More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:38:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone run across a hack like this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone run across a hack like this?  (Read 6034 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Has anyone run across a hack like this?
« on: 2006 May 04, 08:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No swarm at move-out? Anywhere?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Has anyone run across a hack like this?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 04, 08:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I've seen it, I think it may be one of TJ's or Pescados. I'm also pretty sure it was released with either the base game or University Smiley

Not positive though...I haven't got that hack in my folder atm.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 04, 09:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm eagerly awaiting news of such a hack, also!  I don't think it's a Pescadoian hack, though
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 04, 09:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm... durr....I'm on about the 'No aging swarm'

Silly me-take no notice Tongue

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 04, 12:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I just made one of these. Smiley It's available here: http://greensims.net/viewtopic.php?t=2246 until I move it to my site. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 04, 14:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  YAY!   Kiss
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 04, 14:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks jfade.  Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 04, 19:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww... this is actually one of the idiotic behaviours that I kind of find funny and enjoy. Especially when they run out to the taxi. Like even when they move out of dorms. It's funny because it's like... well... I didn't care enough to stop and say goodbye to you and yet you try and pathetically run out after me. Hehe. Silly sims.  Grin

Ste

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 04, 20:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it.  Especially when you move a lot of Sims onto a lot and then a few move out, like with Strangetown.  it's like gridlock twice to get the Sims into the taxi.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 04, 22:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having trouble getting my Sims to notice anything lately - deaths, move-outs - one too many hacks, I suppose. It was kind of cute at first, as I recall, but I can see how it's annoying when they drop everything to go wave...
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 04, 22:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine notice move-outs, but not deaths.  Undecided They cry afterwards, because it's a red memory, but they never 'Cry Softly' anymore when the Reaper is there.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 04, 23:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine notice move-outs, but not deaths.  Undecided They cry afterwards, because it's a red memory, but they never 'Cry Softly' anymore when the Reaper is there.

Yeah, I just finally, finally am getting some elders to die of old age now who I started as toddlers when the Sims 2 first came out last year whenever it was, and when the husband of one shuffled off this mortal coil, his wife didn't even run out to see, she just kept eating away and chatting happily. Roll Eyes With the other one, her lover didn't even get a death memory, though one of their visitors did; her other ex-lover in the house was sad but I got a 'react to dislike' memory since he'd caught her cheating a couple times (I think that was from Pescado's 'enemies get a green death memory' hack). His memory of it ended up being red, though.

Plus, the good memory of the inheritance seems to cancel out the death memory, so they barely cry and then it's on to dirty jokes. I really wish the bad effects of a death memory could be amped up to the level of the custom Inteen miscarriage memory - if they had a good relationship with the dead, anyway. I'm about to start a neighborhood civil war story full of factions and enemies, but it'll suck that they'll hardly notice Tongue Oh well, I'll like it.

Though speaking of elder deaths, has anyone else noticed a random family member always seems to come in uninvited on that day? I've noticed this with both of the recent ones, and I'll have about twelve more to observe shortly Tongue
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 04, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though speaking of elder deaths, has anyone else noticed a random family member always seems to come in uninvited on that day? I've noticed this with both of the recent ones, and I'll have about twelve more to observe shortly Tongue

Yea, I've noticed that -- kids of theirs that live on other lots seem to show up a lot on the last day or two of an elder's life. Or they get phone calls from them.

What amuses me is I've noticed that some elderly sims, primarily romance, pleasure and married family, seem to constantly roll a want to woohoo in their last couple of days.  Even after they do, the same want rolls right back.  Guess they figure they better get it in while they can, or want to be sure they get the drink and the hula girls. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 05, 00:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What amuses me is I've noticed that some elderly sims, primarily romance, pleasure and married family, seem to constantly roll a want to woohoo in their last couple of days.  Even after they do, the same want rolls right back.  Guess they figure they better get it in while they can, or want to be sure they get the drink and the hula girls. Smiley

Definitely noticed that lately as well. One particular pleasure/knowledge couple will never lose that want ever, so I let them go at it to their hearts' content, particularly since I won't have to deal with any more kids from them, heh heh.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 05, 09:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate it.  Especially when you move a lot of Sims onto a lot and then a few move out, like with Strangetown.  it's like gridlock twice to get the Sims into the taxi.
When I was doing this, I first grouped the sims into cages or cells, for sorting purposes, and simply locked them in there until I decided which ones were to be released.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 07, 17:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a new, different example of this last night. Jennifer Burb was on her last day (I wasn't 100% aware of that at the time, though I knew she was close) -- she was living with her son, and he's a romance sim so I was busy keeping him occupied and left her on her own.  She wandered over to the computer around noon to chat (her social was low), and a couple of minutes later the dialog pops up "Do you want to invite Lucy over?".  Turns out she was chatting with her daughter all on her own.  Well, I said yes, Lucy came to the house and hung around the rest of the afternoon, and sure enough, the GR shows up a little after 6pm. 

It's been happening too often to be a coincidence now...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 07, 17:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, never. Never seen that happen, and I tend to detest uninvited visitors, so I'd definitely notice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 07, 19:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[quote author=Lythdan link=topic=4178.msg117592#msg117592 date=1146783365

I hardly have elder deaths. I don't play with a family for that long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: