More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:55:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Survey at Official Site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Survey at Official Site  (Read 62805 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Survey at Official Site
« Reply #150 on: 2006 May 15, 23:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two plus two does equal five.  Doesn't it? ???

I think it does too! Or no was it 7? erg ok now I'm confused.

A religion thing would be ok but I doubt I'd use it often. But it could be fun once in awhile.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
KnightSkyKyte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 May 16, 05:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, a lot of people here don't want a pets expansion.

Having never played the Sims1 at all (only started when Sims2 was released) I've obviously missed why people hate pets, other they take the space of a Sim, and demand a lot of looking after. Is that right?

There is a big part of me that would like to see what it would be like to have a pet in the game, it *sounds* interesting... and I haven't been bitten by what's gone on in the past to have learnt to be wary of it yet...

I wouldn't want to see an EXTRA life stage - that would totally piss me off, because I don't want to have to worry about having to get custom content (hair, clothes) for YET ANOTHER goddamn age. Unless they can use all the adult CC *BY DEFAULT*, then I don't want to know about it. Why did those idiots make the YA have to have their own clothes and hair and not just keep using the adult age custom content which is exactly the same anyway - so stupid and inefficient. And annoying. Did I mention annoying?

For male sim creations, check out my work on the InSimenator. For all my older works, check out my creations on MTS2.

*sigh* No, I am not male, why does everyone think that?
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 May 16, 05:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played the original Sims and my favorite two eps of all of them were Unleashed and Making magic.   I think if they think about what they are doing with The Pets it may be fun.    Unleashed also gave us more usable house lots and harvestable crops.    What will take the joy out of it for me is the very short life spans they are bound to have, and if they just include the pets into the 8 allowed family members per lot.   
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2006 May 16, 06:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Just like everything in the sims, it will be interesting the first time you try stuff, but pretty much once you've discovered all the possible things you can do with them, you'll get bored, but more likely you will be very annoyed by the compulsive, obsessive, stupid behaviour that they focus on. Tongue Everything's fun and funny once, but repeatedly, it quickly gets annoying. Roll Eyes

As for an extra life stage, I actually wouldn't mind having one. It will probably be fairly tough to add one though, as it will most likely force a huge overhaul in the code to take into account a completely new lifestage. With YA, at least it is pretty much confined to Uni lots. I doubt you could reasonably come up with a lot based location/theme for a satellite hood that only has middle-aged sims. Even if they did, it would probably be pretty crappy and unsatisfying.

The only good way to do it would be to create a new life stage and do the overhaul. But then again, I play my game differently than most people. I don't have tons of CC, just game mods really. It would be a pain to update content... but really, they wouldn't necessarily have to change the models too much. Maybe just age the skin some, maybe the hair, and mostly the face, but keep the bodies similar to adults. At least this way, you could enable clothing for middle-aged sims the same way you can easily enable ones for YAs and adults. I guess I don't care so much about cc because of how I play.

I would love to put tons of better looking clothes and recolours, but that all just seems to slow down loading times. If I could easily replace ugly maxian clothes, by say selctively deleting outfits, hairstyles, etc. I don't like or will never use, and add cc, with all of it properly, consistently binned, maybe then I would be more of a downloading fiend. As it stands, I have a modest amount of cc which I don't even use that much, simply because I don't want all my sims to look exactly alike. I force myself to use the Maxis stuff because it's in there and I really can't get rid of it. Theoretically, I suppose I could use jordi's hide all outfits and download tons of new cc, but I really don't want to go through all that effort. As ugly as default Maxis stuff is, I'll live with it. The stuff that I really can't stand are the bugs and unrealistic behaviour in the game, which is why the majority of my cc will always be game mods.

Having said that, another life stage would probably rejuvenate my interest in the game again. Plus, as many people have argued before, I think it would be better to have that middle-aged stage rather than jumping to it directly from adult to elder. Not only would it add a lot more gameplay, imho, but it would be a bit more realistic and make the transition a little less jarring. One minute, you're a healthy adult, in the prime of your life, the next you're a withering old retired almost carcass, that can't get a full nites sleep and constantly pisses yerself. Roll Eyes

Ste

PS. Since Marg posted while I was composing, this brings to mind the possibility of the number of sim files quickly increasing if pets are counted as sims, and have relatively short lifespans, if they try to implement them in a somewhat realisitic way, compared to regular sims. Also... lord knows how quickly a lot might get overloaded if pets are allowed to breed and have numerous litters... I don't remember if pets could even do this in Unleashed. I think I only went so far as to having a pet once... getting quickly bored and annoyed with it, and not bothering with it again once I had to restart my game because of reinstalling. Tongue I can only assume that, if they were to do Pets 'right' they would have to allow them to breed, and grow through a few stages as well, changing in size and appearance too, instead of both kittens and dogs always being just one size? Oh well, it all remains to be seen...

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 May 16, 21:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to Pets really as I think it'll be fun to have again. I wasn't to upset with them as they kinda did their own thing. Sure you needed to play with them a bit and refill food but that was about it. I actually liked it as a virtual pet is the only kind I'd like to have anyway! Hehe a few more clicks of the mouse on making sims do more is hardly a bother for me. As I find myself board in the things they can do. Pets will add more to it all. At least thats what I feel. But I understand some of the concerns of the pets as well, though I think overall as long as they are not to needy I'll be ok with them. And I remember in Sims 1 you could breed the dogs but they couldn't do it themselves which I liked.. more control over how many pets you have. Just like you do with the sims woohooing. Unless of course you like the risky woohoo mod. And I'm sure the fantastic modders out there will come up wwith great stuff to help the pets out. So I'm not to worried about them doing them right.. I'm just worried that they'll be more bugs that show up right away.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2006 May 18, 00:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, a lot of people here don't want a pets expansion.

Having never played the Sims1 at all (only started when Sims2 was released) I've obviously missed why people hate pets, other they take the space of a Sim, and demand a lot of looking after. Is that right?

The main problem with pets in The Sims is that they were completely uncontrollable. I mean, the only way you could interact with them was to click the ground and choose "Go here". It drove me to distraction. You'd have cats and dogs wandering around starving, desperate for the toilet and falling asleep, yet you couldn't make them eat, pee or sleep. All you could do would be to click the ground near the food bowl, litter tray/fire hydrant or pet bed, and hope they'd take the hint. And 9 times out of 10, they wouldn't.

Also, having pets show up on the main relationship panel was weird (you can't call a pet on the phone for a quick relationship boost, or invite it over).

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 May 18, 00:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, for crying out loud, why did your friends bring them over as party guests? That always bugged me.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 May 18, 00:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, all of these things, should they actually reappear, are trivially stompinated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 May 18, 00:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could be why we love you, JM

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2006 May 18, 01:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I'm beginning to get interested in pets 'cuz JM sounds so excited to start modding it. For awhile there, I thought he might not even get any more EPs. Maybe they'll give him a challenge and keep him interested. That'd be worth 'omiGod(dess)Petz!!!!!!!'

Unsouper
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 May 19, 13:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it would be possible to make a hack to go along with Inteen so that when a teen woohoo'ed a kitten on that lot would spontainiously die.   Grin
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 May 19, 13:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

->chokes on his cigarette smoke

You...should...warn...us...before...posting...something...so...hilarious...!

*GASP!*

Let the Beast inside you free!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 May 19, 13:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so that when a teen woohoo'ed a kitten...
Shocked

Bestiality???   Lips sealed
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 May 19, 13:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err...opps.

"...so that when a teen woohoo'ed, a kitten..."

Never underestimate the power of the Comma.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2006 May 19, 14:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Indeed, Trepie, indeed! * Lythdan boggles

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: 2006 May 19, 16:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bring back the basketball court!  How about a football field (either American or "real" football will suffice)?

And is it just me or do not all career tracks have LTWs associated with them?  I get criminal mastermind, mad scientist, chief of staff, hall of famer and celebrity chef but that's about all.  I want business related LTWs, like have a level 10 hair salon.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 May 19, 16:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a new teen get a LTW of *own 5 top level businesses*

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 May 19, 16:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the careers in the base game have LTWs, based on aspiration unless you use the Greater Variety and Sanity LTWs mod.

Athletic - Fortune, Popularity
Business - Fortune
Criminal - Fortune
Culinary - Romance, Popularity
Law Enforcement - Family, Popularity
Medicine - Knowledge
Military - Fortune, Popularity
Politics - Fortune, Popularity
Science - Knowledge
Slacker - Romance

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.  As far as I know, the only new LTW that was introduced in OFB was the "Own 5 top level businesses."
« Last Edit: 2006 May 20, 08:17:00 by rainbow » Logged
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: 2006 May 20, 03:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem, mind If I make some additions to your list, Rainbow? Smiley (This list is also compiled without the LTW variety mod)

Athletic - Fortune, Romance
Business - Fortune
Criminal - Fortune, Knowledge
Culinary - Romance, Popularity
Law Enforcement - Family, Popularity
Medicine - Knowledge, Fortune
Military - Popularity
Politics - Popularity
Science - Knowledge
Slacker - Romance

And if you have NL:

Pleasure Sims - Slacker, Culinary.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 May 20, 08:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is fine...I was mainly talking about the base game tho...and no Uni careers have LTWs.   Angry  Fortune sims get the most Career LTWs, and Family sims only get one.  I know Family Sims are centered around family, but I hate that they only career Maxis thinks they are interested in is Law Enforcement.  Tongue  What about Culinary, Medicine, or Science?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2006 May 20, 13:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The beauty of NON-career-related LTWs is that you can put them in any career you want to and still be able to fulfill their LTW.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 May 20, 14:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like LTWs that can be reached early in life, such as Max 7 skills, Make 20 best friends, Have 20 Lovers/woohoos, etc.  The ones I don't like are the ones that they stuck on Family sims, such as Graduate 3 kids from college, Reach Golden Anniversary (since I don't let my sims age to elder for a very, very long time), and marry off 6 kids.  I don't let my sims have that many kids anymore.  So for most CAS sims or sims that were born before Uni and didn't meet their LTW early in life via Max 7 skills as a Knowledge sim, Career LTWs are the quickest way to perma-plat.  Which is why I like the LTW variety mod.  Smiley
comradebunny
Exasperating Eyesore

Meth, a simple way to become a twitchy idiot.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 May 22, 18:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is fine...I was mainly talking about the base game tho...and no Uni careers have LTWs.   Angry  Fortune sims get the most Career LTWs, and Family sims only get one.  I know Family Sims are centered around family, but I hate that they only career Maxis thinks they are interested in is Law Enforcement.  Tongue  What about Culinary, Medicine, or Science?

Maybe it was just my game, but once (only once) I had a family sim interested in the culinary track.  I was wondering why that only happened once.

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" -Firefly
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2006 May 22, 23:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the LTW Variety and Sanity hack?
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 May 23, 00:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing I agree with other people on for expansions are the LTW and the Attraction stuff. I'd like it if sims could be attracted to certain personalities like liking someone who is not that nice or someone who is a clean freak ect. That'd be nice to get away from all look type stuff. You could have one look turn on and one personality turn on or something. Personally I'd be ok ith having no LTW they just get really annoying to me because I rarely want my sims to fulfill them. I have my own plan for them.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: