More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  is there a hack that
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: is there a hack that  (Read 6603 times)
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
is there a hack that
« on: 2006 April 26, 12:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

Does anyone know of a hack that stops the game from cancelling dates midway through them because of the sim's class time?

My Pleasure sims is having a hard time getting her dream dates - she'll be at "great' & then the date says "It was a great date" because her "go to class" icon pops up.

What I'm looking for is a mod that allows you to cancel the "go to class" so you can continue the date if you want to rather than have it automatically end the date.

Thanks,

Jane
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: is there a hack that
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 26, 17:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could turn off free will during the dates - you'd still get the notice that your Sim has class in an hour but the "go to class" action wouldn't get added to the queue. Not exactly what you're looking for I know, but in the meantime it might help.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 27, 12:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi gynarchy,

The problem isn't that I can't cancel the "go to class" action, the problem is that as soon as the clock ticks over to the class start time the date is automatically ended. there isn't any option to continue the date even if you cancel "go to class"

I was really hoping there was a mod that stopped this from automatically happening, so you could continue the date if you wanted to or end it & go to class.

I never let the sims date until they have a full bar, so going to class is totally pointless as they have already fulfilled all of the requirements for the semester (to get an A+). I just spend the rest of the semester making friends, dating, earing money, etc.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 27, 13:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check out JMP's 'University Final Clock' -- it lets you speed up the balance of the semester when the sim fulfills all the grade requirements with a lot of time to spare.  Makes Uni much more tolerable, since you're not waiting around for 'sim hours' for stuff to happen.

You can check it out here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=134.0

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 27, 14:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi gynarchy,

The problem isn't that I can't cancel the "go to class" action, the problem is that as soon as the clock ticks over to the class start time the date is automatically ended. there isn't any option to continue the date even if you cancel "go to class"

I was really hoping there was a mod that stopped this from automatically happening, so you could continue the date if you wanted to or end it & go to class.

I never let the sims date until they have a full bar, so going to class is totally pointless as they have already fulfilled all of the requirements for the semester (to get an A+). I just spend the rest of the semester making friends, dating, earing money, etc.
The reason the date dies if you try to go to class is because Go to Class issues the command "leave group" as part of its sequence, which terminates the date. If you don't want this to happen, don't send your sims to class during dates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 27, 14:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also just take her on dates to community lots, where time isn't.  :-)

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 27, 23:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also just take her on dates to community lots, where time isn't.  :-)

I am takling her on dates to the community lots. It doesn't matter, the game still tracks the time & when it's her class time, the action happens automatically. I have no control over ending the date.

Jane
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 27, 23:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason the date dies if you try to go to class is because Go to Class issues the command "leave group" as part of its sequence, which terminates the date. If you don't want this to happen, don't send your sims to class during dates.
[/quote]

Thanks for explaining about the "leave group" thing.

I am not sending them to class during dates! The game is issuing the command that is cancelling the date. I'd love to be able to control this but - it appeard the game is pushing ths "go to glass" or "leave group" command ahead of everything else. In some cases I have received the "Had a great date - end of date' message before i get the "go to class" action. How am I supposed to stop that from happening? I am not choosing to send them to class - the game is automatically ending the date before I have a chance to do anything lick cancle the "go to class" icon.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 27, 23:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should check out JMP's 'University Final Clock' -- it lets you speed up the balance of the semester when the sim fulfills all the grade requirements with a lot of time to spare.  Makes Uni much more tolerable, since you're not waiting around for 'sim hours' for stuff to happen.

You can check it out here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=134.0

Thanks jsalemi ,

I have the Final Clock but I don't want to speed up the time. I need her to get 50 Dream Dates - I need every mminute I can get! It is just very frustrating to get the date up to Great - just one more interaction to Dream date & the stupid game automatically ends the date because it's her class time. Doesn't matter that she doesn;t need to go to class or that I don;t want her to go to class. It just automatically issues the end date command.

Apparently not many people do dates at college. it's a great way to buikd friendships faster & if they get a dream date it totallt refreshes the sim, so you send them home to skill or phone friends or whatever - even go on another date.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 27, 23:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious, did you try turning free will off as described earlier? As mentioned earlier, that should stop the Go to Class interaction appearing. [REFERENCES TO NON-AWESOME HACKS REMOVED]
« Last Edit: 2006 April 28, 22:33:01 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 27, 23:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One suggestion is to take control of your potential date using a hack like my control-this-sim.  Do this before you ask the sim out, and check when he/she has to go to class next. Then use the sethour cheat if you have OFB or the insim if you don't to change the time to a time that your date doesn't have class. You can then make them unselectable (like usual) before you actually ask them out.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 27, 23:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem as well, though usually with couples that live together as I sometimes send them on dates at home. When I send them to a community lot off-campus (downtown or whatever), I don't get the popup as time really stops. I rarely use community lots on-campus, but as time doesn't stop there, I imagine that's why you're still getting popups and ended dates. It's an extra load screen but maybe try the botanical gardens for the date or someplace in your regular neighborhood? Or also, I don't have the OFB patch or the Family Fun Pack and they might have updated something in there?

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 28, 02:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The OFB patch didn't affect this stuff (and you really should get it -- it fixes a bunch of other really broken stuff). And the FFP doesn't add any new gameplay elements, so it won't affect it either.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 28, 14:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah!  On-campus community lots DO keep time, I forgot.  I've always just popped my college sims over to Downtown lots for dates, for so long that I'd forgotten why.  Silly me!   Roll Eyes  When I was doing the Legacy, I sent my founder to Downtown and kept him at the spa for weeks on end, dating, eating hot dogs, downing espresso, showering, dating, working the espresso bar, dating, etc, before sending him back to the dorm to make his class.  I got him fifteen best friends in one downtown session, in his first semester.  Probably took more than a sim-month on that one lot.  (Whaddaya mean, it's time to wake up?  I haven't even been to bed yet!)

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 28, 19:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Time Control Clock" is VERY MUCH NOT AWESOME. The flaw with the object is that the game's internal clock is designed to move at 1800 ticks per sim-hour. The clock tries to change this by, essentially, constantly resetting the time. This confuses the hell out of parts of the game that expect to be able to wait 1800 ticks and have it be the next hour, or wait a minute and expect it NOT to be the same minute anymore. While cute, the concept of time is simply too deeply rooted in the engine to safely mess with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JaneSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 29, 07:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to thank everyone for helping with this. I took my sim to a community lot in the regular neighborhood rather than the campus neighborhood & it worked perfectly. She got the "go to class" icon but it didn't end the date. Yay!! Problem solved - thank you Smiley

Jane
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: