More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 01:37:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Import Strangetown and Veronaville into Pleasantville - Can it be done?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Import Strangetown and Veronaville into Pleasantville - Can it be done?  (Read 40933 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Import Strangetown and Veronaville into Pleasantville - Can it be done?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 May 09, 22:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have NL - in fact, I was talking about doing something similar to what you're doing in another thread here (but your knowledge vastly outstrips mine.  My knowledge is a puddle to your ocean.  A molehill to your mountain.  A dogfish to your Megalodon.)

How involved is the editing for the DNA/Memory/Etc?  Are we talking rebuilding the sims from scratch?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 May 09, 22:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have NL - in fact, I was talking about doing something similar to what you're doing in another thread here (but your knowledge vastly outstrips mine.  My knowledge is a puddle to your ocean.  A molehill to your mountain.  A dogfish to your Megalodon.)

Heh. I just love figuring out these problems. When the neighborhoods refused to work, it was a challenge I couldn't resist. Believe it or not, when I got Sims 2, I had never heard the words "hex," "binary," or any other modding terms. I learned it by doing exactly what you are doing, picking some project and figuring out how to make it work. And I'm no expert still. But I DO believe I'm the first to actually mess with the default templates. Or at least I never heard of anyone doing it before I did it myself... I searched all over for any sort of tutorial or even a point in the right direction, and there was absolutely nothing.

How involved is the editing for the DNA/Memory/Etc?  Are we talking rebuilding the sims from scratch?

It's pretty simple, actually. You have all the information in front of you, you just plug it in. You certainly don't rebuild sims from scratch. Most have minor problems, like a missing line in their DNA. You just plug a line of code into that line and that's it. All the info is already available right here at MATY and there are many people who could help you along. There are also  picture tutorials around. I'd have to search to find them again (haven't needed them in a while), but they are there.

Fail.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 May 09, 23:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The DNA thing is something I've been doing anyway, so at least I'm familiar with that.  What kind of memory editing are we talking about?  I've started to dabble in this, since I've resurrected most of the ghost sims in Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville, and several of them don't have memories, so I'm about to embark on a memory-adding frenzy.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 May 10, 01:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The DNA thing is something I've been doing anyway, so at least I'm familiar with that.  What kind of memory editing are we talking about?  I've started to dabble in this, since I've resurrected most of the ghost sims in Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville, and several of them don't have memories, so I'm about to embark on a memory-adding frenzy.

Some sims have corrupt death memories, memories of "unknown" sims, missing memories, and memories that make no sense. You generally don't *have* to edit memories other than to delete ones that can actually cause problems (corrupt and unknown). I do it to make sims a little more well-rounded. If you've already done some DNA editing you've done the hardest part and the rest is simple in comparison.

Fail.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 May 10, 03:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incredibly awesome, SaraMK.  I will be watching the thread to see when and where this will be availabe for download.  As for the minor difference in lot placement, who cares?  I agree with the others that I probably would not have even noticed it.  No big deal. 
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 May 11, 20:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No word from SaraMK for a couple of days... Hope her 'puter didn't blow up when she tried testing this...

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 May 11, 23:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ha. I hope so too. I'm so looking forward to this! I've been wanting this since the game was original released!

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 May 12, 02:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No word from SaraMK for a couple of days... Hope her 'puter didn't blow up when she tried testing this...

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to work on it because of too much crap from real life.

I did finish editing, so it's just sitting on my harddrive right now, waiting to be tested. I'll probably be finished tomorrow.

Fail.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 May 12, 02:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand about that real life stuff.  I am really looking forward to this as well, but I will wait patiently.  Whenever you get around to it.  If I had to try and do this on my own, it would take me forever, if I could do it at all.  So take your time.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 May 12, 17:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, thank you, for testing before releasing!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 May 14, 00:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to have passed testing.

The only glitch I found was Pascal's stupid baby, which gets an alien father on the family tree but is a gender-inverted clone of Pascal in terms of DNA. I'm going to fix that (or try to), and then upload the neighborhood.

Fail.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 May 14, 00:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sara, you have to clear his pregnancy token in SimPE, then make him pregnant with aliens again on the tombstone and speed the pregnancy up (according to Pescado when I asked him this awhile ago).
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 May 14, 00:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed it. Smiley

Fail.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 May 14, 01:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome!  When can we expect it for upload?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 May 14, 02:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm uploading right now to Megaupload and RapidShare. I'm also going to make it available through LimeWire (someone requested that).

BlueSoup also offered to host the file. It's 77MB, so it's not that bad at all.

Fail.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 May 14, 02:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*offers a full dumptruck-sized load of her favorite chocolate to SaraMK in honor of fast work*
(another load to be delivered after I install OFB and therefore have a reason to rejoice)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 May 14, 02:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm uploading right now to Megaupload and RapidShare. I'm also going to make it available through LimeWire (someone requested that).

BlueSoup also offered to host the file. It's 77MB, so it's not that bad at all.

You are my hero! I can hardly wait to download it! I have been wanting this since TS2 first came out! *worship*

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 May 14, 02:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  I'm so excited.  Can't wait.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 May 14, 02:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: 11 minutes for RapidShare, MegaUpload, and LimeWire. A little longer if you want it from Blue's place.

Fail.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 May 14, 02:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't wait!

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 May 14, 03:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, SaraMK's project has been moved to Peasantry, to this thread.  Sara, you can add any other info and change the title, etc. as you need to - I just picked something quickly.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 May 14, 03:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I've been semi watching that thread. But I saw that the latest files where only the 'hood files and not the character files. I thought you needed both?  Huh

Ste

Someone suggested that I would only need to upload the files that changed when I updated them and the neighborhood files are the only ones that changed.  You do have to go through individuals sim descriptions to get their individual DNA but it actually does nothing to the character file.

ISFJ
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: