More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:29:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Neighborhood History
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhood History  (Read 14861 times)
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Neighborhood History
« Reply #25 on: 2006 May 03, 22:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, Elvie, you're keeping the storyline of Verona close to their play?
 Grin
Call me an English-teacher-freak (I know I am), but it really annoys me that Veronaville is based on Shakespeare's plays but Maxis didn't bother to proofread...How are Benedict and Beatrice supposed to fall in love and end their "play" happily if they're siblings? etc. I'm all set to change everyone's names so I can arrange things properly..maybe B&B will be my Sebastian and Viola (then I'll need a Duke Orsino, a Lady Olivia, Sir Toby Belch, and more) Ooh, I'm suddenly inspired!
 Grin

Yes.  Beatrice and Benedick as brother and sister is totally disgusting.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 May 03, 23:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehehe

I nuke them all and make my own. I learnt this real good from JM. Dint I? LOL!!

Remember Overflowing neighborhoods? Hah! I had an entire population of Rhode Island living in Veronaville and I only had 3 Sim Familys (9 Sims) in Veronaville. The rest was "made by Maxis/EA". So I nuked it and started over.

SimMoon

Hahaha!  I remember back when Maxis would release a new EP for Sims1, I would spend days looking for new ways to kill off Sims. My favorite still has to be the indoor block party. Fireworks! Free grilled burgers! Romantic fireplace! And all from the comfort of indoors. *Smoke detectors and doors not included.  Wink

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 May 03, 23:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know you guys have been talking mostly about Strangetown & Veronaville but I would also be interested in hearing about the deal with the Tricou family

Um and so on and so forth - I'm sure that's boring. I dunno how they all died, but this thread:

http://thesims2downunder.csg2.net/site/viewtopic.php?t=710

says:

Fricorith Tricou died of either electrocution or satellite (it's hard to tell).
Gvaudoin Tricou died of burning.
Rainelle Neengia died of Death by Flies.

Rainelle is the one that fascinates me. I haven't resurrected her because I'd have to set someone to know her and haven't decided how to work that in yet. I'd also love more info if anyone has it.

Yeesh! From the sounds of it, someone put a death curse on their family. Wink

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 May 04, 11:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In true medieval aristocractic fashion - they should have killed each other off ;) And I hafta admit, Kiernan and Jennicor would happily poison each other in my game.

Unsouper
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 May 05, 07:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part A - background to feud

Bios:
Consort - he & Patrizio Monty used to be in business together and then had a falling out
Patrizio - has a grudge against Consort

Memories:
Consort has memories of being best friends with Patrizio, meeting his future wife Contessa and then losing Patrizio as his best friend.  Patrizio has a memory of being best friends with Consort, getting a promotion and then kissing Contessa for the first time. He then loses Consort as a best friend and is fired from his job.

Hypothesis:
The feud is based on Consort & Patrizio being in love with same woman (Contessa) and Consort winning her hand.

Part B - death of Hero

Bios:
Antonio - determined to get to the bottom of his wife's death

Memories:
Romeo has memories of Claudio dying, Olivia dying, getting 2 best friends & Hero dying while all other Monty's have memories with no gaps between deaths of the three (so perhaps they died within a short space of time?)

Conclusion??? - deaths of Claudio, Olivia & Hero may be connected?
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 May 05, 08:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romeo has memories of Claudio dying, Olivia dying, getting 2 best friends & Hero dying while all other Monty's have memories with no gaps between deaths of the three (so perhaps they died within a short space of time?)

Conclusion??? - deaths of Claudio, Olivia & Hero may be connected?

Clearly they all attended a pool party where the ladder was removed. In the chaos of the mass drownings, Romeo cemented some friendships. Death parties = great way to come together in friendship!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 May 06, 05:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily.  The first two might have died on one day, Romeo made a best friend on the next and then Hero died the day after?

The problem is that there are no tombstones that I know of and therefore no ghosts to check and see how they died.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 May 06, 12:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that there are no tombstones that I know of and therefore no ghosts to check and see how they died.

Antonio has a memory of moving house immediately after Hero's death.  All the tombstones of the Capp family are at the mansion but there are no Monty graves.  I wondered if the Monty family moved to that side of Veronaville after the deaths of Claudio, Olivia & Hero?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 May 06, 13:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find Claudio and Olivia's Urns at the main Monty home.  They're toward the back of the house.  Though I have no idea what color their ghosts are.  Hero has no urn/tombstone though.  The cause of her death remains a mystery.

And its pretty obvious that Claudio, Olivia, and even Contessa died very quickly before Maxis decided that Veronaville was ready to be shipped to the game.  Siometimes when you play the main Monty household for the first time you'll see Romeo and Mercutio think about their parent's deaths and sigh about it.  With Consort, sometimes you'll see him thinking about Woohoo with Contessa...

"Necrophillia is bad.  Mmmkay?"

Anyone ever notice any weirdness with Bianca Monty's memories?  She has a green memory of Claudio dying and a red memory of Contessa dying.  Seems a little backwards to me.  And recently I let the game generate a new Veronaville with all 3 of the expansions and noticed even more weirdness.  When I first moved Bianca into a lot she immediately went into extreme asperation failur and got a visit from the therapist.  Then I went to the Summerdream's lot and noticed Tatiana had a crush on Kent Capp.  I never noticed that before OFB.  And I hadn't even moved Kent, Regan, and Cornwall into a lot yet.   Huh

As far as DNA goes Veronaville is pretty screwed up.  I noticed a few interesting things though.  Romeo and Mercutio both have ressesive genes for blond hair.  I've never known pre-made sims to be heterozygous before.  And Miranda Capp is a natural red head.  Where the heck did she get that from?

Oh yeah.  And Tatiana Summerdream swoons after women much like Circe Beaker does with a fresh Strangetown.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 May 06, 18:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....  With Consort, sometimes you'll see him thinking about Woohoo with Contessa...

In Bluewater Village I keep getting Gilbert's mother worrying about her dead husband cheating on her.  I think she's one beer short of a six-pack.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 May 06, 18:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah.  And Tatiana Summerdream swoons after women much like Circe Beaker does with a fresh Strangetown.
Great! Something to spice up that boring place.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 May 06, 23:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis's Veronaville reminds me of that Crappy Romeo and Juliet movie made in 1999.  It was put in modern times and everyone still talked like they were in a shakesphere play.  I didn't play Veronaville because I find the lack of being actually able to kill another sim and the fact that most of these warring families wouldn't actually meet each other just didn't make sense.

Then again, I really don't play Maxian families.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 May 07, 09:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there are quite a few stories on the Exchange about Veronaville worth to read, especially some focusing on Juliet Capp.

Just be aware of the crap stuff like "Here are 3 premade pictures from the Storytelling folder - /me too ignorant to write comments, but maybe that's not the worst thing about the story as it might actually save the readers from cracking her forehead on the table" and the obvious "PLZ RATE HIGH, bookmark, send me praise mails ect.". Mostly those rated with 2 stars...

I can't believe your Bianca married Oberon! Whatever happened to Titania then?
Hey, I found Bianca having a 3 bolt chemistry for Oberon, which made me go like  Shocked , especially as she was illegitimately pregnant with Kent's twins right then.
But she married neither of them ... a first try to simulate pre-arranged marriages  Wink
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 May 07, 12:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oberon & Titania had 3 bolts for each other so I thought I might as well marry them off.  I'm playing Veronaville at the moment but when Nailati releases her face templates I'll ditch it and start a new base hood.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: