More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:42:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Something I Noticed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something I Noticed  (Read 7190 times)
ecaguimbal
Asinine Airhead

Open for Business

View Profile
Something I Noticed
« on: 2006 April 29, 06:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this picture, i noticed two unusual things.

1. Is that Nina Caliente carrying a cheesecake from OFB?

2. Why the front door of Goth's house uncolored?

Remember, this screenshot came up with The Sims 2 when it first came out. So there must be no cheesecake at that time. And the door in the picture is uncolored. We know that the door from the game is a stained glass.

I will complete the seven expansions.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Something I Noticed
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 29, 06:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also a poofy hairstyle that don has which is slightly gray that's shown on the extra bonus disk that doesn't appear in the game.  I'm wonder if it's still in the base game and someone just hadn't unlocked it yet.

Don't their faces look slightly more detailed as well?  I think that picture might be from a beta build of the game.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 29, 07:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a layer cake, not a cheese cake. It's from the base game.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 29, 07:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, your sims can make the layer cake in the base game.  It is under Desserts.  I only saw a sim bring one over when visiting once, though.  TwoJeffs said it was in the code but it was unfinished, I think.  He was going to look at fixing it, but it wasn't a priority because a lot of people thought it would be just something else for sims to have to clean up.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 29, 10:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be kind of neat if they brought along cake once ina  while. It has surely never happened in my game, base or not.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 29, 10:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if they could bring the cheap vase over too.
I hope TwoJeffs can get that working.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 29, 11:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay, just what we always never wanted: The return of sims that bring their garbage to your house from TS1. Wasn't that annoying? Can't people just dispose of their trash at their house instead of dumping it on you? Sheesh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 29, 12:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I found the bring present code yesterday, but it is abandoned at a relatively early stage. It would require a lot of fixing (far beyond what I know how to do),
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 29, 18:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see the "give gift" social interaction return.  Remember from Hot Date, you could give homemade jam and diamond rings to people and get a relationship boost?  Wouldn't it be neat if you had, say, a pool table in your inventory and were able to give it as a gift while still on a date? 
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 29, 19:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yay, just what we always never wanted: The return of sims that bring their garbage to your house from TS1. Wasn't that annoying? Can't people just dispose of their trash at their house instead of dumping it on you? Sheesh.

I'm glad I was the the only one consistantly annoyed by the bring crap interaction over.  Seriously there would be times when I didn't even have my sim greet sims that came to the door with stuff.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 30, 04:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uncolored door?  Huh?  It looks like

a.) They didn't include that texture.
b.) They abandoned it.
c.) Photoshopped the image to make it have a different texture.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 30, 09:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I was the the only one consistantly annoyed by the bring crap interaction over.  Seriously there would be times when I didn't even have my sim greet sims that came to the door with stuff.

Same here.  I like the fact though they bring objects to your house if you have a dream date, that at least is useful or you can sell it if you don't need it and have a benefit from it. Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 30, 18:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be rather nice if visitors brought gifts once in a while, at least best friends and family.  Why should they freeload all the time anyway?  Pity they can't bring a bottle of wine.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 01, 00:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the fact though they bring objects to your house if you have a dream date, that at least is useful or you can sell it if you don't need it and have a benefit from it. Smiley

It annoys me when they bring objects to the house. Half the time my sims live on the absolute smallest lots and have no space for a large fountain or whatever, and the gift-giving sim just wanders around the lot FOREVER looking for four tiles to place the telescope, or whatever.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 01, 00:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those gift giving dream dates are pretty damn useful for broke YA's stuck in the dorms though.

"A $5,000 fountain?  Sure!  Just leve it on the front porch."
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 01, 00:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had a Sim (Sophie Miguel no less) drop off a piano on my Sim's back porch (it wouldn't fit on the front).  It's the most useful gift I've gotten.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 01, 02:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, my sims never seem to get gifts very often after having a dream date.  I recently had a Romance sim who met the Count downtown and started dating him.  On the second date, he decides to bite her, and afterwards, he brings her a "Recalling Rug."  I'd never heard of it before.  It's the round, four-tile rug.  Then he calls her up saying he had such a great time, does she want to go downtown again?  So they went, and this time he left her the $3,000 TV.  I don't know if it's because he's a special NPC?  I don't normally let my Sims date townies or downtownies, unless they are Romance sims trying to rack up woohoos.  Cheesy
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 01, 03:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that playable sims leave Dream Date gifts, only townies and downtownies. I don't have my sims date many playables though, unless I have a specific match in mind, and then they usually get married/joined/moved in right away...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 01, 04:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of playable sims leave gifts.  I'm not sure if it made a difference, but one that I remember was a sim who had graduated and moved back home called his fiancee who was still in college for a date at his house.  She left him a fish tank.  Roll Eyes  Which he soon got rid of, because although he appreciated the thought, he could not stop cleaning it all the time.  Anyway, I wonder if that has something to do with it?  I'll try doing some more dates with some uni students in the main hood and see what happens.  Like you, I always have my sims get married as soon as possible, and they never leave gifts when they live the same house, only roses.  I always thought it was silly to go leave roses on your own doorstep.  The other sim never goes to look at them unless you tell them too, so I have to put them away.   Undecided
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 01, 04:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had playable sims leave the dance sphere, deejay booth, expensive statues, the expensive fountain, etc...also sometimes they leave stuff like chairs and stuff. lol

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 01, 09:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember this dirt poor sim giving her very rich boy a §3500 T.V. Did she steal it?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 01, 18:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only dated playables and occasionally they'll bring gifts, but only if it's a Great date, not a Dream Date - they only bring flowers then! It's gotten to where I'll end the date at Great if I want a present out of it and not just the damn flowers that get deleted cuz I'm sick of looking at them. Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: