More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 11:18:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Patch is out for FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch is out for FFS  (Read 47824 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Patch is out for FFS
« on: 2006 April 25, 02:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who bought, installed, and decided to keep FFS, here's your patch:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.4&languageCode=

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch is out for FFS
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 25, 02:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, and I just checked the front page 5 minutes ago and didn't see it... stupid internet connection.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 25, 02:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Took them long enough.  I'm still not installing the FFP until they remove the fact that it creates a new directory, which I'm not holding my breath waiting for.  You'll want to download this if you have the FFP though, especially if you were waiting for this to install it.  Let's hope they didn't break anything.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 25, 02:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a huge patch for something that apparently only fixes two problems...
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 25, 04:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what's up with that...

ISFJ
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 25, 04:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm, maybe it's because it was just replacing the whole file rather than just patching it? (the other patches asked for the cd to fix the modified object.package file, this one didn't ask for the cd and some of the files had been modified; not objects.package though)

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 25, 05:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well I'm having trouble with the patchRoll Eyes  I ran the installation, only to get the suggestion that maybe I should uninstall/reinstall FFS.

Why am I not surprised by this?

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 25, 05:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm...I didn't get that message.  Huh
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 25, 05:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know why I got the message, but I'm wary of uninstalling/reinstalling in case I really mess something up.  Not to mention, it seems like a whole lot of work to back everything up.  But I'm not very awesome at all, so I'm open to suggestions.  Otherwise, I think I'll just leave my current installation alone, as it's not noticeably broken.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 25, 06:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you need to patch a game that only has objects, you know you have a problem.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 25, 07:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well I'm having trouble with the patchRoll Eyes  I ran the installation, only to get the suggestion that maybe I should uninstall/reinstall FFS.

I'm getting the same error message. I just installed TS2 on this computer and haven't changed a thing in the game so far - I don't even have my downloads copied over yet.

Edit: I downloaded the patch again and this time it worked. Dunno what the problem was with the file I had downloaded earlier.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 25, 07:40:52 by gynarchy » Logged

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 25, 08:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I downloaded the patch again and this time it worked. Dunno what the problem was with the file I had downloaded earlier.

Maybe they messed up the patch and then patched the patch.  Wink  But thank you for telling me -- I will try downloading it again.

Edit:  Yep -- it worked when I downloaded it again.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2006 April 25, 11:33:56 by twooflower » Logged

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 25, 13:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with the 2nd NL patch.  I had downloaded it on my other computer and moved it over the network to my main computer, so I figured it got shredded somehow during that move.  (other files have done that before)  I finally just said "screw it" and waited to install OFB for that patch.

But yes.  Whenever in doubt.  Re-dowload.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 29, 17:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had the problem mentioned here?  http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5060#5060

Quote from: Carrigon
It broke all my dressers, none of them work now.  And people on the official board have the same problem.  I looked at the code.  It's broken on a deep global level, I cannot fix it.  The operands are not going where they should be going.
If anyone has this bug, you can use my naked dressing hack for changing clothing or Merola's dressers, those still work.  Hopefully, this will get fixed at some point.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 29, 20:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord I'm so glad I didn't buy this.
Leave it to Maxis to break a pack of objects..then try to fix it and break something else.

They should take it as a warning sign to not to anymore of these object packs.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 29, 20:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like they are going down in flames lol.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 03, 05:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had the problem mentioned here?  http://www.sims2workshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5060#5060

Quote from: Carrigon
It broke all my dressers, none of them work now.  And people on the official board have the same problem.  I looked at the code.  It's broken on a deep global level, I cannot fix it.  The operands are not going where they should be going.
If anyone has this bug, you can use my naked dressing hack for changing clothing or Merola's dressers, those still work.  Hopefully, this will get fixed at some point.

Crud... well... both my sister and I actually got FFS as a gift for our collective birthdays. (Mine was two weeks ago and hers is today, well... for the next 6ish minutes Tongue). Our cousin got it for us, also cuz it's on sale for $9.99 at Circuit City. The website still lists it as $19.99 but the weekly ad (the flyer that comes with your weekly paper) shows it as $9.99. Also... OFB is on sale as well. I think it was $24.99 or whatever. Anyhew, I would have told my cousin not to get it because it wasn't worth it and it was buggy, and not to waste his money, but since he showed me it was on sale, I thought it'd be fine.

But now that there's even more bugs, from a stupid stuff pack (what is the sp supposed to stand for anyway?) I'm glad I haven't installed it yet. I put it off because I was defraggin my harddrive first. I even downloaded the patch, but so much for that. Tongue

I guess we won't be installing it anytime soon. Maybe I should have my cousin return them and get his money back. Roll Eyes

Ste

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 03, 05:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't heard of that problem anywhere.  Undecided 

And SP stands for Shopping Pack.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 03, 05:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh. I probably read that somewhere, but I couldn't remember. Bleh. Stupid shopping packs. Talk about falling short of expectations. What a total craptastic rip off of an idea. Bastards. Tongue

Anyways... don't you have it installed? Have your dressers broken? I mean, I figure if a well known modder reports the problem, it must be real. No? *shrugs*

Does anyone else who has FFS installed noticed this or any other problems? How sad is it that we would even have to be worried about potential bugs from a shopping pack. Ok... I get the idea that adding the Inventory system would make sense. Since these packs would presumably add more objects and what not. At least that's somewhat related. But did they really need to include the other stuff? I suppose it's a nice idea for those who don't have all the other EPs... but I think it just makes the game more susceptible to potential bugs like this, which is ridiculous when these packs should essentially only be adding custom content.

I was hoping that the shopping packs would contain tons of new objects, clothes, wallpapers, etc. that were related based on a specific theme(s) and make them actually worth the money. These should be just custom content, and should just add to the list of objects, clothes, wallpapers, etc. without causing retarded bugs like these. I think that would have made the most sense. I know people have complained about this before and already said the same things, but I just felt annoyed enough to reiterate. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 May 03, 10:17:34 by syberspunk » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 03, 06:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Syberspunk, I couldn't agree with you more.   Undecided
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 03, 10:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't going to buy it, but my husband brought it home for me last night as a gift, bless him.  I've installed and everything seems to be OK, though I haven't tried the dressers yet. 

I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the patch is 28MB when the disc only installs 4MB!  WTF?  I'm not downloading a huge patch that only fixes two issues - actually only one as the clothing issue does not seem to be fixed.  It's ludicrous.  I'm assuming another, more effective patch will be released soon.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 03, 10:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell the patch is 28MB when the disc only installs 4MB!  WTF?  I'm not downloading a huge patch that only fixes two issues - actually only one as the clothing issue does not seem to be fixed.  It's ludicrous.  I'm assuming another, more effective patch will be released soon.

Oh jeebus h. chrissakes. You mean it doesn't even Fix what it was supposed to? Rassafrazzfricfrackfruckingflibbertygibbits!!!!  I'm so Lips sealed I can't even bother to curse properly.

Plus... it just seems overkill and retarded to have to update the objects.package and what not just to add some new objects. This just stinks even more so of wanting to cash in on loyal customers and trying to force all individuals to purchase these packs. If I'm not mistaken, you could have potentially bought one Holiday pack and installed it on several machines since you didn't need the disk to run the actual game. Now that FFS actually requires the disc, every individual machine (that runs a legitimate copy of the game without no-cd tools) now has to have it's own separate copy. This just totally reeks of greedy, moneygrubbiness.  Angry

I mean, these things are just objects! Objects! If it is just a requirement so that the official Maxis objects don't get that custom content asterisk * thingie showing up in Buy Mode and Body Shop, I would rather they only stuffed the cd with a simple installer and tons (read: at least 100 plus) items on the cd rather than a whole expansion type install, overwriting the executable, objects package, and requiring the cd just to run the damned thing. Ugh. It's not like they would seriously lose out on money if they had gone the much simpler, less greedy route. I mean, it's bad enough that they're charging us for content that should have already been included in OFB!

Bleh! Bleh! Well... I'm glad that at least this time I didn't pay for it myself. I suppose as long as I get these things free as a gift or what not, I won't complain... too much. Tongue Otherwise, if the packs continue this way, with buggy, barely minimal new content, then I pretty much will never buy these stupid things of my own volition. I guess I'll have to stick with just the not-so full greedily stripped down and lacking in new content EPs and protest these damned Shopping packs. Roll Eyes Who's with me?!? [/rant]

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 03, 10:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm there.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 03, 11:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me in too! I won't even bother with this stupid, bug-ridden, no good piece of utter and absolute crap!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 03, 13:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am with ya. I was offered the original as a gift and I rejected it because it brings more troubles than benefits.But they are coming up with more of these.

Anyone remember the Glamour shopping pack due in June?

Go Away
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: