More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 23:20:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why are you crying now?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why are you crying now?  (Read 6292 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Why are you crying now?
« on: 2006 May 02, 09:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some strange sim behavior that I can't seem to figure out.

Italy & Steven have been together since they were teens...each other's first loves.  Went to college together...engaged...married...3 kids in the mix.  I recently caught Steven being unfaithful in his sister-in-law's toy shop of all places with none other than his freaking niece (by marriage...at least heh)...totally autonomous hookup between the two...creepy but whatever. 

But besides that little incident I've got to deal with now, there are no prior memories of loves (no mystery sim memories either), ect.All the children belong to Steven, yadda yadda.  So I was quite surprised to see Katie, their youngest, bawling her eyes out when her parents started making out in front of her.  Granted, I might have started crying if I had to witness my parents making out in front of me too lol  Anyways, I thought at first maybe it was just some left over tears from getting her ass kicked by her brother for the 10th time, but I clicked on her and sure enough Steven was in her cue along with "cry softly".  I checked her relationship with Steven and it had dropped dramatically.

Okay..so she has decided that she now hates her dad rather suddenly and I have no idea why.  They had a 100/100 relationship since she's been a toddler practically...and her parents have been physically affectionate before in front of her and she's been fine.  Is this some kind of misplaced loyalty for the niece/cousin that cheated with Steven, now dubbed the neighborhood's creepy uncle?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Why are you crying now?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 02, 09:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I have experienced this before in my very related neighbourhood. The kids think dad is cheating on his niece...with their mother.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 02, 09:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is some kind of annoying and incomprehensible bit of non-logic that apparently goes away in the Romance mod. I wasn't able to understand it at all, so I had most of it rewritten.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 02, 12:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish maxis would hire you already.  Smiley

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 02, 19:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto, simsbaby.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 02, 20:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor kid, doesn't know whether she's coming or going.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 03, 03:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar situation where Don & Nina's son caught Don cheating with SimBrynne and now whenever he sees his parents kissing or sleeping in the same bed, he goes berserk.  The ridiculous thing is, he hates SimBrynne!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 03, 04:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims are programmed to react negative to ANY cheating of one of their parents, so it's quite natural to response negative to their ex-dad, cheating with their mom on his present wife.

I had it too, when Grunt's kids cried softly, when Grubt made out to his new wife, although Buck even don't remember Lyla. But when I resurrected Lyla - they didn't pay any attention to their parent's behaviour.

From then on, I always sent the Grunts to the community lot, away from the spying eyes of the kids, and never added to the household  the graduated sons - two is a company, three is a crowd...Smiley.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 03, 06:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes Gali but I think you misunderstood or I miss understood you, I'm not sure which.
There is no divorce what so ever..kid's mom and dad are still together and happily married up to this point.  She gets upset at the very sight of seeing her own mother and father together.

I still need to check out the romance mod sometime or perhaps I will just play into it.  Sometimes it's more interesting if all my little families are not happy all the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 03, 16:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly have no idea how to explain what the hell is going on. The logic was utterly baffling and in the end, I more or less ordered that it be torn apart and rewritten. I couldn't even wrap my mind around it myself. Frankly it makes no sense and my brain explodes just thinking about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 04, 22:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That WTFness is why I love the Romance mod even though I have to do workarounds occasionally to go on with the story. I've also noticed that Sims don't get furious over witnessing cheating anymore thanks to the mod, or maybe I've just had them be -too- discreet? I don't miss the trashcans getting kicked, but it was kind of nice to see them getting mad on behalf of their cheated-on relatives.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 05, 02:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be getting discreet. Also, if the "cheated on" is unknown to the sim, or not someone he really cares about one way or another, he won't care, AND they have to actually be in a committed relationship, not some random person. Also, romance sims will never care, and if the person allegedly cheated on is a romance sim, the witnesser won't care either, that's just reaping what you sow.

Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 05, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would using SimPE to make it so the parents aren't in love with anyone other than each other fix this? Or is it a memory that needs to be deleted?

Eschew Obfuscation.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 05, 21:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would using SimPE to make it so the parents aren't in love with anyone other than each other fix this? Or is it a memory that needs to be deleted?
The only answer is to install the Romance Mod. Everything else makes my brain hurt.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: