More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:02:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB  (Read 116626 times)
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Deleting, Creating, and Generating Townies OFB and pre-OFB
« Reply #75 on: 2006 July 19, 09:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did what Jordi suggested

I have only 3 SWAF, belonging to Father Time, Toddler New Year and Santa Klaus ... shouldnīt there be more  Huh

and is it : Also remove the following if they exist: memories other than the default NPCs, relationships other than the default NPCs or is it ALL memories and ALL relationships Huh

When deleting memories, I assume that I should activate the Neighborhood/Memory (NGBH) (1), right click the picture and choose Nuke Memory ... or am I at the wrong place Huh

Iīm really confused right now :lol

Rose
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 July 19, 11:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There shouldn't be any more SWAFs until you next load the 'hood. Default NPCs are always regenerated.

For the same reason I would recommend removing all memories and relationships including the default NPCs': anything needed will be added back anyway.

And Nuke memory is indeed the spot. There should be no memories at all after cleaning.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 July 19, 15:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I was told to do (thanks Ozzucay), can you confirm that these steps are ok:

1) Create new empty neighborhood
2) Delete all characters using the cheat
3) Exit the game
4) Open SimPE and open the neighborhood from the neighborhood browser
5) In the Resource tree on the left I looked for the Sims Wants and Fears
(SWAFs). There weren't any. I suppose if there were any at this stage you would
then select them in the right hand window and press shift-delete. The same thing
goes for memories. The neighborhood memory that showed up seemed to have nothing
in it so I left it alone.  There was only NPC memory so I did not delete them.
6) Select Sim Relations in the Resource Tree. Select all the entries in the
right hand window (shift-click), then shift-delete.
7) Select Sim Description in resource tree. Select anything in the right hand
window that does not say NPC and shift-delete. There should be 5 remaining.
8- Select Sim DNA in resource tree. Delete all entries here, too.
9) Save and exit SimPE.
10) Open the game again and start working on filling up your empty neighborhood
with Nec's tutorial!

Are these step ok?  Is my custom hood safe to play with?  Can the fact I did not delete the memories cause problems later?

Also, I am planning in create another hood in which I will add all the sections so I can package the Maxis community lots I like and can then use them in a cc hood, is this a bad thing to do?  I will then delete that hood when I am done packaging.

I already started to add townie in it so I hope everything is ok.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 July 19, 16:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should all be safe that way.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 July 21, 14:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most service NPCs can be converted to playables without much problems, but there are exceptions. Examples are the mascots and cheerleaders from uni: they will not age, and keep wearing their uniforms on community lots.

I had a born-in-game sim marry the cow mascot and although he occasionally reverted to wearing the cow uniform (most memorably at their daughter's wedding lol) he aged through adult to elder without any BFBVFS.  Is it a VBT because one of my CAS sims has a thing for the repairman?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 July 21, 17:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Different effects in different games I guess…

Repairmen are safe afaik.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 July 24, 19:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question I hope you can answer.
When I first made my custom neighbourhood a few months back, I made a bunch of custom YA townies at my university (I can't remember how many, but around 25-30), then created a custom Secret Society lot and made another 8 sims who I added to the SS using the college adjuster before I moved them into the townie pool.
I'm using OFB directors cut, which contains notownieregen.package and nossrespawn.package, so the townies I have made are the only ones in the 'hood.

Anyway, here's the problem:  I have played this university for 7 generations or so now, in a dorm with 16 rooms.  I do what I can to get my sims into the secret society, so when I see a face I recognize I hunt him down and befriend him.  Trouble is, my college townies are befriending each other too much, so when I eventually get my sim to the SS lot, there are more than 20 people there.
I assume this is because I had too many SS members to start with, and it's spread like the plague.

So, do you know what the ratio of dormies/SS members in the game by default?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 July 24, 19:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default number of SS members = maxnumofvisitors+1. There is no direct relation to the number of dormies.

Pescado's nossrespawn will make sure that any SS member is made from existing dormies, the game will still try to fill the SS up to the maxnumofvisitors. The "+1" is the SS abductor, who is not a normal dormie.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 July 24, 19:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the problem is probably my userStartup.cheat, not dormie fratinization.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 July 24, 20:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble is, my college townies are befriending each other too much, so when I eventually get my sim to the SS lot, there are more than 20 people there.
I assume this is because I had too many SS members to start with, and it's spread like the plague.
I don't think that regular dormies can be made members of the SS by making friends with three SS members like playable sims can.  Playable sims aren't members of the SS until they have gone through the "kidnapping" (unless you have TJ's no abductions hack, of course, then they aren't a member until they get the message).
« Last Edit: 2006 July 25, 01:05:49 by rainbow » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 July 24, 20:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the rftm for nossrespawn:
Severely cuts down secret society townie respawn: The game will prefer to induct existing townies until no choices are available before finally creating one (and only one!). No longer will it insist on generating them up to your max visitor count, either: If it cannot find any after already having created one, it will simply run undermanned.

With the hack in place, it will turn dormies into ss members until the max visitor count is met — if you have that many dormies. If your max visitor count is 25 and you have just 10 dormies, you will get just 10 SS members. But typically you have more dormies so the max visitor count can be met.
I have 34 dormies in my current game, and about 20 of those are SS members.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 July 24, 21:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my userconfig file.  At least that will make initiation cermonies less absurd.
I had 25 members greet me, then one of them stole the garden gnome and the remaining 24 all stood there yelling in near perfect synch.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 August 07, 23:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've made 30 sims..
i've erased all towies and npc..
i've extracted about 10 townies form hood "bellavista" (n001)
now.. i've started a new one, my target is to have no townies but only the one controlled by me..

the second target will be the NPC, i with that the game will use this one 30 (great if the game will keep it in radom)
any suggestion ?

did the game will create new townies by itself ?

ty Smiley
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 August 09, 03:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the text lists?  I have 55 of them in simpe, and many of them just say default, I have one that is talking about Pleasantview (not the current neighborhood) and a few of them that seem to reference houses that are not in the 'hood.  Should I delete them?
Firestorm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 August 09, 15:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I followed this tutorial despite my game being post-OFB-patched (what can I say, I'm a risk taker, heh). And everything worked smoothly except for one thing... none of the townies have Interests. I checked them out and all of them are at 0! I married a townie to a sim I made in CAS and she "magically" gained interests.

So, my question is: is this the reason this tutorial is pre-OFB patch only? Or is what happened to me some unrelated, insane and random glitch?  Huh

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 August 09, 22:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Max: I have not had the game generate any townies randomly as long as I have exported 30 townies, but it will generate new bartenders and the like if you add another community lot, and the others are being used already.

I do not do anything with NPCs, so I can't tell you about them.

Shanpooter: That may happen if you moved a family from Pleasantview to your new hood. Otherwise, I don't mess with text lists (other than reading them from time to time) though Jordi may know something about this.

Firestorm: I have only tested this without an OFB patch, so I have no idea what it does with a patch. I haven't reinstalled OFB yet (I will eventually), but I will check it out when I do. That is really weird Undecided
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2006 August 09, 22:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I followed this tutorial despite my game being post-OFB-patched (what can I say, I'm a risk taker, heh). And everything worked smoothly except for one thing... none of the townies have Interests. I checked them out and all of them are at 0! I married a townie to a sim I made in CAS and she "magically" gained interests.

I don't believe townies are given interests until they are first 'initialized' on a lot and given the initialized token. This should happen the first time they appear on a lot as a visitor or walkby.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 August 10, 02:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That may happen if you moved a family from Pleasantview to your new hood. Otherwise, I don't mess with text lists (other than reading them from time to time) though Jordi may know something about this.

Thank you for your reply.  This is a brand new 'hood, just created and no sims have ever lived there or moved to there, so I'm not quite sure what is going on.  There are no files in the characters folder, I'm getting ready to make my own towines using the ingelogical shrub thing.  I'm just gonna leave them (the text lists) alone for now, unless someone tells me differently.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 August 10, 03:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you will be fine, probably. I never thought to check the text lists before addin new townies. At any rate, my hood is pretty old now and not buggy, so I imagine you will be fine.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: 2006 August 10, 15:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been getting crashes in two hoods recently...one is brand new and one I have been playing for a while. And in both I had done a DAC and regenerated new townies using the in-game townie creator (the dead tree thing). I have OFB and both patches. Did one or both of the patches break the DAC and/or townie creator? Is there something I can do to fix these hoods or are they fubared and I'm stuck with Brandi LeTourneau and Ben Long for the rest of my life?

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 August 10, 18:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I did my DAC post OFB patch 2, and I haven't had any problems other than the SWAFs that needed to be cleaned out as I described earlier in this thread.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 August 11, 10:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far my hood runs fine, but something mysterious have happend. I have the notownieregen hack installed in my Downloads folder, but the game have started to generate itīs own townies. So far there is 2 lurking around in my hood.

Is it caursed by using the Matchmaker woman or do the game ignore the hack  Huh

One of them (Lee) have made relationships with my own sims, guess that heīll meet Mr. G. Reaper soon, but the other one (Christopher) have no relationships with anyone or any memories other that the usual ...went to college,  meet mystery sim etc. ..... can he be deleted or should he populate my community graveyard along with Lee.

I sure hope that itīs caursed by the Matchmaker ... otherwise Iīll have to build several graveyards  Roll Eyes

i've started a new one, my target is to have no townies but only the one controlled by me
oooh ... it would be so cool if we could create our own NPCīs  *drool*

Rose
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 August 11, 12:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure the new ones are actual  townies, and not new service NPCs (i.e., cashiers, bartenders, baristas, etc)?  The game will generate those as needed (usually when you visit a community lot for the first time), and they can appear anyplace where townies normally appear once they're created. Killing them off does no real good, since the game will just generate someone to replace them next time you go to their 'original' community lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 August 11, 12:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure the new ones are actual  townies, and not new service NPCs (i.e., cashiers, bartenders, baristas, etc
well ... I doublechecked with SimEnhancer ... all the other Maxis sims have a NPC-job, like maid, nanny etc except those 2 ... no NPC-job at all,they are just useless sims like any other Maxis townie Wink

btw, I only have a cc-downtown and a cc-university, no business district.

Rose
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 August 11, 12:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't matter if you have a business district or not -- any community lot that's not owned that has cash registers, coffee or drink bars needs someone to run them. I don't recall if the NPC cashiers show up as having jobs in SimPe or not (I've never used SimEnhancer), but for whatever reason the game doesn't pull from the existing townie pool to fill those jobs.

Easiest way to tell for sure is to send one of your sims to your non-owned community lots and make note of the names of the sims working there. That'll tell you if the new 'townies' are actually more service NPCs.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: