More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 19:37:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Patch is out for FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch is out for FFS  (Read 47834 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Patch is out for FFS
« Reply #125 on: 2006 May 17, 05:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but one thing I think we need to remember is that Maxoids are people too.  They get hurt when something that they have worked on gets crapped on, just like all modders and creators when the same things happen to them.  How many truly gifted and creative people have quit because of all the bitching and whining about stuff...and asking "can you change this" or "why doesn't it do that" kinda crap.
I get commentary like that all the time, but you don't see it bothering me. No, I just make fun of them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 May 17, 07:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Pescado definitely has alligator skin, in more ways than one.  Wink
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 May 17, 07:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but one thing I think we need to remember is that Maxoids are people too.  They get hurt when something that they have worked on gets crapped on, just like all modders and creators when the same things happen to them.  How many truly gifted and creative people have quit because of all the bitching and whining about stuff...and asking "can you change this" or "why doesn't it do that" kinda crap.

Honestly? None. People quit modding for all sorts of reasons, but I have never seen a talented modder quit merely because of people griping at him/her. If you are a truly talented and creative person, you also have an ego the size of Montana, even when you're able to conceal it under a large amount of tact. When that is based on real talent, the ego can be bruised, but never punctured.

Maxoids aren't about to quit because their wittle feewings get hurted. This is their job. You're paid to do something, you deal with the crap, especially when that crap is from consumers, not from co-workers or bosses.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 May 17, 17:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're married to your work, you can't work in this kind of business (I'm in production art, not programming, but it's round about the same thing). But you do get to laugh at the ugly and ridiculous stuff customers make you do.

Simply not buying the product (and giving negative word-of-mouth criticism) is lots more likely to close a business down. Providing open criticism and critique is for a product one *likes* and want the next 'whatever' to also be something they like. As I'm interesting in seeing the company (EA actually) continue, I'll keep posting my criticism and concerns and hope they'll listen. If it ever gets to a point the game isn't fun at all anymore, I'll vote with my wallet and spread the "that's no fun, don't buy it" concept among my friends and peers and coworkers and the like.

I do try to be careful not to be out-and-out insulting. I try to make criticism constructive, and when I'm complaining about company policy, specify EA - rather than the programmers or whatnot. But bottom line, even if I'm not good at doing that, they should be grateful for criticism - it's MUCH better than just not buying something if they want to continue to make money.

Unsouper
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: