More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:02:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Survey at Official Site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Survey at Official Site  (Read 62242 times)
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Survey at Official Site
« Reply #100 on: 2006 May 05, 20:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or they could have nightmares or run around screaming when someone suggests using hacks!!!

Axe murdered since 2006
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 May 06, 02:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see the cult of the Llama.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 May 08, 18:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poll is up again.

http://www.insightexpress.com/s/Sims98308?ABC

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 May 08, 21:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay I was able to get in on this one AND have the right age bracket. I am glad I got to one of these before they closed. It may be a first for me. Hehe.
Ah yes I'm a newbie here but not to sims, just rarely post on boards but have been lurking here for a few days and I think I'll fit right in. Shocked) I do like the comments everyone says here.
I bashed OFB in all the right places. Though I did give them some happy notes, such as liking the fact that this expansion was a bit harder to figure out.. I liked the added challange!!
I have to say I HATE the idea of a mystery expansion pack. If I wanted a mystery game I'd buy another game for that. I do not want my sims to have quests and stuff. Not to fun. At least to me. Though I do think the hospital aspect sounds kind of fun cause I like torturing my sims like that.. I think it's unfair that they only get colds once in awhile! Come on let's bring on the sicknesses!
Other than that I liked the added games for them to play like volleyball, croquet, frisbee, fishing, ect. I'd like more group interactions and I think these would be fun to play!

There my 2 cents got put in now I'm a happy girl. ::grin::

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2006 May 08, 21:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well they let me take it this time and I still put down the all the sims one games I owned and gave my correct age.  Congratulations Maxis for pulling your heads out of your butts!

Axe murdered since 2006
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 May 08, 22:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone remember the basketball hoop and volleyball net from Sims 1?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 May 08, 22:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the lost soccer game.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 May 08, 22:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the expansion ideas look terribly interesting. Weather would be nice, but I don't see how it could support an entire expansion pack. Same with the "back in time" stuff. Pets and kids together could be enough... but really, not thrilled with it if pets are yet another thing I'd have to take care of. Maybe I'm just saying that because my current Sim family just had twins though. Pets really aren't a bad idea, but the whining and screaming for them on the BBS has made me rather skeptical of them.

Honestly, after Nightlife, I'm happy with my game now. It's by far the best expansion imo, adding lots of new options that are actually fun without really forcing things on people. I'd rather Maxis just made an expansion with lots of new interactions and tons of new objects. No clothes necessary, they're just bad at making clothes and the community is great at it. But if an XP had at least 5 new objects in every single subcategory, like 2 new aspirations, a new career to go with each aspiration, and about, I dunno, 20 new interactions, I'd be all for it. They could throw the weather thing in there too. I have no hope that Maxis will do what I really want: fix elders.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 May 08, 22:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix them how?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 May 08, 22:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders are extremely boring.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 May 08, 22:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the "boring" part that primarily annoys me. It's the fact that they are built to be annoying. The women have screechy voices, they all have severe osteoperosis, their clothes are terrible. They were obviously built with an "old people suck" prejudice in mind, and it actually does make me angry.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 May 08, 23:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the "boring" part that primarily annoys me. It's the fact that they are built to be annoying. The women have screechy voices, they all have severe osteoperosis, their clothes are terrible. They were obviously built with an "old people suck" prejudice in mind, and it actually does make me angry.
LOL!
Sorry, just found that post funny in an odd way. I think Maxis sort of made unrealistic looking bodies to begin with, rarely do women unless they're filthy rich and can afford personal trainers and nutritionists, have washboard stomachs, same with men.

I took the survery, I didn't tick the pets expansion as the others seemed more interesting, I do like the idea of a hospital, with illnesses, malpractitioning doctors, botched operations...*stops self from throwing head back and cackling*
I'm evil, I just want more ways to torture my sims and make their lives misery. Oh, and the history theme sounds sort of interesting, although, does it mean sims from current neighbourhoods go back to a certain with a time machine? Or do they mean you actually set a neighbourhood in a certain era? The second would be more fun, for me at least.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 May 08, 23:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just took the test and I know the next or the one after that will be a pets one just because "all" the fans (the fans at the BBS) NEED pets! ... and twins and Bella! It will be pets next for the same reason that there was cheese cake in OFB.

I think that one that would show more on children would be cool because there is barly anything for kids to do. OFB added some things but not all to meny.

I personly would like middle aged sims. Then you could say elders althow just a useless could be passed as very old. They could have midlife criseses, with having weird wants and things. That would be hillarous. Am I the only one who thinks middle aged sims would be nice?

Or I could be totally wrong...
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 May 09, 00:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I took the survey.  It seems if you say that you're "Not at all interested" in a pets expansion, they believe that you don't want another TS2 expansion.  I kind of was disappointed that there wasn't a general comments section, where we can berate them and suggest ideas that don't suck.  Well, they probably wouldn't read them anyway.

I could elaborate into a huge system for the religion concept, but I don't think any of you feel like reading all of whatever I would have typed.  Besides, Maxis doesn't have the balls to take a risk and make a religion expansion.  Heck, Civilization 4's done it and no one's complained.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 May 09, 00:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, Civilization 4's done it and no one's complained.
Oh yes they have. Check out www.civfanatics.com for examples Roll Eyes.

All religions in Civ 4 are absolutely equal, and people still do find a ton of stuff about religion in the game to gripe about. Civ 4's player base is generally much older and more experienced than that of the Sims franchise, do you really think Maxis would be insane enough to chance the firestorm of sheeple if they put religion in the game and didn't make some particular brand of Christianity "the best"? Besides, religion fits Civ 4 perfectly as the opiate of the people. I see no point or use for it in the Sims.

Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 May 09, 00:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so they're complaining about it on a Civilization site.  Heck, they even complain about Civilization 4 there.

It's not Maxis's fault if Christianity becomes the "best" religion if they don't supply objects for it.  Don't you think TS2 would have been already off the market because of the ability to make Adult content?  However, since the meshing community would make the symbols they will take a big hit if that happens.  Maxis hasn't taken a risk since Hot Date I think, otherwise they've acted exactly like Disney.

Maybe Religion isn't such a good idea, but Pets isn't a good one either.  Most ideas revolve around object sets, which are also a matter of preference.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 09, 01:13:32 by MisterPaper » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 May 09, 01:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a religious sort of expansion. Or at any rate, some sort of object that allows them to pray.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 May 09, 03:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

\

I personly would like middle aged sims. Then you could say elders althow just a useless could be passed as very old. They could have midlife criseses, with having weird wants and things. That would be hillarous. Am I the only one who thinks middle aged sims would be nice?

It's not just you...I always thought some type of middle age stage would be nice.   I still bugs me a bit that sim go from vibrant looking 20 year olds or something to slouched over sims who  pee themselves with nothing in between.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 May 09, 04:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a crucifex somebody made for sims1 that sims would get on their knees and pray in front of. I also remeber the volleyball net. I loved that thing because it was the one thing that kids and adults could all do together in a group and it raised fun and/ relationship scores (sorry senior moment, don't remeber exactly how it was beneficial, but at least it was good for something dangnabbit)
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 May 09, 19:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, you're not alone. I would love middle aged sims as long as they shortened the length of the elder stage. I can't stand having and elder around for 20-25 days. If they worked it so that a middle aged sim was 10-15 days (leaning toward 10) and a elder was 5-10 (leaning toward 5), that would be perfect. Returning college students would have something more realistic to look at than elder parents, would have grandparents that could actually play with the grandkids, and wouldn't have the in-the-way-taking-forvever-to-die elders. Perfect!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 May 09, 20:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love middle aged sims as long as they shortened the length of the elder stage. I can't stand having and elder around for 20-25 days. If they worked it so that a middle aged sim was 10-15 days (leaning toward 10) and a elder was 5-10 (leaning toward 5), that would be perfect. Returning college students would have something more realistic to look at than elder parents, would have grandparents that could actually play with the grandkids, and wouldn't have the in-the-way-taking-forvever-to-die elders. Perfect!

Have you tried twojeffs' Age Duration Hack?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2697.0

It does more or less what you are suggesting, except that of course the adults don't change their physical appearance.  I really like the fact that it maxes out the elder stage at something like 13 days.

Karen
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2006 May 09, 21:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the main points of wanting a middle age section is to change the appearance so you dont have a youthful sim all of a sudden looking decrepit.  There could be a whole new set of wants to go with a midlife crisis section as well.  And lets face it, majority of successful business owners are middle aged.

Axe murdered since 2006
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 May 09, 23:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do like the idea of a hospital, with illnesses, malpractitioning doctors, botched operations...*stops self from throwing head back and cackling*
I'm evil, I just want more ways to torture my sims and make their lives misery.

Haha! I'm with you there O-Girl! I love the idea of botched operations and bad doctors.. or just new but try to do it anyway. lol. It'd be realistic in that aspect!

And I too would like another life stage for adults.. it seems weird to go from 20 to 70 in what seems like a day. uhg!

Also I remember the basketball and volleyball in the sims 1 that's why I'm all for it in this new one cause it gave more for the kids to do with the older sims. I never liked it that kids had so little to do. It's like you just want to hurry and grow them up to a teen at least so they can DO something. That's how I feel anyway.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 May 10, 00:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too would like a middle age (being that in years if not in mind lol) Well whatever we voted for (and it wasn't pets because it seemed that Maxis idea of pets is still just cats and dogs) I think it will come with weather and/or seasons.
In the last section it was really hard to keep to just 5 options - we wanted pool toys AND the water park/zoo/theme park so we opted for the latter because pool toys might be included.  We didn't vote for the sports things because they were too dispersed - there was a general sports, frisbee, winter sports etc.  The volleyball in Sims1 was great fun even though the court took up so much of the garden and I am really surprised that no basketball hoop has found its way to the inventory - it was an excellent way of getting the kids some body points.
One thing I had to keep remembering when adding my comments was which hacks/cheats I use to make the game run smoothly and then berate them for not thinking of it

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2006 May 10, 01:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the pets issue, I think I'll like them if, as implied in the survay, they will have a comclated set of genetics. I just think that by "creating your own unique breed" they might mean custom content or picking from a set of features. I think if they have a complacated genetic system it would be enough to support a entire expansion pack. I don't think in a pets expansion pack there will only be cats and dogs. There will probly be cats, dogs, birds, snakes, rodents perhaps... and llamas. Grin

Or I could be totally wrong...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: