, 08:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried it.. didn't have time to play today but i saw 'em! its awesome! don't think i saw uni's and yes the last msg flew by fast but thanks a bunch!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 28, 06:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that last message always flies by too fast--don't believe I've ever seen it.

Oh, and Blue, I think XP64 is the 64-bit version of the XP operating system.  Most computers run 32-bit, but from what I understand 64-bit is much spiffier, but finding drivers and such for it is a bit tricky.  Of course that's what I read a couple of months ago.  By now everything could've changed!

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 02, 17:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! God, I thought I was one of the only people who didn't hate Sims music, some songs the have on the stereo I actually don't mind listening to. The buy and build mode music I don't mind, on low volume though. Tongue

There's a couple of stations I really like, especially the "College Rock" one, but I've gotten tired of the limited number of songs by now so I tend to turn the whole thing down and listen on my headphones to my own music now. I miss how you could just put shortcuts to MP3s into the folders in Sims1, instead of the whole file - I like to keep my music in one folder, not spread out into the game folders, and anyway I lost a lot of the MP3s when I reinstalled the game (silly me thinking it would be left alone) so I'm not going to do that again Tongue
SimMoon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 02, 18:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I requested a few months ago from Barcelonista to make some contacts that could be used like makeup. She was quick to get these to me and they are in the "eyeshadow" catagory when you install them. Here is the link:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=130615

I hope you like them as much as I do.

Cheesy

SimMoon

The Sims 2 Elegance
There's a hole in the world tonight; don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.
---------------------------------------------
Eagles 2005 Farewell Tour
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: