More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:22:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this mod exist? Sims automatically study for carreer.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this mod exist? Sims automatically study for carreer.  (Read 2987 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Does this mod exist? Sims automatically study for carreer.
« on: 2006 May 14, 00:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if I made a mistake or did I actually see a mod/hack somewhere that would have sims study, bodybuild, or autonoumously do whatever was necessary for that sim to prepare for his next promotion?  if it does exist please tell me where it is located cause I can't find it again.  If it doesn't exist then this would be a great mod. 

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Does this mod exist? Sims automatically study for carreer.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 14, 00:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen autonomous skilling mods (and Sims will do some skill-increasing activities on their own anyway), but I have never seen one that attempted to specifically do the things needed to achieve the next job level, and have no idea if there's anything in the game that would allow a hack to TELL what needed to be done next.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 14, 01:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that hack exists, I'd appreciate a link Smiley

Meanwhile, did you try the Skillinator from Macrotastics? You'd still have to choose which skill should be trained, but then the Skillinator starts a training loop for the selected sim until the skill is maxed out ... un-awesome spoken Wink
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 14, 02:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Rose,

That's it.  The skillinator, that's why I couldn't search and find it.  I knew it had some unique name.  Thanks again.  But if anyone knows of a better one just let me know.

Thanks,

Pcgeekri
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 14, 03:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinator is a very useful mod, I just didn't mention it because it isn't what you asked for -- it's neither autonomous nor any more career related than any other skilling mod I've run across. For actual autonomous study there's Inge's Sensible Study Bookcase at http://www.nectere.net/smf/index.php?topic=116.0 and now that I've found that I can't remember if I've seen others.

Honestly, though, the very nature of autonomous behavior means that your Sims might very well autonomously decide to do something else instead. Rather than trying to convince your Sims to do on their own what you want them to do, it's better to just tell them, and JMP's tools like Skillinator and Macrotastics will let you do so in a way that's still fairly hands-off.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: