More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:04:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hair Mesh Gender Conversion Weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hair Mesh Gender Conversion Weirdness  (Read 4408 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Hair Mesh Gender Conversion Weirdness
« on: 2006 April 28, 04:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, first of all, just so this is clear,

a) I ALREADY KNOW that many hair meshes don't convert from one gender to another without actually changing the mesh, and that this is especially true of trying to convert female hair meshes for males to use,

and

b) I have no intention of mucking around with altering meshes, period. Probably ever, definitely not now.

However, I have found that some female hair meshes with bangs will work at least passably well on male heads if the bangs cover up the gap. I know this because I've managed to get at least one female hair working on a male Sim who I have played for a while in-game, by opening up the file in SimPE and changing the Gender setting. That worked out very well; it's for a specific manga character, and I managed to find a female style that looked a lot like the character's hair, whereas a mesh that someone made specifically FOR their Sim of the character looked nothing like it at all.

Trouble is, most of the time, when I try to do that, I change the gender setting, open Body Shop, see whether it looks ok or not, and if it does, open up the game and see how it looks there... in the game it doesn't work. It comes up as some other hair instead, and doesn't even give me the option to delete it.

What on earth is going on? It worked perfectly in-game once. Anybody have any bright ideas why it wouldn't work a different time?

(Or else I'd settle for some decent long, curly meshes for men. It's hard enough to find remotely useable ones for women.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
Re: Hair Mesh Gender Conversion Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 29, 18:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just in CAS that it's not working? Does it work fine when using Change Appearance? If so, then it might be the same thing I had not too long ago. What I did was start a project in Body Shop with the hair that wasn't working and import it into the game. Then I just deleted the one that couldn't be deleted in-game from the Saved Sims folder.

I don't really know why this happens, though.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 29, 22:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't tried that, but I will, and I'll let you know if it's any help.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 29, 22:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right then. I hope it does help. Smiley

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 30, 05:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, I figured it out -- I had forgotten that there was one more place where I needed to change the gender property. This time around I noticed it, changed it, and it worked just fine in the game without my doing anything extra this time.

At least my From Eroica With Love Sims have some decent hair now!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: