More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:34:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Updating GunMod's Radiance Lighting System
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating GunMod's Radiance Lighting System  (Read 94170 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Updating GunMod's Radiance Lighting System
« Reply #125 on: 2006 September 18, 02:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you'd survive that many lights!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 September 18, 03:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a while ago and took it out. I just put it back in with the new CEP and was building a house and had to throw in a whole mess of lights just to be able to see. The basement was pitch black and I couldn't see to level the terrain without throwing lights all over and then I had to keep moving the lights to lower the terrain since it wouldn't let me lower a square with something on it. Tongue

You'd at least think they would exclude build mode from the lighting effects but I guess that would be too difficult to do.

I will say it makes some lots look really nice though. That new water park beach lot that Nengi posted over MTS2 looks awesome at night with the light mod in and all the torches.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 September 18, 04:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll say that while I was actually playing the game, it looked gorgeous. It was frustrating how windows and lights would not lighten up a room, though. I was always surprised at how dark the pictures turned out, because it didn't seem *that* bad while I took them.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 September 18, 11:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they would have included a flash for the darn in game camera.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2006 September 18, 17:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely agree that a no-shadow build mode would be very helpful - with or without the mod.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2006 September 18, 21:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyway to get the sunrise/sunset effect without having to have the indoor lighting changes? I used to use this mod and since I have taken it out the only thing I miss is the morning/evening light change.

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 September 18, 22:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use this with Numenor's Smarter Lights as updated from Dizzy's, it's actually not that bad.  I've had to take out some of the lights in some rooms because they were too bright.

Mooooo
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2006 September 19, 00:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Piratey Translation]

I be really considerin' usin' th' RLS again especially since me earlier game experience be wi' lackin' graphics.
Th' whole `red atmosphere` early mornings be very very nice.. hmmm, but be 't worth th' lightin' electricity bill? Tongue

(That kid looks spooky in that picture.... "Come into th' liiiight!")

[Original Post]

I'm really considering using the RLS again especially since my earlier game experience was with lacking graphics.
The whole 'red atmosphere' early mornings is very very nice.. hmmm, but is it worth the lighting electricity bill? Tongue

(That kid looks spooky in that picture.... "Come into the liiiight!")
« Last Edit: 2006 September 23, 18:04:34 by Weaver » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: 2006 September 20, 08:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is all this pirate stuff all over the place lately?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 September 20, 08:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday was Talk Like A Pirate Day, apparently. Next week we'll have Swear Like A Sailor Day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 September 20, 12:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an interesting result taking this out of my game.  I use the Omega ATI drivers with the ATI Tray tool, and it has an option to monitor the frame rate.  With this in my game, I was getting a frame rate of between 35 - 40.  With it out, the frame rate jumped up to around 50, and has even hit 60 on occasion. And any lag I'd get with a lot of sims on the lot has pretty much gone away.

So for me, anyway, taking it out is worth the trade-off of performance for not having fancy lighting...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 September 20, 14:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Performance trumps lighting. In my book anyways.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2006 September 20, 17:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday was Talk Like A Pirate Day, apparently. Next week we'll have Swear Like A Sailor Day.

I thought that on the Internet, every day is Swear Like A Sailor Day.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2006 September 20, 18:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well who decided it was talk like a pirate day?   Was it one of those official days or just a sims community joke?

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 September 20, 18:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well who decided it was talk like a pirate day?   Was it one of those official days or just a sims community joke?
Wikipedia knows.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2006 September 20, 21:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol!  I see Cheesy

Standardliving
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 September 20, 23:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I get it, although I never noticed a lag when I was testing months back. But then again, it was a while ago.
Now that it has been mentioned, I'm surprised no one created a lighting system soley based on different shades of light during different times.
Like sunset, sunrise (all of which can be found in this mod) and for the hell of it, add the waves to the pool too. That would be amazing eyecandy without the darkness holding you back. Know?

If I knew how to mess around with the nitty gritty parts of the game, that would be one of the first things I would try to figure, despite lacking a good attention span.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 December 12, 07:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I've been away from the game a while & didn't know it existed! I've long been a user of GunMod's 2.1 RLS, and recently installed 2.2. I had a house all set up with strategically-placed invisible ceiling lights that helped dispel the daytime interior gloom, but having moved my sims to a new lot, I was unable to come to an arrangement I could live (and play) with. After installing the native version of RLS from this thread, I have to say I prefer it to Chocolate Pi's 2.2 beta version, and again using some well-placed invisible lights I achieved some beautiful lighting effects that made my sims look awesome. At night. Daytime is a completely other story. I wish (but know it is impossible) that we could use the RLS during night hours only, and have the Maxis lights take over during the day! Or figure a way to automatically turn on certain lights in a room during 7am-6pm, and have them either be totally inactive or "auto-lights-enabled" from 6pm-7am. That kind of fixture-specific control (especially in conjunction with the invisible fixtures) would allow for setting one lighting scheme for day & another for night, which could definitely come in handy. For now, I'm going to have to go back to the Maxis lights, much as it pains me to see my lovely shading go bye-bye.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: