More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:39:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clothing & hair flags notes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing & hair flags notes  (Read 7497 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Clothing & hair flags notes
« on: 2006 April 29, 01:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread just to summarize my findings thus far of the ‘Flags’ field of the Property Set in clothes and hairstyles.
Major thanks to Morague who first hinted me how to use this field to hide clothes.

Except for the hat setting the flag does not appear to influence anything except decide if content is shown or not in the catalog. Catalog placement itself, as well as skin/age/gender/hairstyle info is decided by other parts of the Property Set.

flag | probable meaning
00  | hair or clothing in catalog (normal)
02  | used in FFS for the nightcap child hats
04  | clothing used as default? (uncertain, see notes)
08  | (some) hair in the ‘styled’ category
0A  | (hair) hat
0C  | completely unknown
0D  | clothing used as  default? (uncertain, see notes)
10  | (Xmas) elder clothing
18  | (Xmas) elder hair in the ‘styled’ category
1A  | (Xmas) elder hats

00 and 0A are "normal".

08 (18) weirdly enough appears on most Maxis ‘styled’ hair, but other styled hair has 00 and still works as styled (because of the hairtone setting). I am not certain what this flag really does or why it is needed.

04 and 0D appear on some clothes of all categories which appear normally alongside 00 clothes. I suspect these clothes are "defaults" for some reason—they appear more often on townies/dormies for example.

10 (and thus also 18 & 1A) only appear on elder clothing from the Xmas pack.

02 is ONLY used by FFS for the children's nightcaps. Again, no clue what its real purpose is. Interestingly enough 02 does not set the hairstyle as a hat.

0C appears ONLY on the "ymbodyshorts_blackaloha" outfit from Uni. Its use and meaning is completely unknown to me. I almost suspect a typo for 0D.

The only important flags appear to be 00 and 0A: 00 is used for most clothes and hairstyles, 0A is used to mark a hairstyle as a hat.
Custom content made with BodyShop appears to be flagged 00 always.

For all the above to hide the item, add "1" to it. So to hide clothing or hair with a flag of 00, make the flag 01. 0A becomes 0B etc.. Only 0C is different: this must become 0E.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 29, 04:57:14 by Jordi » Logged
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Clothing & hair flags notes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 07, 04:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I flag something to be hidden in the catalogue? I have tried tinkering with the files myself, but with no luck so far. I saw that you made some things hidden for certain outfits, but I have a whole slew of custom career outfits I want to be able to hide before I reinstall them.

Thanks for this info, by the way Smiley - not that I am saying thanks or anything....hehe
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 07, 05:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flags are nearly always bitsets, which means only values that are powers of 2 represent "real" flags: 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x08, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x80, etc. Everything which is not one of these values is actually formed by a combination of flags which ARE one of these values.  0x00 is the absence of any flags. This means that 0x0A hats are 0x02 | 0x08, 0x0Cs are 0x04|0x08, and 0x0D is 0x01|0x04|0x08. The value 0x01 must be the "hide" flag.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 07, 05:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great! I will give it a try. No thanks for you because you hate them, so thanks for nothing Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: