More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 15:28:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ticket machine and shopping - help needed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ticket machine and shopping - help needed  (Read 2738 times)
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Ticket machine and shopping - help needed
« on: 2006 May 17, 09:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Owner is trying to sell selfmade flowers (cheap price) on a community business lot (presently level 3) with ticket machine (cheap price). Only fun source besides shopping are 4 music instruments - open air flower power scenario. After buying their ticket, some customers get into the shopping action. But always, immediately before their buy-bar is filled up completely, they cancel the shopping action and do something else or leave the lot (fun is not maxed out, I checked with Merolas mirror). If someone is looking for help (shopping interaction) and is served successfully, they afterwards never convert to shopping like they usually do. I am totally in the dark - anyone knows possible explanations?
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Ticket machine and shopping - help needed
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 17, 09:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you should remove the ticket machine and see what happens. Smiley

Axe murdered since 2006
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 17, 13:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the ticket machine ($25/hr) at my robot shop, which has a back room containing a poker table, pool tables, and other gaming stuff.  My customers either immediately start shopping or go to the gaming room.  They will return from the gaming room and shop.

How far are your fun items from the ticket machine?  My customers have to walk through the store to get to the back room so I wonder if that has any effect.

Whatever, I've found that social interactions, such as telling the customer a joke, or having a short chat,  usually result in sales and customer stars, so I send my owner over to meet and greet when the customer arrives.
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 17, 18:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it is possible to have ticket machines in combination with other sales actions (selling, restaurant). This is a scenario, so I do not want to change the setting without finding out more.

Shop is near the ticketmachine, instruments are more to the back. Customers split - appr. 2/3 steer in direction of the instruments immediately after bying the ticket, appr. 1/3 start with flower-shopping. Everything is open air. Owner engages in sales actions frequently, mostly with success.

I do not think it is a problem of placement or of missing interactions.The sales action is properly started by the customers, but never finished.

It is that special feature I am looking in - shortly before the buy-bar is filled completely, the action is cancelled every time. Anyone has noticed this in his/her game? And - what can be the cause?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 17, 19:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nadira, have you visited The War Room lately?  There's a good article on buy bars which might be helpful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: